RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 6:29:40 AM
Groups: Member

I'll be nice today ;) The correct CE that is on the card is:
"Droids are subject to this effect: Once per round, after initiative is determined, one non-Unique Droid follower within line of sight may move up to 2 squares then make 1 immediate attack. This does not count as an activation."
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 6:50:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jedispyder wrote:
I'll be nice today ;) The correct CE that is on the card is:
"Droids are subject to this effect: Once per round, after initiative is determined, one non-Unique Droid follower within line of sight may move up to 2 squares then make 1 immediate attack. This does not count as an activation."

Thanks for being nice!
I listened to the recording and then promptly typed it wrong. RollEyes
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 7:06:04 AM

dreadtech wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
This piece also works exceptionally well with the chameleon Droid, has the ability to wall climb away from an enemy that has based it, deal an extra damage twin for 60, and have another minefield for that enemy to pass through again. Very much like. Also good when used in conjunction with a piece with alot of extra attacks. Set up the b3, destroyer Droid Series 2, any huge, and maybe even an octuptarra... Nah that last ones a little too crazy. Finally combine with sideous for some almost greater mobile attack, albeit expensive.

How does tactician relate to reserves though? With wat Tambor TUF do you now need a 1, 6, 11, 16?

A couple things:

The CE recipient is granted one immediate attack, not a turn. An extra damage bonus would only apply to the initial attack, and not a twin off that attack.

Tactician adds +4 to your roll except on a roll of 1. So a roll of 1 still counts as 1 and will trigger San Hill or Nute Gunray's reserves. For Wat TUF you would need a 6, 11 or 16, and a natural 5 would become a 9, so it actually takes away one possible reserves number in his case. Huh

The free movement should provide some nice benefits at times. Cool

OH. I always though that the Tactician +4 determined effects for initiative only, but did not affect things for reserves? As that effect says on a natural roll of () whether that be 5/10/15/20 or 11 or whatever, so bounes to initative roll did not apply as that is not the "natural roll" for reserves
I guess we have been playing this wrong.

Hmm, I'm on a roll of getting things wrong, so you might not want to take my word on that one.

The wording of Reserves is "if you roll exactly" [x]... as opposed to "natural"
Tactician says add [x] to your roll, which changes your roll.

Time to go dig through rules threads...
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 7:10:42 AM

Sithborg wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
Going into my first regional, I need to brush up on my new abilities.

So, for Tactician, if you roll an 11 (or 1, or 20, or any other myriad of reserves) triggering Reserves, it has to be a natural 11 and not augmented by the Tactician bonus, correct?

correct.

Incorrect. Reserves looks for the final result. So with Tactician +4, you would need to roll a 7 for init to trigger Fringe Reserves.

From the rules insert:
Tactician +[#]: Add +[#] to the initiative roll except on a roll of 1. Abilities based on a particular roll (such as Reserves) and ties are resolved based on the modified number. If a tie requires rerolling initiative, this ability cannot be used again on the reroll.

dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 7:23:18 AM

LOL, well we have been playing this wrong. I guess if you have both Tactician +4 and Tactician +8 only the higher Tactician +8 apples?

Thanks for digging that out.
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 7:28:37 AM

If you have Cunning +10 and Cunning +20, do you only get Cunning +20 or do you get Cunning +30? You get Cunning +20 because of stacking rules. Same thing applies to Tactician.
Darthbane53
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:34:44 AM

I was curious if anyone could leak the recommended mini for the old republic fig master thon? I know the recomended mini for D&D and or a Triceratops toy, but whats the actual star wars miniature that will be its proxy. I was thinking boma but that was used for voxyn in Vset 1...Confused
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:12:15 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
I was curious if anyone could leak the recommended mini for the old republic fig master thon? I know the recomended mini for D&D and or a Triceratops toy, but whats the actual star wars miniature that will be its proxy. I was thinking boma but that was used for voxyn in Vset 1...Confused

Boma is correct.
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:27:33 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:

Isn't really a problem. The odds of a Voxyn and Master Thon (heck, even a normal Boma) being used in the same squad are all but zero, and people have been keeping their Ugnaughts sorted from their opponent's Ugnaughts for years. A Voxyn verses Master Thon wouldn't be at all different.
komix
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:13:19 PM

Any news on Stormtrooper Advance Scout ?
Give us his card!! :))
Weeks
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:29:21 AM

Why is no one talking about master kavar or the wookiee Jedi?
gwek
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:35:34 AM

Were the stats spoiled somewhere?

If not, all I have to say is that I'm happy to see Master Kavar and curious about the Wook's faction/affinity.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:41:04 AM

They were spoiled at the Atlanta regional. I'll post them tonight I'm on my phone right now.

Here's a taste though. Both have twin :)
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:55:36 AM

Weeks wrote:
They were spoiled at the Atlanta regional. I'll post them tonight I'm on my phone right now.

Here's a taste though. Both have twin :)

Having used the Wookiee Jedi a couple of times, I can say I am SO excited about them. I had two in a squad, and they were excellent and put out a lot of hurt before going down.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:14:25 PM

18/60
Wookiee Jedi
Cost 35
HP 120
DEF 14
ATK +11
DAM 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Affinity (May be on an Old Republic or New Republic squad)
Cleave (Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can make 1 immediate attack against another adjacent enemy)
Splash 10 (If this character's attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 10 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 10 damage; save 11.)

Force Powers
Force 3
Indiscriminate Rage (Force 1: +2 Attack and +10 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11; if the save fails, this character gains Savage until the end of the skirmish.)
Lightsaber Sweep (Force 1, replaces attacks: Can attack each adjacent enemy once)

06/60
Master Kavar
Cost 65
HP 130
DEF 20
ATK +11
DAM 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Niman Style Mastery (+4 Attack and +4 Defense while this character has more than half Hit Points remaining)

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Force Heal 20 (Force 2, replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from a living character)
Jedi Mind Trick 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; target living enemy and each living enemy adjacent to that target are considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 16)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Sever Force (Force 3, replaces turn: Target adjacent character cannot spend Force points for the rest of the skirmish)

Commander Effect
Followers within 6 squares get +3 Attack and +3 Defense.

Your welcome.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:18:42 PM

So the Wookiee has a chance of damaging himself every time he attacks?
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:23:19 PM

Quote:
Commander Effect

Awesome - I was thinking in the shower this morning that Old Republic could use a commander similar to Grand Master Yoda or GOWK to boost up stuff like Jedi Battlemasters. Looks awesome.

Same with the Wookiee Jedi - I love things that have Twin Attack or Lightsaber Assault so that they can run in and smash things with General Skywalker
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:23:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yup.
dreadtech
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:45:35 PM

Weeks wrote:
18/60
Wookiee Jedi
Cost 35
HP 120
DEF 14
ATK +11
DAM 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Affinity (May be on an Old Republic or New Republic squad)
Cleave (Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can make 1 immediate attack against another adjacent enemy)
Splash 10 (If this character's attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 10 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 10 damage; save 11.)

Force Powers
Force 3
Indiscriminate Rage (Force 1: +2 Attack and +10 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11; if the save fails, this character gains Savage until the end of the skirmish.)
Lightsaber Sweep (Force 1, replaces attacks: Can attack each adjacent enemy once)

06/60
Master Kavar
Cost 65
HP 130
DEF 20
ATK +11
DAM 20

Special Abilities
Unique. Melee Attack; Twin Attack
Niman Style Mastery (+4 Attack and +4 Defense while this character has more than half Hit Points remaining)

Force Powers
Force 2. Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Force Heal 20 (Force 2, replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from a living character)
Jedi Mind Trick 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; target living enemy and each living enemy adjacent to that target are considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 16)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Sever Force (Force 3, replaces turn: Target adjacent character cannot spend Force points for the rest of the skirmish)

Commander Effect

Your welcome.

Well not sure what to make of these two. The Wookie seems to have a very low defense (14) well seems low for a 35 point jedi to me. Still nice that he has Affinity for BOTH OR and NR.
Damaging himself with splash? Why? A wookie sure can buy that a Jedi Wookie makes less sense. If he gets Lightsaber Sweep on 3 enemies he is doing a possible 60 damage to himself? Why are we going to use this character? Cleave, nice to have but another possable 20 Damage to him self if he gets to use it.

Kavar only doing a poss 40 damage for 65 points? not sure he is worth that. Having said that though, that is at first glance as I have not play tested either of these two. Sever force? well not sure I like this, mainly because its an ability the OR already has and because very few ever use it. Still we never know whats further down the road for OR, if they ever get swap it might well be worth having. Also I do like Jedi Mind Trick 3, though at 3 Force points seems a little costly compared to Sith Sorcery.As I have said have not play tested him but I have to compare him to the new Mace, same cost, mace is 10 time better and mace is on one of the stronger factions.

Anyway thanks Weeks for the post

EDIT. post one updated with these two.
gwek
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 3:06:40 PM

I agree with dreadtech, both in thanking Weeks for posting and in his general thoughts.

Master Kavar has a nice array of tricks, but at first blush, he seems a bit underwhelming for the cost. We don't know what the rest of R&R holds, but he currently stands as the most expensive Old Republic piece (and, I think, the only one in the 50+ price range). In some ways, he seems to combine the best of GOWK and GMLS, but he's a costly package. (Personally, I would rather have seen his tricks spread across 2 pieces costing about half as much, but, hey, it's still cool to get him).

The Wookiee Jedi is an interesting build. I'm happy to see that my guesses about affinity and faction were correct, and am surprised to see one of the Dark Times damage boosters on a non-Unique. Cool idea. I second the notion that Splash is a bit of an odd choice. If it was conditional and went into effect at the same time as Savage, it would make more sense to me, but I suppose it's there as something of a balancing factor. This guy (currently one of only three non-Unique Force-users in the 30+ range, and the only non-Fringe piece) can dish out a lot of damage if used properly, so there have to be some limits. I like that he feels very different from every other Force piece (as befitting a Wookiee Jedi).