RegisterDonateLogin

It does a Bothan good.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:08:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yoto_Yoto wrote:
Surprisingly enough Mace raises his average damage if he re-rolls non-crit hits as well (the damage he can gain off a crit is larger than the damage he can lose off a miss). Vaapad mastery and Flurry are kinda counter intuitive.

True. Here it is where he is guaranteed to use 2 FPs on re-rolls (waiting until the third attack before using them on non-crits that hit).

Mean: 122.248
25th percentile: 60
Median: 120
75th percentile: 160
95th percentile: 280
Max dmg out of 5000 replications: 600dmg
Azman
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:20:30 AM
Groups: Member

lets forget the math... hes pretty cool and should be fun
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:41:49 AM

Azman wrote:
lets forget the math... hes pretty cool and should be fun

just undercosted is all

I should add that it doesn't really matter, this is my opinion, and that is all, once we get to use him who knows what will happen. I should just be thankful that there are people out there willing to take the time and put forth the effort to keep this great game growing and evolving.
GOOD JOB GUYS, keep it up, no more complaints from me, I mean heck we dealt with wizards lol, we should be fine.
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:34:15 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

just undercosted is all

I should add that it doesn't really matter, this is my opinion, and that is all, once we get to use him who knows what will happen. I should just be thankful that there are people out there willing to take the time and put forth the effort to keep this great game growing and evolving.
GOOD JOB GUYS, keep it up, no more complaints from me, I mean heck we dealt with wizards lol, we should be fine.

To be honest, when I first recieved Mace to test I immediately thought he was broken just from looking at the stats. But having played with and against him I can say I have zero concerns about him being broken. Is he a beast? Sure, and he should be. But he goes down fast. He's powerful, and fun to use. I am very pleased with how he turned out.

Well done design team!
BlooMilk
Cordova
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 8:02:23 PM

Mace is excellent, but I don't think he's anywhere near broken.

Played vs him yesterday, based him with Kol Skywalker and held him in a duel for about 3 rounds. Kol died, but not before he put out 120 on Mace. A few shots later and Mace was dust. Sure he's a bit scary, but easy enough to hammer into submission...
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:17:22 AM

Just looking at him for the first time, I think he's cool. My thoughts:

(i) My litmus test for a Republic melee piece is whether it's better than its equivalent points in Jedi Weapon Masters. A lot of pieces from more recent sets, like Anakin Champion of Nelvaan or the new Saesee Tinn, are good, but not as strong as two Jedi Weapon Masters. I think this Windu is probably a little bit more on a par with Jedi Weapon Masters - ie I think he's worth about the same as 2 and a half Jedi Weapon Masters. He's also pretty similar to Jaina SotJ - a bit more costly, and a bit more powerful, but with less defensive abilities.

(ii) He doesn't really quite fit in a build with what I think is accepted as the strongest Republic squad - Yobuck, Panaka, R2, Mas, plus either General Skywalker or Rex. You can squeeze him in, but you'll be struggling to fit in enough activations to be competitive.

(iii) His best build is maybe something with General Skywalker - maybe with Dash, and Commander Ahsoka as support? I'm on holiday, so I can't try it out. He doesn't really need GOWK, Atris, or Grandmaster Yoda to boost his attack and maybe the best way to boost his defence is to stick a diplomat in front of him as walking cover.

(iv) I think the amount of chance that comes with him - ie he's going to have to roll 17s to really tear up - means that he's probably not going to be tier 1. Similar to the new Vader - lots of fun, but a little bit risky to take into a big tournament.
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:07:55 AM

I've yet to put my finger on a good squad build with the new Windu. Momentum with General Skywalker is tempting, but pricey.
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 2:41:42 PM

I could see running Mace with Ferus Olin, keeping them close to each other, then just slaughtering Ferus after he has soaked up enough shooter damage, went ballistic on a major enemy within striking distance, and then switched sides. If he doesn't miss the save, all the better.

Yep. I think I like that idea. I should save this post in case that becomes popular. Yeah right, like it hasn't been thought of already, lol. Wink
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:38:01 PM

swinefeld wrote:
I could see running Mace with Ferus Olin, keeping them close to each other, then just slaughtering Ferus after he has soaked up enough shooter damage, went ballistic on a major enemy within striking distance, and then switched sides. If he doesn't miss the save, all the better.

Yep. I think I like that idea. I should save this post in case that becomes popular. Yeah right, like it hasn't been thought of already, lol. Wink

It doesn't matter if someone has already thought of it. They should have put it somewhere for others to read. As of now, congratulations, you have claim to this squad type. I shall call it the Swinefeld build.
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:56:47 PM

I actually toyed with throwing Ferus into a Mace squad, as good swap fodder once Mace does his thing. =)
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:49:30 PM

wannabe mexican wrote:
It doesn't matter if someone has already thought of it. They should have put it somewhere for others to read. As of now, congratulations, you have claim to this squad type. I shall call it the Swinefeld build.

Laugh I'm famous! BlooMilk

Demosthenes wrote:
I actually toyed with throwing Ferus into a Mace squad, as good swap fodder once Mace does his thing. =)

D'oh! There goes my 15 seconds. Tongue

I like this idea too. I wish Mace was already tourney legal.
saber1
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 2:53:30 AM

Any updates? Lots left to be revealed.
rundummy
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 3:45:05 PM

From first looks it seems that there is a bit of atrend to weighting these V-sets to OR/Sith with OR Mandos thrown in as well, especially in this set. I know its a broad statement however why the bias? I appreciate the work everyone is putting in would just like a bit more of an even spread. Or is it because OR suffered in the past for places and we're making up the numbers now?
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 4:05:32 PM

I think this will be the last set of what people could call 'bias'.
They are trying to get all the factions to a similar level of playability.
Once balance has been restored to the force, I'm sure we'll see a more even spread.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 8:12:26 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
I think this will be the last set of what people could call 'bias'.
They are trying to get all the factions to a similar level of playability.
Once balance has been restored to the force, I'm sure we'll see a more even spread.

Not only will we see less of a bias, but we will also start seeing the game expand in new ways I think. I think we will see brand new toys for even the Rebels and that.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:21:50 AM

rundummy wrote:
From first looks it seems that there is a bit of atrend to weighting these V-sets to OR/Sith with OR Mandos thrown in as well, especially in this set. I know its a broad statement however why the bias? I appreciate the work everyone is putting in would just like a bit more of an even spread. Or is it because OR suffered in the past for places and we're making up the numbers now?

In part yes, the smaller factions have gotton a lot last set and same for this set. however do not forget that Republic and Seps are getting extra as well this time round because of the Battle of theed mini set. both should get 5 or 6 characters each there plus what they get in RnR.
rundummy
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:58:43 AM

dreadtech wrote:
rundummy wrote:

In part yes, the smaller factions have gotton a lot last set and same for this set. however do not forget that Republic and Seps are getting extra as well this time round because of the Battle of theed mini set. both should get 5 or 6 characters each there plus what they get in RnR.

yeah cool. But what is in The Battle of Theed set? Would be nice to know as it may tip me into getting this current v-set which as of the moment I probably wouldn't get on its own.
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:09:55 AM

It's a 12 figure Mini set being release concurrently with R&R. Think Battle of Hoth, but no reprints. There is a thread in this section, maybe a page back? with more info.
Azman
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:16:22 PM

I think its time for some more spoliers.......
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:51:21 AM

Azman wrote:
I think its time for some more spoliers.......

Billiv15 is the guy in charge of spoilers. He is away off somewhere. No doubt when he returns he will spoil something.