RegisterDonateLogin

Legacy of the Bloo Side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Chit Chat Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:33:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

PROPOSAL (please post your reply):

Now that we're nearing the point where people have complete squads, I'd like the rest of the draft to go more quickly. I propose that we change the rule for when you can draft from this:

You may take a turn if the number of turns since your last plus the number of hours since the last turn in the draft is 7 or more.

And change it to this:

You may take a turn if the number of turns since your last plus the number of hours since YOUR last turn in the draft is 7 or more.

This rule change will not take effect if we hear from anyone who objects. Weeks and I have already given approval.
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 3:17:22 AM
Groups: Member

I'm fine with that. I've pretty much decided on what I'm playing, and I've even drafted some alternate options.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:03:58 AM

If anyone disagrees with the above proposal, you have until tomorrow at noon (EDT) to voice an objection.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 6:23:05 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
If anyone disagrees with the above proposal, you have until tomorrow at noon (EDT) to voice an objection.

im game...i guess...
buttcabbge
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 8:23:32 AM

Sounds good to me.
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:46:48 AM

Im done drafting figures, so i dont know if you wanted to knock it down to the magic number being 6 or not. There is no point in me to keep drafting i got my squads finalized, so go get em guys!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 2010 11:14:11 AM

Weeks wrote:
Im done drafting figures, so i dont know if you wanted to knock it down to the magic number being 6 or not. There is no point in me to keep drafting i got my squads finalized, so go get em guys!

Thanks, Weeks. Is anyone else done making selections?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 4:37:56 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
PROPOSAL (please post your reply):

Now that we're nearing the point where people have complete squads, I'd like the rest of the draft to go more quickly. I propose that we change the rule for when you can draft from this:

You may take a turn if the number of turns since your last plus the number of hours since the last turn in the draft is 7 or more.

And change it to this:

You may take a turn if the number of turns since your last plus the number of hours since YOUR last turn in the draft is 7 or more.

This rule change will not take effect if we hear from anyone who objects. Weeks and I have already given approval.

With no objections, this rule is now in effect.

Again, if you are done making selections let us know. The sooner everyone is done the sooner we can move on to the regular season.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:43:54 AM

I was going to keep picking a few more, but I've got full squads now and I figure it's best to speed it up so we can get to playing, so I'm done picking too.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 7:11:51 AM

I'll be officially closing the draft shortly after I reach 40 figures. It appears that only one other person is still drafting, and others are neither drafting nor letting us know that they're done drafting. After the draft, you can still take available figures on a first-come, first-served basis.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 9, 2010 9:55:32 AM

Ok - I officially closed the draft. Since I reached 40, anyone could have taken whatever pieces they wanted to get their roster up to 40. And that's still the case through post-draft selections. So I just went ahead and closed the draft so we can move on. I'll get the randomly-generated schedule posted soon.

What time frame do you guys want for getting the games in? One week? Two weeks?
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 1:51:25 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Ok - I officially closed the draft. Since I reached 40, anyone could have taken whatever pieces they wanted to get their roster up to 40. And that's still the case through post-draft selections. So I just went ahead and closed the draft so we can move on. I'll get the randomly-generated schedule posted soon.

What is the back up plan if a game is not played?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 3:11:07 PM

empirejeff wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

What is the back up plan if a game is not played?

Either a double loss or a forfeit. If neither player offers to forfeit but one player can show evidence of being available while the other is not communicating or not available, a forfeit may be awarded to the more active player. I'll judge that, but if there is a dispute, ruling may be appealed to R5Don4, a neutral party who agreed to step in if there is such a dispute.
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:17:17 PM

1-0
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:56:28 AM

Hey guys - just a reminder. You can play your games any time. The season's 3-game schedule is already up and you can play your games early. The 'deadline' is just the date at which games will be declared forfeits or double-losses if they aren't played by then. The quicker games get played, the quicker the playoffs start.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:49:35 AM

Reminder - get your round 2 games in by Saturday. If you've tried to contact your opponent with no response, post here.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:07:53 AM

i have tried to contact empirejeff to no avail. i dont knwo what's going on. Blushing