RegisterDonateLogin

Is fluent in over 6 million forms of communication.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:39:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I know the community had mixed feelings on the new Dooku, but I for one would like to see more pieces with his flavor. I like pieces that have a purpose other than to move and make a million attacks.

Maybe an upgraded Bacta Tank. Perhaps one that can heal? Or some sort of functionality like Leia Hoth Commander or Poggle that moves defeated units to the tank.

Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:02:23 AM
Groups: Member

@jedispyder
I mean no offence if this strategy works out for you and the other V-set designers, but personally I think it could be made more effective, I understand this is to find our what people want for the sets but when some people post 30,40, or even 50+ names, it kind of looses its strength, I know it would be cool to have but do you REALLY want every single one of those characters the most? I'm guessing no. I would suggest having people post a maximum of 3 characters so you can actually see what are the top wants as opposed to a list that could be drawn by looking on wookieepedia for an hour, no offense to the people who suggest so many figs either, but when it says 'want' i have a feeling it could be narrowed down more. This way you can actually see "well there were 12 people who asked for a new qui-gon and with only 3 votes a piece he must be pretty important to the community. This is just my suggestion and feel free to do with it what you want. But here are the 3 figures that would certainly I would you and make the game more fun for me to have!

1.Darth Maleval
2.Darth Wyyrlok III
3. Kas'im
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 1:10:01 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
This way you can actually see "well there were 12 people who asked for a new qui-gon and with only 3 votes a piece he must be pretty important to the community.

In previous iterations of this thread, they tallied all the suggested characters. I assume they'll do something similar with this one. If someone votes for everyone, that's really like voting for nobody since no preference is really indicated.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 2:12:29 AM

Some Special Abilities I'd like to see:

Enemies within 6 squares with Evade lose Evade.

Concussion Rifle: An enemy hit by this character's attack is moved back 1 square.
or something that can affect your opponent's character placement.

Trip: One adjacent enemy is considered activated, save 11.
Maybe on an Ewok character. Probably would not replace attacks.

Segastorm
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:18:13 AM

Night Vision(This character may target enemies with stealth)

Something I thought might be cool.

wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:27:37 AM

Lily_Wan wrote:
Some Special Abilities I'd like to see:

Enemies within 6 squares with Evade lose Evade.

Concussion Rifle: An enemy hit by this character's attack is moved back 1 square.

Traps: One adjacent enemy is considered activated, save 11.
Maybe on an Ewok character. Probably would not replace attacks.

Traps is already on Wicket and is something different.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:54:53 AM

Oops, I meant Trip. Edited.
Segastorm
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 4:27:49 AM

Idea

Force Pivot(Force 1:, usable only on this character's turn, this character may move both before and after attacking this turn.)
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:00:54 AM

I'd nearly forgotten... We really need a new Jabba the Hutt. I think we need one that counts as jabba for the purpose of all those pieces with Rapport. I'd like to see one with emplacement... that guy was so large he couln't really move by ROTJ. He should have something like "Rancor Pit: If an enemy moves into a square adjacent to this character, that enemy is defeated; save of 11. Flying Characters can avoid this with a save of 6."

Or... maybe: Rancor Pit: If an enemy moves into a square that is adjacent to this character, you may remove that character from play and return it to play adjacent to any ally whose name contains "Rancor"; Save 16.

That second rendition could be really fun. We don't have anything in the way of swap for enemies yet.
Darth_Sal
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:57:33 AM

Jabba would be nice.

An ability for Zam Wessel:
Shapeshifter: If this character did not attack on its last activation, it is not a legal target for non-adjacent characters.

...or something similar. I think that could be balanced.

An ability I made for commandos, SWAT, spec-ops types:

Coordination: At the end of this character's movement one ally with Coordination within 2 squares can move 2 squares.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:21:18 PM

Darth_Sal wrote:
Jabba would be nice.

Shapeshifter: If this character did not attack on its last activation, it is not a legal target for non-adjacent characters.

Coordination: At the end of this character's movement one ally with Coordination within 2 squares can move 2 squares.

Oh man... Coordination abilities would be awesome... a new Boss that works with the commandos. Something like "Coordinate: If an ally within 6 squares with coordinate uses satchel charge, another ally with 6 squares with coordinate may make an immediate attack."
Darth_Sal
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:59:41 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Darth_Sal wrote:
Jabba would be nice.

Oh man... Coordination abilities would be awesome... a new Boss that works with the commandos. Something like "Coordinate: If an ally within 6 squares with coordinate uses satchel charge, another ally with 6 squares with coordinate may make an immediate attack."

That's kind of my idea with the ability. You would be able to set up your commandos in such a way that #1 moves up and destroys a door. #2 then moves 2 squares maybe through the door, and makes and attack or throws a grenade, etc. #3 moves two squares, and so on. The same thing could be used ins tactical retreat or similar situation.
jlbm347
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:21:13 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
I know the community had mixed feelings on the new Dooku, but I for one would like to see more pieces with his flavor. I like pieces that have a purpose other than to move and make a million attacks.

Maybe an upgraded Bacta Tank. Perhaps one that can heal? Or some sort of functionality like Leia Hoth Commander or Poggle that moves defeated units to the tank.

+1 Woot
Darthbane53
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:55:52 AM

Darth_Sal wrote:
Jabba would be nice.

Heres my take on it from my Clawdite bounty hunter
Shape Shifter (This character can count as any other type of character for the purpose of commander effects and abilities but only if the player chooses Ugnaught,wookiee ect.)
Hydrowhip
Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:11:17 AM

Here's a short list of remakes for some of the forgotten minis.

Techno Union Warrior
Cost: 16
HP: 40
Def:16
Atk:+7
Dam: 20

Special Abilities:
Flux Density +10 (+10 Damage if one or more Droid characters combine fire with this character)
Skakoan Pressure Suit (Character gains the abilities Beath Mask and Self-Destruct 20)
Synchronized Fire (Droid characters who combine fire with this character grant +6 Attack instead of +4)
Synergy (+4 Attack and +4 Defense while an allied droid character is within 6 squares)

EG-6 Power Droid
Cost: 14
HP: 30
Def: 15
Atk: 0
Dam: 0

Special Abilities:
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Command Lockout (At the end of its turn, this character can designate 1 adjacent door as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until it is defeated. This door can no longer be affected by Override or Door Gimmick, but may be affected by Satchel Charge and Shatter Beam.)
Power Coupling (At the end of its turn, this character can choose 1 adjacent ally who does not have Melee Attack or Mounted Weapon. That ally gains Extra Attack and Jolt until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is no longer adjacent or defeated.)
Speed 4 (Can move only 4 squares and attack, or 8 squares without attacking)

R5 Astromech Droid
Cost: 8
HP: 30
Def: 16
Atk: 0
Dam: 0

Special Abilities:
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Industrial Repair 10 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 10 damage from 1 character with Mounted Weapon)
Repair 20 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from 1 Droid character)

Devaronian Soldier
Cost: 10
HP: 20
Def: 15
Atk: 6
Dam: 20

Special Abilities:
Allied Trooper (Counts as a character named 'Trooper' and can benefit from special abilities and effects that help Troopers regardless of faction specificity.)
Blast Cannon (+10 Damage against targets within 6 squares)

I particularly like this last one, not only is it a cool sculpt but it's easy for new players to get their hands on and can help supplement any faction. It may cost twice as much normal troopers, but it can do 30 if close and gets access to their CE's as well.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2011 2:54:41 PM

I was looking for something that makes a character's low cost a disadvantage. I was looking for something that boosts the early Clone Strike/RotS jedi who were horrible with only single attack. This does both:

Commander Effect or Special Ability:

Unique allies with a Force rating and printed attack rating greater than 10 who do not have Double Attack, Triple Attack, or Twin Attack gain Combat Superiority and Combat Expertise

Combat Expertise: Whenever a lower-cost enemy misses an attack against this character, the enemy takes the full damage from the attack instead. You may move adjacent enemies one square before they take the damage.

Combat Superiority: +4 Defense when attacked by lower-cost enemies. +4 Attack, +30 damage against lower-cost enemies. Damage from attacks against lower-cost enemies may not be prevented or redirected.

The only characters this would apply to based on the above qualifications:
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Agen Kolar
Agen Kolar, Jedi Master
Shaak Ti
Aayla Secura
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:26:25 AM

I did just realize something the last time I was on VASSAL. When playing Vong squads, most, if not all of their strength comes from Vong Bombs, and the CE/Special Abilities that make it possible are built so you can "disarm the bombs" with something as low as an 8 point character(aqualish technician) after they lose self destruct, they are pretty much easily beaten by any type of squad, even some of the lower tier ones, so maybe we can give the Vong some sort extra way to take down their opponents, maybe something like this...

Yuuzhan Vong Conquerer

Hp:60

Def:16

Atk: 8

Dmg: 20

Special Abilities

Melee attack
Voduum Crap Armor 6
Organic Purity(This character may not have any character that counts as a droid in this character's squad)
Conquer(Whenever this character defeats an enemy commander, this character gets that commander's commander effect and each follower adjacent to that commander joins this character's squad. If the follower would be non-living, that character is defeated instead.)
Twin Attack

I don't know about the cost, but the gimmicky things it can do with CEs are valuable, but are tricky do use right, seeing as you do not have lobot to use, or any means to use override for that matter. It also gives them an alternative to Vong Bombs.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:14:31 AM

Lily_Wan wrote:

I second this one! Being able to blast back a character and have a door close would be an awesome ability. (of course to be used sparingly, say on a unique BH like Bossk or HK47.)
dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:15:43 AM

Segastorm wrote:
Night Vision(This character may target enemies with stealth)

Something I thought might be cool.

Already exists, called Accurate Shot. How about changing it to This character may target enemies with cloaked?
Poopdog91
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 7:19:12 AM

Oh just had a thought, i think a High Inquisitor Tremayne would be awesome to see! Maybe with a couple cool force powers and a souped up version of turn to the dark side!