RegisterDonateLogin

Yes, yes. To Bloo Milk you listen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Chit Chat Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:58:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm assuming gold34 is away for the weekend or just busy, but if it gets to be about 1pm tomorrow afternoon and we still haven't heard from him, we'll give him a co-owner who can step in to draft until he returns and to play his games if he's unavailable. The co-owner should be someone interested enough to have been following along, so consider this the 'advertisement' to find a co-owner, buried right here in the chat thread. If you'd like to be a co-owner send me a bloomail. Keep in mind that if he returns on time he wouldn't even need one. And if he returns later, you'd be like an "assistant general manager", so you'd only step in to draft and play games if he's away.
Echo24
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:56:57 PM
Groups: Member

Weeks wrote:
Stamp

lol, dude, since we're on the east coast you just add 3 hours to the current time and you get BlooMilk time. Like right now it is 11:55 PM EST, that means that time time stamp on this post will be approximately 2:55 AM.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 1:31:49 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I'm assuming gold34 is away for the weekend or just busy, but if it gets to be about 1pm tomorrow afternoon and we still haven't heard from him, we'll give him a co-owner who can step in to draft until he returns and to play his games if he's unavailable. The co-owner should be someone interested enough to have been following along, so consider this the 'advertisement' to find a co-owner, buried right here in the chat thread. If you'd like to be a co-owner send me a bloomail. Keep in mind that if he returns on time he wouldn't even need one. And if he returns later, you'd be like an "assistant general manager", so you'd only step in to draft and play games if he's away.

He returned and is back in the draft, so no co-owner is needed.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 4:46:35 AM

I dont remember reading this anywhere but am i allowed to draft more mouse droids/uggies/r7s?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 4:57:39 AM

Weeks wrote:
I dont remember reading this anywhere but am i allowed to draft more mouse droids/uggies/r7s?

In addition to the 2 of each that are provided to each team, one of each is available in the draft. creme_brule has already drafted the available Mouse Droid.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 7:42:51 AM

NNOOOOOOO!!!!! my mouse droid army is gone :( oh well. And how about Malak making it all the way down t o #84? wowser
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 8:02:45 AM

Weeks wrote:
NNOOOOOOO!!!!! my mouse droid army is gone :( oh well. And how about Malak making it all the way down t o #84? wowser

I don't think 3 would count as an army anyway. BigGrin

empirejeff
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:01:31 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Weeks wrote:

I don't think 3 would count as an army anyway. BigGrin

They don't stand a chance against a uggie army anway.ThumpUp

Yeah malak is the steal of the draft.Bored
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 1:30:09 PM

This is tough.

Problem #1: People taking things away from me.
Problem #2: Working on 4 squad ideas for 3 squads.
Problem #3: Forgetting that light and dark sides can only be combined in one of the 3 squads.

By the way, take note of the squadbuilding rules. Quoted from the Rules thread:
"The light-side factions are Old Republic, Republic, Rebels, New Republic.
The dark-side factions are Sith, Separatist, Imperial.
The neutral factions are Fringe, Mandalorian, Yuuzhan Vong.

Your light-side squad may contain any figures from light-side or neutral factions.
Your dark-side squad may contain any figures from dark-side or neutral factions.
Your Dream Team squad may contain figures from any factions. "

Note that this is different from the Light-Side and Dark-Side options built into BlooMilk. In this league, Vong and Mandalorians are essentially fringe. I thought the BlooMilk light-side and dark-side squad-building options would treat them that way but they don't, so if you're building sample squads for the league, they'll all have to be done by selecting no faction restrictions at all and then enforcing the rules above yourself as you build.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 2:17:52 PM

ive finally started thinking about what i want to build after spending the first 8 rounds picking at random :).
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 4:09:42 PM

all the good range pieces are gone.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:16:59 PM

cough "carth" cough
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:25:06 PM

cough "cade" cough
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:31:32 PM

cough "zaalbar" cough
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:38:21 AM

I've had my light and dark side squads planned since my 3rd draft, and haven't been counter drafted yet. I intentionally decided to build squads so that people would have to essentially waste their turn to counter draft me, since I already took the good combos (for example, I wasn't worried about someone taking the BDO, because after I took GGDAC and the Lancer myself I pretty much got a monopoly on droids, so anyone else taking the BDO would be wasting their turn). I also decided to build around some less desirable pieces (like Han Scoundrel) so I didn't have to worry about it being taken before I get a chance to draft it.

My dream team squad, however, now consists of Malak and I have no idea what else yet lol. I'm pretty happy that he was still available, I wante a good commander who didn't need mouse droids (since mine will be on my light side team with Rieekan and the TBSV). Too bad most of the other good mains have been taken....
curler88j
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:04:24 AM

i am just picking at random and have no idea for my squads yet!
buttcabbge
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:46:01 AM

Echo24 wrote:
I've had my light and dark side squads planned since my 3rd draft, and haven't been counter drafted yet. I intentionally decided to build squads so that people would have to essentially waste their turn to counter draft me, since I already took the good combos (for example, I wasn't worried about someone taking the BDO, because after I took GGDAC and the Lancer myself I pretty much got a monopoly on droids, so anyone else taking the BDO would be wasting their turn). I also decided to build around some less desirable pieces (like Han Scoundrel) so I didn't have to worry about it being taken before I get a chance to draft it.

My dream team squad, however, now consists of Malak and I have no idea what else yet lol. I'm pretty happy that he was still available, I wante a good commander who didn't need mouse droids (since mine will be on my light side team with Rieekan and the TBSV). Too bad most of the other good mains have been taken....

First off, the droid strategy is clearly sound. I even considered taking BDO just to hurt you, but since there's no guarantee that we'll even play each other, there's like a fifty percent chance I wouldn't have helped myself by hurting you. If we were doing a longer season, I imagine we would see more people trying to undercut each other.

I might end up kicking myself for not taking Malak. I think I took Mira one pick before you took Malak, and I was going back and forth with myself for like half an hour about which one to take. I think Mira will be a ton of fun for the squad I have in mind, and I've always thought she was a really cool figure in an unplayable faction, so it will be fun to use her in a context where she will have synergy with really good pieces I can't normally combine her with. But Malak could have been a cornerstone for a third squad that I'm still in the process of figuring out. As it stands right now, I have a solid sense of what I'm doing with two squads, and my third squad is looking more and more like the "Friday in the school cafeteria Leftover Casserole Squad."
buttcabbge
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:55:17 AM

It's also been interesting to see where there have been "runs" on certain types of figures, where all at once lots of people seem to drafting the same sort of thing. Right at the start, there was obviously a big run on Top Tier DCI Commanders (Evade guys, Thrawn, Dodonna, Loathsome). There was a bit of a Boba run (where three were picked within ten picks, and heck, two of them were picked twice). The shooter Hans flew off the shelf pretty quickly after one another. empirejeff commented on the force ghost run while it was happening. Right now we seem to be in the middle of a "low-cost utility piece run" (Czerka, BDO, K3P0, Mando Commander, R7, Juno, Wicket). So, um, if you want that Polis Massa Medic, time's running out.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:07:15 AM

buttcabbge wrote:
Echo24 wrote:

First off, the droid strategy is clearly sound. I even considered taking BDO just to hurt you, but since there's no guarantee that we'll even play each other, there's like a fifty percent chance I wouldn't have helped myself by hurting you. If we were doing a longer season, I imagine we would see more people trying to undercut each other.

I might end up kicking myself for not taking Malak. I think I took Mira one pick before you took Malak, and I was going back and forth with myself for like half an hour about which one to take. I think Mira will be a ton of fun for the squad I have in mind, and I've always thought she was a really cool figure in an unplayable faction, so it will be fun to use her in a context where she will have synergy with really good pieces I can't normally combine her with. But Malak could have been a cornerstone for a third squad that I'm still in the process of figuring out. As it stands right now, I have a solid sense of what I'm doing with two squads, and my third squad is looking more and more like the "Friday in the school cafeteria Leftover Casserole Squad."

I throught about takeing him.ThumbsUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:44:55 PM

There around 70 pieces with cost 45 or higher that are rated 7.5 or higher here on BlooMilk. There are only 24 squads being built, and not many (any?) of those will have more than 2 high-cost figures. So some good high cost figures will be unused just based on those numbers. Granted, Malak is one of the highest rated, but I think part of that rating is due to the fact that he naturally pairs with the other Sith lords as one who's relatively low cost and has a CE that helps the others. When all the other factions open up, he's still good but no longer the 'must have' you need to synergize with the Sith.

I'm not sure how good my squads will be, but I think they'll be fun. Even after they lose, I still won't know how good they are because I can always blame a loss on my overall bad playing skills. :-D