RegisterDonateLogin

Has taught you well.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 2:21:11 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

wannabe mexican wrote:
Azman wrote:
I think its time for some more spoliers.......

Billiv15 is the guy in charge of spoilers. He is away off somewhere. No doubt when he returns he will spoil something.

If we're talking about Theed, that is Engineer's baby. Maybe we'll get another one on SHNN tonight (assuming they do the show as planned).

Also, Ray Becker (dvader831) posted on Gamers that he will put out a new Bothan transmission when the v-set donations hit the $4000 mark, about $500 away.
Ruhk
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:46:00 AM
Groups: Member

more spoilers? you guys are spoiled for spoilers! You've gotten... like.. at least one right? :P

---
I'm sure something will be posted soon, set doesn't come out until August after all, plenty of spoiler time until then.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:28:15 AM

we want spoilers, we want spoilers :)
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:28:48 AM

I scream, you scream, we all scream for spoilers!!!
Azman
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:53:09 AM

Ruhk wrote:
more spoilers? you guys are spoiled for spoilers! You've gotten... like.. at least one right? :P

---
I'm sure something will be posted soon, set doesn't come out until August after all, plenty of spoiler time until then.

I know.... we are very imaptient !
saber1
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:10:37 AM

Ice cream? We're getting ice cream? I just wanted spoilers, but if someone is giving out ice cream I'll take some.
Ruhk
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:53:44 AM

Well... I hear that there are Regional(s?) this weekend.. I heard tell the tale of the great regional preview.. mayhaps it will show itself this weekend!
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:58:07 PM

Updated.
21/60 Tactical Droid
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:12:48 PM

The CE on the Tactical droid is quite nice. It forces your opponent to take the extra movement in when calculating line of sight. I had a fair amount of damage dealt to me because I didn't realise my figure wasn't as well hidden as it needed to be.

However, it does require sight, so the Tactical droid will be weak against accurate shooters, and can be stopped by saving override to your last activation to block that LOS right at the end.
Azman
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:24:24 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
The CE on the Tactical droid is quite nice. It forces your opponent to take the extra movement in when calculating line of sight. I had a fair amount of damage dealt to me because I didn't realise my figure wasn't as well hidden as it needed to be.

However, it does require sight, so the Tactical droid will be weak against accurate shooters, and can be stopped by saving override to your last activation to block that LOS right at the end.

line of sight ? or range ?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:38:58 PM

The Tactical droid allows one ally within LOS to move 2 squares and attack before the first phase of the round.
gwek
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:08:53 PM

This guy seems like a natural pairing with Whorm Loathsom (to make that extra attack a Twin Attack) and/or San Hill (a cheap way to help set up the situation you need). He also seems like a good friend to huge pieces (many of whom do 30 damage); with Twin Attack, those characters can do up to 80 damage BEFORE activating. Heck, Elbeen can do 100 damage. This definitely helps the Seps very nicely.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:24:58 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
The Tactical droid allows one ally within LOS to move 2 squares and attack before the first phase of the round.

For sake of clarity, it applies to a non-unique Droid follower. BlooMilk
brennan
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 12:51:36 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:

Quick question, The way the CE is worded, it almost allows for you to move one square, attack, and then move back. Thats cool but am I just interpretting it wrong or is it really that way?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 1:32:10 AM

brennan wrote:
wannabe mexican wrote:

Quick question, The way the CE is worded, it almost allows for you to move one square, attack, and then move back. Thats cool but am I just interpretting it wrong or is it really that way?

I can't ever say we used it like that, but we were only testing it and had nothing to do with the design. I am sure the designers will pipe up soon.
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 4:00:11 AM

brennan wrote:
wannabe mexican wrote:

Well hopefully one of the design team will say and also just check I have written the CE down correctly.

However as the CE from what I understand does not grant Mobile Attack, It should not be able to move 1 square attack and move 1 back. Still you never know, besides I may have worded it incorrectly.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 5:01:12 AM

This piece also works exceptionally well with the chameleon Droid, has the ability to wall climb away from an enemy that has based it, deal an extra damage twin for 60, and have another minefield for that enemy to pass through again. Very much like. Also good when used in conjunction with a piece with alot of extra attacks. Set up the b3, destroyer Droid Series 2, any huge, and maybe even an octuptarra... Nah that last ones a little too crazy. Finally combine with sideous for some almost greater mobile attack, albeit expensive.

How does tactician relate to reserves though? With wat Tambor TUF do you now need a 1, 6, 11, 16?
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 5:21:27 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
This piece also works exceptionally well with the chameleon Droid, has the ability to wall climb away from an enemy that has based it, deal an extra damage twin for 60, and have another minefield for that enemy to pass through again. Very much like. Also good when used in conjunction with a piece with alot of extra attacks. Set up the b3, destroyer Droid Series 2, any huge, and maybe even an octuptarra... Nah that last ones a little too crazy. Finally combine with sideous for some almost greater mobile attack, albeit expensive.

How does tactician relate to reserves though? With wat Tambor TUF do you now need a 1, 6, 11, 16?

A couple things:

The CE recipient is granted one immediate attack, not a turn. An extra damage bonus would only apply to the initial attack, and not a twin off that attack.

Tactician adds +4 to your roll except on a roll of 1. So a roll of 1 still counts as 1 and will trigger San Hill or Nute Gunray's reserves. For Wat TUF you would need a 6, 11 or 16, and a natural 5 would become a 9, so it actually takes away one possible reserves number in his case. Huh

The free movement should provide some nice benefits at times. Cool
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 5:29:25 AM

Here is the exact wording of the CE from the SHNN recording:

Quote:
Droids are subject to this effect: Once per round, after initiative is determined, one non-unique droid follower can move up to 2 squares then make 1 immediate attack. This does not count as an activation.
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 6:26:33 AM

swinefeld wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

A couple things:

The CE recipient is granted one immediate attack, not a turn. An extra damage bonus would only apply to the initial attack, and not a twin off that attack.

Tactician adds +4 to your roll except on a roll of 1. So a roll of 1 still counts as 1 and will trigger San Hill or Nute Gunray's reserves. For Wat TUF you would need a 6, 11 or 16, and a natural 5 would become a 9, so it actually takes away one possible reserves number in his case. Huh

The free movement should provide some nice benefits at times. Cool

OH. I always though that the Tactician +4 determined effects for initiative only, but did not affect things for reserves? As that effect says on a natural roll of () whether that be 5/10/15/20 or 11 or whatever, so bounes to initative roll did not apply as that is not the "natural roll" for reserves
I guess we have been playing this wrong.