RegisterDonateLogin

Don't worry, she'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
Azman
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:11:31 PM
Groups: Member

I dont care about $20 storm commandos... just paint up some scout troopers (much cheaper) and mix in with what commandos you have

in the days of V sets i dont think official minis are essential ????

what do you think ????
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:21:16 PM

Azman wrote:
I dont care about $20 storm commandos... just paint up some scout troopers (much cheaper) and mix in with what commandos you have

what do you think ????

I think there will perhaps be more time alloted to pre-game setting up in order to make sure your opponent knows exactly what minis you are using. In local play groups you will probably start recognising whatever customs your regular players use.

But, whether they will start allowing you to use customs representing Stom Commandoes, I do not know.
jak
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 2:11:10 AM

Azman wrote:

what do you think ????

Scared $20 commandos?! I have 5 and I've never spent that much for one.

edit: sorry for the potential thread derail[Blushing
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 2:24:25 AM

Azman wrote:

what do you think ????

Official minis...no, see Customs under Floor Rules.

Official cards...yes, 1 per for anything pre DOTF.

I plan on being a stickler on these things, other judges, not so much. Also it depends on the venue, I'll be a lot more strict at a Regional or Gencon than I would anywhere else.
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 2:40:34 AM

Are there going to be tournys that you can use these made up chacters and if so please post me a link to purchase them ! thank you
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 4:28:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

OLDMANKENOBI wrote:
Are there going to be tournys that you can use these made up chacters and if so please post me a link to purchase them ! thank you

See the 2 sticky'd threads at the top of the General forum.

V-set pieces are legal for use in SWMGPA sanctioned tournments such as Regionals and Gencon, and at the discretion of anyone else organizing smaller tournaments (such as your local playgroup).
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 6:19:53 AM

Azman wrote:

what do you think ????

+1 A. because of Vsets and B. because some just were not around at the beginning so do not have minis form earlier sets
shatterpoint7
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 7:03:02 AM

Echo24 wrote:
shatterpoint7 wrote:
does anyone else think weir's "lets give the already so awesome storm commandoes they go for $20" shields 2 a bad idea? ThumbDown

Well for one thing, the fact that Storm Commandos go for $20 (and you can definitely get them cheaper than that btw, but you're right that they are on the expensive side) isn't because they're good pieces; it's because they are a non-unique Rare from an older set. You know what else goes for $20? Stormtrooper on Repulsor Sled. Yeeeeeeah....

Secondly, do you really think that giving them Shields 2 makes them too good? Honestly, it just makes them playable, because they currently aren't. Bring a Storm Commando squad to a competitive tournament (like a Regional or GenCon) and you probably won't do very well. Weir will make them playable, but probably still isn't enough to make them top-tier.

im a little out of touch with the game so i wouldn't know, thanks for the update.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 7:58:11 AM

shatterpoint7 wrote:
Echo24 wrote:
shatterpoint7 wrote:
does anyone else think weir's "lets give the already so awesome storm commandoes they go for $20" shields 2 a bad idea? ThumbDown

Well for one thing, the fact that Storm Commandos go for $20 (and you can definitely get them cheaper than that btw, but you're right that they are on the expensive side) isn't because they're good pieces; it's because they are a non-unique Rare from an older set. You know what else goes for $20? Stormtrooper on Repulsor Sled. Yeeeeeeah....

Secondly, do you really think that giving them Shields 2 makes them too good? Honestly, it just makes them playable, because they currently aren't. Bring a Storm Commando squad to a competitive tournament (like a Regional or GenCon) and you probably won't do very well. Weir will make them playable, but probably still isn't enough to make them top-tier.

im a little out of touch with the game so i wouldn't know, thanks for the update.

Well, all i have to say is that you now give them shields 2, twin, super stealth, swap, and the list goes on and on. I understand that they are probably trying to make them playable like the rebel commandos, uugghhh.... but i do not think they need to. why make this piece at all? does the imperial faction need the help? Why not continue to make the other factions that are not very good, better? DoTF went a LONG way to start balancing the factions, but lets face it sith still suck, vong still suck, old republic still suck.
Azman
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 8:03:39 AM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Azman wrote:

what do you think ????

Official minis...no, see Customs under Floor Rules.

Official cards...yes, 1 per for anything pre DOTF.

I plan on being a stickler on these things, other judges, not so much. Also it depends on the venue, I'll be a lot more strict at a Regional or Gencon than I would anywhere else.

As im way out here in Perth western Australia, idont think bi gtourneys and judges will ever affect us.

Sad to say ill probably never get to a gencon or a big regionalThumbDown
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 8:21:54 AM

who is the Ga rep i want them all please
jedispyder
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 8:37:19 AM

Azman wrote:

Sad to say ill probably never get to a gencon or a big regionalThumbDown

Create your own Regional. Obviously your prize support will not be a ticket to GenCon unless you have a LOT of people attend and ask for more than $15, lol. Basically, Regionals were created to be an uber-tournament leading up to GenCon, it's to get people out of the woodwork to play against new players and such.
dreadtech
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 7:31:29 AM

Updated post 1 with a few more characters, however please note that for these characters set numbers and full names might change, I think factions are correct but hey you never know.
Azman
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 10:02:59 AM

RM for Rom Mohb ... medium commander or Large Dark Phase trooper ????
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 1:37:21 PM

Azman wrote:

Neither, he has to be large, but can't obviously be a Dark Trooper without customizing. His RM is Durge from CS :)
komix
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 5:05:45 PM

billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:

Neither, he has to be large, but can't obviously be a Dark Trooper without customizing. His RM is Durge from CS :)

Oh come on! We have Dark Trooper Phaze III why not him? For me, it would have been the first choice. Just repaint it the way you want, they are cheap and easy to find, and use other Phaze III DT :P

Plz change it to DT P3 .:)

Any spoilers about Mohc's SA, or CE?
Give us something:P
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:35:51 PM

komix wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:

Oh come on! We have Dark Trooper Phaze III why not him? For me, it would have been the first choice. Just repaint it the way you want, they are cheap and easy to find, and use other Phaze III DT :P

lol i was goint say the same thing.

I'd say straight away to customizors!
IRON MAN MEGA BATTLE PACK, the The Crimson Dynamo the mini of choice.
Green stuff head or head swap Darktrooper/Stormtrooper.
Azman
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:50:19 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
komix wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:

lol i was goint say the same thing.

I'd say straight away to customizors!
IRON MAN MEGA BATTLE PACK, the The Crimson Dynamo the mini of choice.
Green stuff head or head swap Darktrooper/Stormtrooper.

aaaahhhhh... I have a crimson dynamo !!!!!!!!!!!

great idea

billiv15
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2011 10:56:03 PM

komix wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:

Remember the rules for a RM. It has to be something that you aren't likely to play with the existing in faction minis. For Rohm, I bet you can guess he has a CE for Dark Troopers. So in order to create a RM for those that don't want to customize, it cannot be a DT of any kind, since those would be the most likely minis played with him. Now, for those that customize, by all means, go repaint a DT. That's what I did and it looks great. We just can't make that a requirement for the RM because some people don't want to even repaint a mini, and we can't force them to do so. But it is a very easy custom.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:18:18 AM

I'm curious to see who the makers of R&R are most excited about.