RegisterDonateLogin

10 out of 10 clone troopers agree, "Bloo Milk's the drink for me!"

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 12:16:20 AM
Groups: Member

adamb0nd wrote:
Indiscriminate is worded very strangely on the leviathans card. Its different than the version we saw on the one v-set vong. According to the leviathan's wording, the special ability would actually be useless... it says that "when attacking" the character ignores abilities and CE's that prevent targeting. With this wording, you must first target the enemy to be able to use the effect... and if a CE or SA prevented you from targeting it, you couldn't attack it to ignore these abilities in the first place.

Luckily there glossary definition is very clear on this, but the discrepancy is strange.

Well, cannot say i notest the difference myself. Odd that they did not just use the same wording as last time. maybe there is still time to change it for when the whole set is printed. assuming that the card show-en was just a test printed card.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 12:29:52 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Indiscriminate is worded very strangely on the leviathans card. Its different than the version we saw on the one v-set vong. According to the leviathan's wording, the special ability would actually be useless... it says that "when attacking" the character ignores abilities and CE's that prevent targeting. With this wording, you must first target the enemy to be able to use the effect... and if a CE or SA prevented you from targeting it, you couldn't attack it to ignore these abilities in the first place.

Luckily there glossary definition is very clear on this, but the discrepancy is strange.

Actually, "when attacking" includes when you are choosing targets. The precedent for this is with Melee Reach; it says "when attacking" also. If it didn't come into play until after targeting, you wouldn't be able to target someone 2 squares away with Melee Reach 2.

There's a reason for the change, but I honestly don't remember exactly what it is off the top of my head.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 12:36:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

adamb0nd wrote:

This is the new text after errata. The old wording could be used to bypass Melee Attack on the character's own card. Obviously, not the intention. And attacks do start with the targetting.
saber1
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 2:42:40 AM

Which character gets the bonus from Winter's Synergy? Also, is it +4 attack or defense? Lastly, is that the full and complete text of Leia's Decoy.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 3:02:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

saber1 wrote:
Which character gets the bonus from Winter's Synergy? Also, is it +4 attack or defense? Lastly, is that the full and complete text of Leia's Decoy.

+4 Attack, name contains Leia, within 6

Leia's Decoy:
(Whenever an ally within 6 squares whose name contains Leia is targeted, this character may swap positions with that character. This character becomes the target instead.)
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 7:28:20 AM

swinefeld wrote:
saber1 wrote:

+4 Attack, name contains Leia, within 6

Leia's Decoy:
(Whenever an ally within 6 squares whose name contains Leia is targeted, this character may swap positions with that character. This character becomes the target instead.)

Big boost for all the Leia's! Sweet!Woot
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 7:31:44 AM

All the Leias in a NR squad. Pretty much just going to be Skywalker me thinks.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 8:33:35 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
All the Leias in a NR squad. Pretty much just going to be Skywalker me thinks.

Tru dat. But she will be slightly more effective as a cleaner upper of what is left of your opponent's squad towards the late game with a +13 attack instead of just +9.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 10:34:58 AM

Would I be incorrect in guessing something similar on the cards for Padme's doubles?
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:41:03 AM

I wonder how Leia's Decoy will interact with Winter's Stealth.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:46:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

Don't worry, it's been thought of.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 12:55:42 PM

Sithborg wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

I wasn't worrying, I was wondering how Leia's Decoy will interact with Winter's Stealth.Wink
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:09:30 PM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

I wasn't worrying, I was wondering how Leia's Decoy will interact with Winter's Stealth.Wink

I explained it on the show :)
brennan
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 10:30:40 PM

So I am going to go ahead and venture that the badly misspelled word on Kreias card says telekinetic.... is this supposed to be Telepathic Insight, or a new ability?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:05:26 PM

brennan wrote:
So I am going to go ahead and venture that the badly misspelled word on Kreias card says telekinetic.... is this supposed to be Telepathic Insight, or a new ability?

New Ability. It enables her to attack from 6 squares away, but they still count as melee.
jedispyder
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 1:40:18 AM

Definitely not misspelled. It's based on the word Telekinesis, it's the power to move things with one's mind. It's also known as Psychokinesis. In X-Men, it's one of the powers that Jean Grey/Phoenix has.

And wannabemexican is wrong, the attacks do not count as Melee Attacks. That's why this was used and Melee Reach 6 was not used, we specifically did not want it to be Melee Attacks.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:12:22 PM

from SHNN tonight...

Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side 14/60
cost 65

HP 150
DEF 22
ATT 16
DMG 20

Unique, Melee, GMA Triple, Flurry
Vaapad-Style Mastery (criticals on 17+ for triple damage) Scared

FP 2, Renewal 2, MotF 2
Force Absorb
LS Reflect (10)
LS Riposte

BMF, for sure. Cool
jlbm347
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:19:16 PM

This may be an accurate representation of Mace but I would like somebody to explain the factors for, what appears to me, a ridiculously low cost for what he can do.

-edit-

I hope my tone is not taken as being hostile, I am just curious as to the thoughts and factors used for the pricing of this piece.
Azman
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:28:15 PM

swinefeld wrote:
from SHNN tonight...

Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side 14/60
cost 65

HP 150
DEF 22
ATT 16
DMG 20

Unique, Melee, GMA Triple, Flurry
Vaapad-Style Mastery (criticals on 17+ for triple damage) Scared

FP 2, Renewal 2, MotF 2
Force Absorb
LS Reflect (10)
LS Riposte

BMF, for sure. Cool

OMG ...

A mace I will want to use !!!!!!

Hurray
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:35:49 PM

jlbm347 wrote:
This may be an accurate representation of Mace but I would like somebody to explain the factors for, what appears to me, a ridiculously low cost for what he can do.

His only defense against power shooters costs him 2 FP every time he needs to use it. He will run out of Force much like GMLS does.

I don't think he should be compared with his CS or RotS versions, as they are way overcosted for what they can do. But yeah, he is pretty scary, as Mace should be. One shouldn't try to have a slug-fest with Mace. Smile

[edit: and Absorb only works against adjacent, so lightning/push from range will hurt him]