RegisterDonateLogin

Will not condone a course of action that will lead it's people to war.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:53:09 PM
Groups: Member

Having tested Atton 'Jaq' Rand quite a bit it's nice to be able to talk about him!

He is without a doubt my favorite piece in R&R. I love how he plays completely differently in OR and Sith. He punches well above his weight in terms of cost and HP. Fun combos in testing were Exile, OR Senator, Bastilla in OR and Exar ghost in Sith. He also goes really nicely with at least 2 sweet commanders from R&R, but you'll have to wait to see them I guess.

I agree with Mex, Atton lifts OR and Sith into far more equal competition with the stronger factions.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 6:54:06 PM

Sashlon wrote:
Having tested Atton 'Jaq' Rand quite a bit it's nice to be able to talk about him!

He is without a doubt my favorite piece in R&R. I love how he plays completely differently in OR and Sith. He punches well above his weight in terms of cost and HP. Fun combos in testing were Exile, OR Senator, Bastilla in OR and Exar ghost in Sith. He also goes really nicely with at least 2 sweet commanders from R&R, but you'll have to wait to see them I guess.

I agree with Mex, Atton lifts OR and Sith into far more equal competition with the stronger factions.

Do you like Dutch?
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:51:05 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:

Do you like Dutch?

Nope, he's a stinking Rebel!ThumbDown

In all seriousness, I love his CE, he's a nice fig.ThumpUp
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 9:21:01 AM

That new Atton Rand looks amazing. He's ballpark similar to Captain Rex in cost and damage output, but he's subject to more CEs since he's a follower, and he has Force Points for rerolls. And Bastilla can stop the Rebels and NR from evading his attacks.
Azman
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:57:39 PM

We need some additions !!!!

I saw a Red squadron Ace, Thrackan Sal-solo, Vong firebreather

on Gamers, plus pics of others.....

what is official ???
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:39:27 PM

Red Squadron Ace is epic.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:50:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Azman wrote:

what is official ???

Firebreather is confirmed (not sure of exact name or number)

dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:48:32 AM

Azman wrote:

what is official ???

All of these are in the next set, but at the moment I am not 100% sure on set numbers, so will add them at a later date. Red squadron Ace stats have now been added.

If there is a SHNN show tonight another character has been promised to be given out. So new info is still coming out, and any info which is confirmed (As in full name and set number) will be added ASAP as will full stats when available.
Sorry not going to put up part of stats, such as Traya's which you can see the card on SWGamers but full stats are not clear which is why I have not yet added it to the list.
gwek
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:09:27 AM

The Red Squadron Ace is confirmed as number 26. There are cards for the Ace, Traya, Weir, and the Gloom Walker (although in some cases, you can't read the full stats).

The name was not confirmed, but Bill gave a thumbs up to a guess about the YV Firebreather (which appears to have the Acklay as the recommended mini). Assuming all the pieces that were shows in the regionals diorama were from the R&R, the Vong appear to be getting a total of six pieces, so you could tentatively renumber the list a little if you wanted to.

Although only the Firebreather was confirmed, about another half-dozen or so pieces can be pretty strongly speculated upon.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:17:11 AM

The unfortunate thing about the YV Firebreather, is that it looks more like a KNobby White spider IMO, when judging by the picture on wookieepedia. But, I think that may have recently been used on an auto-include YV mini...
Galactic Funk
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:12:47 AM

The full stats for the Leviathan are up at d20 radio.

An absolute monster! I'm really excited about this piece!
billiv15
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:33:39 AM

Dave - or anyone else, remind me tonight of any set numbers you need and I will cover it on the show. We are fully covering a new mini stat set tonight. :)
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:15:16 AM

I think only Thrackan Sal-solo, Vong firebreather, have been confirmed which do not have set numbers, as all the other right guesses were answered by "you got 18/43 correct". Which does not say which 18. Someone did asked if a certain mini was Winter but that post was not answered.

Is it Yuuzhan Vong Firebreather or just Firebreather?

I hope to listen live to tonight show.
Dave

dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 2:00:22 PM

Updates

08.Darth Traya (full Stats up)
39.Winter (full Stats up)
48.Thracken Sal-Solo (full stats up)
54.Mandalorian Sniper (full Stats up)
59.Yuuzhan Vong Firebreather set number up

wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:16:57 PM

Winter, Jagged Fel, Leia Skywalker. That is quite a good combo methinks. Especially if you can get a little damage on Leia.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:51:32 PM

I'm listening to SHNN atm. With Winter, you missed out Door Gimmick and Synergy +4(Leia within 6 squares gets +4 attack).
Echo24
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:18:50 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
Winter, Jagged Fel, Leia Skywalker. That is quite a good combo methinks. Especially if you can get a little damage on Leia.

It is. One of my favorite playtest squads included those three, plus a TBSV and the new Jacen Solo. Having Jacen made it easier to get Protective, and the TBSV gave both Winter and Jacen GMA. Also, Jacen could re-roll his Evades and Parries thanks to Leia, so he was quite hard to kill (not to mention Embrace of Pain!). There was also another as of yet un-announced mini in that squad who synergized quite well with a number of the figures.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:50:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Indiscriminate is worded very strangely on the leviathans card. Its different than the version we saw on the one v-set vong. According to the leviathan's wording, the special ability would actually be useless... it says that "when attacking" the character ignores abilities and CE's that prevent targeting. With this wording, you must first target the enemy to be able to use the effect... and if a CE or SA prevented you from targeting it, you couldn't attack it to ignore these abilities in the first place.

Luckily there glossary definition is very clear on this, but the discrepancy is strange.
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 12:04:07 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
I'm listening to SHNN atm. With Winter, you missed out Door Gimmick and Synergy +4(Leia within 6 squares gets +4 attack).

Thanks,
Updated.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 12:10:09 AM

More protective? Time to dig out dr. Evason!