RegisterDonateLogin

Lock the door, and hope they don't have straws.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Renegades and Rogues (contains spoilers for V-set 2. Full set list now up) Options
billiv15
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 10:02:49 AM
Groups: Member

dreadtech wrote:
Thanks for the info. Post 1 now updated.

Perhaps of info to some of you :)

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10890
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 2:25:51 PM

50. Zann Consortium Underboss

Can we get the RM or a description of this character? I've no idea how it's meant to look.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 3:27:54 PM

Lily_Wan wrote:
50. Zann Consortium Underboss

Can we get the RM or a description of this character? I've no idea how it's meant to look.

Look up Zann Consortium on Wookieepedia. RM is Chagrin Merc Commander. They are a crime syndicate, with not particular racial identification. So basically for this guy, I was looking for an RM that looked "bossy". And the CMC has the added benefit of having been made into a repaint promo, so for those not into customs, there's a possible easy alternate mini already out there.

You might also try looking up Tyber Zann - he was the Boss of the organization to read more about what they did. This would be levels below him, think maybe Black Sun Vigo. The race isn't important, he's just a sub boss.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 3:38:29 PM

Thank you, Bill.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:29:07 AM

billiv15 wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
Thanks for the info. Post 1 now updated.

Perhaps of info to some of you :)

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10890

Cool.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2011 3:33:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

From SHNN last night:

Jakan, Most High Priest http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakan
Cost 27
HP 60
Def 16
Att +5
Dmg 10

SA: Unique, Melee Attack, Force Immunity, Scarification, Tactician +4

CE: Once per round, when an allied Yuuzhan Vong character is defeated, one ally can immediately move up to it's speed. This does not count as activating the character. (not sure about exact wording)
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:24:01 AM

Correct but it's a only a vong ally that gets to move.
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:27:06 AM

Weeks wrote:
Correct but it's a only a vong ally that gets to move.

It's not supposed to be. Its supposed to be a Vong ally that dies, but any ally in the squad can take the free move.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:52:14 AM

oops, guess i read it wrong. Move Along, Move Along
dreadtech
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 1:23:47 AM

A big thanks to Bill, we now have two more imperial characters added.
rundummy
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 3:59:08 PM

It seems to me that there is "a lot" (a generalisation I know and I'm cool to be called on it) of Old Republic and Old Sith in this and the first V-set. Is this because most people like those factions? I don't play them at all, actually I avoided collecting them mainly because there were only so many minis I could actually afford to collect but also because I don't have a great understanding of, or attraction to, them.

Just wondering.
Azman
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 7:30:51 PM

its probably because they were "weaker" factions, and needed some boosting to make them a bit more competitive

or am i wrong ?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 8:44:49 PM

Azman wrote:
its probably because they were "weaker" factions, and needed some boosting to make them a bit more competitive

or am i wrong ?

This is correct. OR, Sith, and Yuuzhan Vong were the least playable factions because they were neglected by WotC. Mandolorians were also fairly weak, but some people braved it playing them. This is why those factions got so much love in Destiny of the Force. They were granted abilities that have put them on the path to becoming competitive factions. There is more to come in RnR. I would love some in-faction shooters so that they don't have to rely on Dash all the time. But yeah, this set, and maybe the next one will most probably have a fair few excellent OR and Sith pieces to bring them up to par.

Then who knows where we go from there. I can see this game evolving to the point where we will not only be pitting the factions against each other, but can also build competitive sub-faction squads like Rebel Commandos or Black Sun or Rogue Squadron and such.
Echo24
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 10:39:46 PM

rundummy wrote:
It seems to me that there is "a lot" (a generalisation I know and I'm cool to be called on it) of Old Republic and Old Sith in this and the first V-set. Is this because most people like those factions? I don't play them at all, actually I avoided collecting them mainly because there were only so many minis I could actually afford to collect but also because I don't have a great understanding of, or attraction to, them.

Just wondering.

The "weaker" 4 factions (OR, Sith, Vong, Mandos) were certainly a big focus of DotF, but R&R is much more evenly distributed. There are definitely still some strong pieces for those factions (strong enough that I believe after R&R is released any faction in the game could be played and have even chances at doing very well at a large tournament, while before R&R I believe that if you play one of those 4 you really are a a handicap), but there is plenty of representation for the other factions. If you don't like playing Sith or OR, there are plenty of Rebel, Republic, etc. pieces that you will love.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:45:06 AM

DotF was intentionally minor faction heavy - necessary to catch them up to respectable levels. From R&R on out, we are looking to do a relative balance of pieces for all 10 factions (all 10 were present in DotF too - something WotC managed I believe just once). There isn't a particular number we are looking for, it also has to do with what are the highly desired figures from the community.

Here's how the selection process for R&R went roughly speaking. The three designers made individual lists of about 30 minis each, including anywhere from 10-20 directly from the community lists (the reason for the 10-20, is that depending on how you counted them, a high community want, could also have been a high individual designer want). That gave us roughly 80-90 minis to pare down to 60. We then picked our rough number of uniques and started paring it down. We actually ended up with like 12 Sith towards the end that were all high on the community list, and had to cut a few to keep the balance. But balancing a set is only part of it, you also have to balance for the full game, and with that in mind, specific pieces could be kept or cut based on a rough idea of what they would do for the game as a whole as well. Finally, we also have a small theme to this set, with about 20 or so minis fitting the theme. It's a theme that works with all 10 factions, so that helped, but nonetheless was a consideration in how the pieces for R&R were chosen.
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:03:18 AM

in addition to what bill said,

selection of the pieces also went hand-in-hand with the thought process of "what does this faction need, or lacks in comparison to others, and what character would be a good fit to fill that roll?"

For instance, High Priest Jakan has been spoiled, so I'll talk about him a bit.

When considering the YV, one of their lacks was an in-faction movement breaker (like high speed piece or swap/levitate/troop cart/tow.. etc), so a part of the selection process of the Vong was what piece would a movement breaker fit on, would it be a support piece or frontline fighter, what uniques are well-know enough from the books and what function did they serve.

A support-style piece like Jakan we chosen as a good piece to have a movement breaker on, but he went though various different inceptions before getting to that point.

Even though the list was pared down to 60 pieces, we can easily list about 200 or more that were considered.
Finally, how many pieces each faction will get in the set has to be worked out. As bill said, we had pared the list down to about 60 and then we saw that we had a dozen sith pieces.. and that wouldn't do! (sorry sith lovers out there). eventually it was even out that all factions have about the same number of pieces (5-7, expect for Sep and Fringe).

Overall I hope you'll all find R&R to be a well balanced set for what it adds to all factions.
jedispyder
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:07:39 PM

Seeing as how I knew nothing of the Leviathan, I hunted down some info on it and found it appeared in the Jedi Academy: Leviathan comic book mini-series. I downloaded the series on DC++ and wanted to share a couple of different pictures with everyone so they can accurately work on a custom. The clear nodes on it's back contain the souls of those it kills, keeping them from moving on:

brennan
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:20:28 PM

Thanks, Ruhk. Im a little disapointed that we didnt get loads of OR and Sith but Im comforted with the fact that (at least from what I can tell from your comments) there will be a solid stream of OR and Sith to come!!!

Thanks for making the game the way the fans will apreciate it. Me and my friends and community are big fans.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:43:04 AM

Who is the jedi fighting it? It kinda looks like the OR Sith hunter.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:17:57 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Who is the jedi fighting it? It kinda looks like the OR Sith hunter.

Indeed it does. Hmm...