RegisterDonateLogin

Have you seen this missing Jedi? If so, call 1-800-ORDER-66.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Chit Chat Options
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:51:36 PM
Groups: Member

cover me arrow............im going in.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:59:57 PM

Weeks wrote:

I am comeing in right behind you.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:12:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

empirejeff wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Jeff, you've fallen behind so you could have taken 2 on this last turn. (Weeks' team size is 5, and after your pick yours is still 4.) On your next turn your team size will still be behind, so remember to take 2 selections at that time. When you take 2 picks it would look something like this:

turn # 33
Selections: Count Dooku of Serenno, Jawa
team size: 5
8 turns since my last, 0 hours since turn #32

It only counts as a single turn for the purpose of determining who can go next, so be sure both selections are posted as one turn.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:46:22 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Jeff, you've fallen behind so you could have taken 2 on this last turn. (Weeks' team size is 5, and after your pick yours is still 4.) On your next turn your team size will still be behind, so remember to take 2 selections at that time. When you take 2 picks it would look something like this:

turn # 33
Selections: Count Dooku of Serenno, Jawa
8 turns since my last, 0 hours since turn #32

It only counts as a single turn for the purpose of determining who can go next, so be sure both selections are posted as one turn.

ok
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:53:18 PM

Quote:
buttcabbge
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 3:42:30 AM

Turn 35
Selection: Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
Team Size: 5

7 turns since my last selection, 0 hours

===

creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 4:04:53 AM

turn 36
selection: leia skywalker, JK
(6 turns passed, 1 hour waiting...I think...(darn those time zones!! what REAL time is it?!))

creme_brule,

Even though the timestamps don't match the clock on the wall, you can still use them to see how much time passed between posts. As you can see above, your post was a little over 20 minutes after buttcabbge's. You needed to wait another 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, as described in the rules, the penalty for taking an early turn is that the selection is canceled, but it still counts as taking a turn. You will be able to make 2 selections on your next turn to make up for this lost selection. Leia might still be available when your next turn comes around, but I cannot guarantee it.

empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:47:27 PM

Weeks wrote:
Some interesting combos going on in the league so far. This is shaping up to be really fun

Yes most interesting indeed. Yes, what are the interesting combos?Confused
buttcabbge
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:06:50 PM

fwiw regarding the timestamps, I'm in the Central Time Zone, and it appears that my local time is the timestamp minus four hours. So, do you what you will with that information.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:17:25 PM

buttcabbge wrote:
fwiw regarding the timestamps, I'm in the Central Time Zone, and it appears that my local time is the timestamp minus four hours. So, do you what you will with that information.

gold34, Weeks has already selected Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander. You will be able to make 2 selections on your next turn to make up for this missed selection.

Alternatively, you can correct the error but only if you do so before anyone else takes a turn.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:34:23 PM

Hey guys - creme_brule lost his last pick due to going too early. He did so because of difficulties reading the BlooMilk timestamps. I need to enforce the rules impartially so he lost his selection. He'll make it up on his next turn by taking 2 selections.

However, I'd encourage everyone to leave his pick for him (Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight). He would have made it legally if he had waited 40 minutes, and there were no picks from the time he made his selection for the next 40 minutes. If you do take her, it's ok. It would just be nice if you all left her for him.
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:52:02 PM

I did ThumbDown
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:23:05 PM

curler88j wrote:
I did ThumbDown

Did what?

You didn't take Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight. Your team is Cad Bane, Ganner Rhysode, Arica, Holosid, and Boba BH. creme_brule will get to take his turn before your next turn, so I guess I'm not sure what you're referring to. Confused
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:26:54 PM

Incidentally, right this minute we've been waiting over 3 hours. In less than 20 minutes it will have been 4 hours.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:31:51 PM

Im pretty sure what i just did was leagal, im off to work ill make another pick when i get back.
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:56:55 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
curler88j wrote:
I did ThumbDown

Did what?

You didn't take Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight. Your team is Cad Bane, Ganner Rhysode, Arica, Holosid, and Boba BH. creme_brule will get to take his turn before your next turn, so I guess I'm not sure what you're referring to. Confused

didn't select leia JK
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 2:38:57 AM

Their i made 2 selections.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 2:44:05 AM

empirejeff wrote:

Yep - that part was perfect. You're caught up now.

You actually could have gone earlier, though. It looks like you miscounted the number of turns since your last turn. Your turn should have said:

Turn : 41
selection: Darth Tyranus, Shado Vao
Team Size: 6

7 turns, 3 hours, 2 min, and 58 sec.

Your previous turn was Turn #33.
34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 makes 7 turns, so you could have taken your turn immediately after Weeks if you were online at the time.

Currently, Echo24 can take a turn. buttcabbge will be eligible either in about 40 minutes or whenever Echo24 goes, whichever comes first.
empirejeff
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 3:25:20 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
empirejeff wrote:

Yep - that part was perfect. You're caught up now.

You actually could have gone earlier, though. It looks like you miscounted the number of turns since your last turn. Your turn should have said:

Turn : 41
selection: Darth Tyranus, Shado Vao
Team Size: 6

7 turns, 3 hours, 2 min, and 58 sec.

Your previous turn was Turn #33.
34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 makes 7 turns, so you could have taken your turn immediately after Weeks if you were online at the time.

Currently, Echo24 can take a turn. buttcabbge will be eligible either in about 40 minutes or whenever Echo24 goes, whichever comes first.

You are right, does not matter anywho. Yeah not that i miss countted just did not count those 2 but i see what you mean.ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 4:34:50 AM

creme_brule, it looks like you posted your draft pick and then signed off. I sent you a private message about it, but I wanted to let others know what's going on, too.

buttcabbge posted Turn #42 at Friday, June 25, 2010 4:34:46 PM (my timestamps).

creme_brule posted Turn #43 at Friday, June 25, 2010 5:06:27 PM (my timestamps):

turn #43
selection: leia skywalker JK, panaka
team size: 6
7 turns passed 000 hours

creme_brule posted the turn stating 7 turns passed, but he miscounted turns. There were only 6 turns since his last turn so he needed to wait another 25 minutes or so to take a turn. He has until someone else takes a turn to delete his turn and then re-post it when he is allowed to take a turn (which as of now is about 2 minutes away).

I hate enforcing rules like this, but we can't have people posting out of turn, posting early "just in case the other guy doesn't show up because I have to leave." You are either allowed to take a turn or you aren't at a particular time. If you aren't allowed to take a turn or you take a piece that was already claimed, and you realize the mistake before anyone else goes, that's fine - you can edit or delete the post to fix the problem. But if someone else goes we're not going to have rollbacks or anything like that. If your turn was illegal, the selections will be canceled and you can make them up on your next turn.

I know it stinks to possibly lose a turn just because of miscounting, so I hope you're back online in 5 minutes to fix it. If it helps, I'm right after you and I'll wait an extra hour to maybe give you a chance.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 5:23:23 AM

Hey arrow im home on break for a few minutes. i last picked at 12:30 timestamp, its now 8:30 timestamp can i go ahead and go?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 5:25:00 AM

No - it's been an hour since the last turn and only 3 or 4 turns since your last turn. Sorry. Maybe if we had all picked faster!