RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Chit Chat Options
Weeks
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 5:27:10 AM
Groups: Member

oh ok no big deal thought id ask before i just picked :). Ill be back later tonght to check out what i miss.
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 5:27:46 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
No - it's been an hour since the last turn and only 3 or 4 turns since your last turn. Sorry. Maybe if we had all picked faster!

You have darth bane.Blink Scared Blink Huh Blink
Echo24
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:14:19 AM

empirejeff, did you mean to pick Darth Tyranus (who is from RotS), or did you mean to pick Darth Tyranus, Legacy of the Dark Side (frome LotF)?
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:46:47 AM

Echo24 wrote:
empirejeff, did you mean to pick Darth Tyranus (who is from RotS), or did you mean to pick Darth Tyranus, Legacy of the Dark Side (frome LotF)?

Darth Tyranus
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 7:52:59 AM

i might actually fall short from being able to make a legal pick by some odd min.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:22:45 AM

ok so arrow am i good now i just got in from work?
curler88j
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 11:28:27 AM

Weeks wrote:
ok so arrow am i good now i just got in from work?

Yes you are 7 turns have past since your turn #40
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 12:28:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

empirejeff wrote:
i might actually fall short from being able to make a legal pick by some odd min.

You can go now, empirejeff. It's been 7 turns since your last turn.
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 4:33:48 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

You can go now, empirejeff. It's been 7 turns since your last turn.

Yes it is like up to 8 turns. At the time i was like still 30 min. away. Does not matter much.

edit

it might actually be 9 turns.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:30:38 AM

"checking time stamp"
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:12:49 AM

How is everyone's picks doing?Confused
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:05:01 AM

empirejeff wrote:
How is everyone's picks doing?Confused

i have a question myself. R all u guys choosing stuff just to benifit your squads directlty, or maybe to boost up your beatsticks potency by choosing all the good counnnnnters against your figures so they cant be used against you, or maybe to even thwart your opponents would-be squads, what?? Just a thought. I myself am choosing figs that solely will beifit my squads...
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:43:50 PM

IM picking stuff that i like
buttcabbge
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:51:09 PM

My main goal is picking stuff that I like and that I think will synergize well with my earlier picks. That said, there is a little bit of tryin to guess what other people will do, and reacting to that. It's not so much that I want to nerf other people's squads, particularly since there's no guarantee about who I will play--it's more just that I might take Mini A, which I like a lot even though I might not think is the absolute best mini available (we'll call the best mini available Mini B), if I have reason to believe that Mini A is more likely to be taken by another player in the next round than Mini B. If that makes any sense. To put it a different way, if I were convinced that Greedo was the best point-for-point mini in existence and Grand Master Luke was the second-best, I should still probably take Luke before Greedo since I know that other people don't like Greedo as much as I do so he'll probably last longer in the draft, whereas my one shot at Luke will probably be my last (and, indeed, all of us either had zero or one chances to draft GMLS). In that case, my best chance to get my two favorite minis is to take my second-favorite mini first.

Obviously, our situation is much less clear-cut than that, especially since we don't all know each other's play tendencies super-well. It would actually be very different to do this with people you know really well--for instance, if I did a draft like this with my hometown group, i would go in knowing that if I really wanted Jar-Jar, I would have to take him in the first ten picks, because we've got a dude who loves to play Jar-Jar. I've got another friend who really loves force push squads, so I would have had to jump on that stuff early if I wanted it.
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:17:29 PM

buttcabbge wrote:
My main goal is picking stuff that I like and that I think will synergize well with my earlier picks. That said, there is a little bit of tryin to guess what other people will do, and reacting to that. It's not so much that I want to nerf other people's squads, particularly since there's no guarantee about who I will play--it's more just that I might take Mini A, which I like a lot even though I might not think is the absolute best mini available (we'll call the best mini available Mini B), if I have reason to believe that Mini A is more likely to be taken by another player in the next round than Mini B. If that makes any sense. To put it a different way, if I were convinced that Greedo was the best point-for-point mini in existence and Grand Master Luke was the second-best, I should still probably take Luke before Greedo since I know that other people don't like Greedo as much as I do so he'll probably last longer in the draft, whereas my one shot at Luke will probably be my last (and, indeed, all of us either had zero or one chances to draft GMLS). In that case, my best chance to get my two favorite minis is to take my second-favorite mini first.

Obviously, our situation is much less clear-cut than that, especially since we don't all know each other's play tendencies super-well. It would actually be very different to do this with people you know really well--for instance, if I did a draft like this with my hometown group, i would go in knowing that if I really wanted Jar-Jar, I would have to take him in the first ten picks, because we've got a dude who loves to play Jar-Jar. I've got another friend who really loves force push squads, so I would have had to jump on that stuff early if I wanted it.

It makes sence to people that play fantasy football.
buttcabbge
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:22:23 AM

empirejeff wrote:
It makes sence to people that play fantasy football.

Yeah, pretty much everything I know about drafting I learned from fantasy football.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:58:50 AM

Got to say im loving Buttcabbge's Luke RC with momentum and cunning +20 so far as coolest combo.
empirejeff
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:16:33 AM

Weeks wrote:
Got to say im loving Buttcabbge's Luke RC with momentum and cunning +20 so far as coolest combo.

why is it cool
empirejeff
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:17:13 AM

Well their goes the ghosts.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:09:07 AM

Stamp