RegisterDonateLogin

Is a little short for a website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Chit Chat Options
buttcabbge
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:54:31 AM
Groups: Member

fwiw, FlyingArrow, if I had the first pick, I would have taken Mas. He's the ONLY character that does what he does, and now you have the flexibility to pick up either a solid Republic or Empire commander to run him with. And you're now the only person who can do a board-wide swap squad.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:18:38 AM

Weeks wrote:
Picking Mas was very interesting, its like when a team drafts some O-Line guy you have never heard of but the guy end up staying on our team for like 15 years and only giving up like 1 sack a year. Solid move FlyingArrow.

I will also say nice move picking up GMLS AND Vader Scourge, you basicly counterdrafted GMLS' bigest threat.

tyLove
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:43:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

buttcabbge wrote:
fwiw, FlyingArrow, if I had the first pick, I would have taken Mas. He's the ONLY character that does what he does, and now you have the flexibility to pick up either a solid Republic or Empire commander to run him with. And you're now the only person who can do a board-wide swap squad.

Either I wasn't clear or you didn't read it carefully. (I'll hope for the latter. BigGrin )

None of the 3 squads we're building are single-faction squads.

1. 200-pt Light-side. Build a squad using pieces from any light side factions and any neutral factions. That could be a combination of factions.

2. 200-pt Dark-side. Build a squad using pieces from any dark side factions and any neutral factions. That could be a combination of factions.

3. 200-pt Dream team. Build a squad with no faction restrictions at all.

So your first squad might be GMLS + Rieekan, etc.
Your second squad could be GGDAC + Vader, etc.
Your third squad could be anything.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:50:33 AM

curler88j wrote:
what time zone are you in?

I'm in the Eastern time zone. His time was up about an hour ago but I was at lunch.
buttcabbge
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:51:04 AM

Didn't catch that, although honestly that might make Mas even more valuable, since there are now probably like 50-60 commanders he helps in some way or another, so you just bought yourself a TON of flexibility going forward.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:00:45 AM

buttcabbge wrote:
Didn't catch that, although honestly that might make Mas even more valuable, since there are now probably like 50-60 commanders he helps in some way or another, so you just bought yourself a TON of flexibility going forward.

That's why I took him. Everyone does have 2 Mouse Droids (and creme_brule now has 3 whether he wanted it or not), so having Mas is a big boost but hopefully not gamebreaking. I'm still thinking GMLS might have been the better pick, but at the time I was debating between Mas Amedda and General Rieekan. All strong picks.

The synergies in this league are going to be very, very different. On the one hand, the loosened faction restrictions opens up possibilities that aren't available in a normal game. On the other hand, the drafting means you can't just do whatever you want because one of the pieces you need may very well be in someone else's hands. I'm having trouble predicting what sorts of squads we'll be seeing. If I could that would probably help me in drafting.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:03:43 AM

Weeks, assuming you're still online after curler88j takes his turn, you're going to have the first turn after the first two rounds. Use a format like this:

Turn #17
Selection: Jawa
Team Size: 3
(7 turns since my last turn, 0 hours waiting)

You can even make it a Jawa if you like - I think that would be a good idea for you.

Remember, when counting waiting time, it's the number of hours since the most recent turn in the draft by any team, not the number of hours since your last turn.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:07:22 AM

Awesome Jawas are sweet.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:26:25 AM

ok so its been 5 min. since last turn, and i went 5 turns a go so i have to wait.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:28:41 AM

empirejeff wrote:
ok so its been 5 min. since last turn, and i went 5 turns a go so i have to wait.

There have been 4 turns since your last turn, and it's only been 5 minutes (0 hours) so you have to wait. If nobody else takes a turn for 3 hours, you can jump ahead of the people who are not here. (4 + 3 = 7)

Right now gold34 can take a turn.
(7 turns since his last turn, 0 hours waiting)

In an hour Echo24 could take a turn (even if gold34 hasn't shown up yet).
(6 turns since Echo24's last turn, 1 hour waiting)

In two hours buttcabbge could take a turn (even if gold34 and Echo24 haven't shown up).
(5 turns since buttcabbge's last turn, 2 hours waiting)

In three hours, you (empirejeff) could take a turn (even if gold34, Echo24, and buttcabbge haven't shown up).
(4 turns since empirejeff's last turn, 3 hours waiting)
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:30:36 AM

So i pick every 8 hours then basicly?
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:32:52 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

There have been 4 turns since your last turn, and it's only been 5 minutes (0 hours) so you have to wait. If nobody else takes a turn for 3 hours, you can jump ahead of the people who are not here. (4 + 3 = 7)

Ok thats right. very good!ThumpUp

You took General Obi-Wan Kenobi. Good pickThumbsUp Blink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:34:20 AM

Weeks wrote:
So i pick every 8 hours then basicly?

On average, at least 1 pick per 8 hours. If people make their picks quickly, it could be quicker than that. If someone is away and gets skipped over, that will eventually slow the draft down to no more than 1 pick per hour, though.

Actually, you just made me do a math problem. If you're really curious I can probably write it out, but in the worst case you'd wait 16 hours between picks, but that seems unlikely.

As a 12-hour example, if it's just you and me online for the weekend... you take a turn and then I take a turn. You have to wait 6 hours for your next turn: 1 turn since your last turn and 6 hours waiting. Then I have to wait another 6 hours for my next turn: 1 turn since my last turn and 6 hours waiting. So I would have waited 12 hours total. The two of us would move ahead of everyone else but not by too much.

If everyone is online as much as they were for the first two rounds then we shouldn't see that too much. Then again, I'm going to the beach for most of Saturday. I imagine other people have weekend plans too. So it probably will slow down a little bit. I expect the whole thing to be over in 7-10 days.

Edit:
Nope, not 16 hours - I came up with a worse pathological case. 28 hours, 59 minutes, 53 seconds is the longest possible wait for a team between turns. But that could only happen basically if all the other owners got together and made a plot simply to make one owner wait as long as possible.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:18:24 AM

I'm surprised GGDAC lasted as long as he did.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:28:16 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I'm surprised GGDAC lasted as long as he did.

Still on the table. Utapaun on Dactilon.......makes you wonder.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:50:23 AM

WOW...Blink Blushing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:00:31 AM

creme_brule wrote:
WOW...Blink Blushing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

What?
Echo24
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:10:32 AM

creme, you just drafted a little too early. It's not 7 hours since YOUR last turn, it's 7 hours since THE last turn, regardless of who it was. So there have been 6 turns since your last one, but 0 full hours, so your magic number is still only at 6, not 7. In less then 20 minutes, though, either empirejeff will draft (and you will have waited 7 turns, so your number is 7) or it will have been 6 turns and 1 hour (so your number is 7).

But unless empirejeff gets on and posts in the next 17 minutes or so and drafts Palpatine on Throne, there shouldn't be a problem.
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:16:29 AM

yup you went 15 min too so. haven't seen empire in a while so it should be ok
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:30:25 AM

curler88j wrote:
yup you went 15 min too so. haven't seen empire in a while so it should be ok

Yeah, creme_brule, you went early, but we'll overlook it since empirejeff didn't pick yet anyway and the hour is now up. The pick should look like this:

Turn #21
Selection: Emp. Palps on Throne
Team Size: 3
(6 turns since my last, 1 hour waited)

An hour after creme_brule's turn, I'll be able to go. In the mean time, empirejeff can take a turn whenever he shows up.