RegisterDonateLogin

Makes good bait for Gungan traps.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
CC-23478
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:18:56 PM
Groups: Member

I'd like a little less of the overpowered abilities and gimmicks, some of the abilities from DOTF were really overdone and overpowered, likee sith inquisitores turn to dark side, and some were too gimmicky and complicated, like reprogram droid

I think that if you have to make the ability 3 or more lines its too complicated

Also, less overdone characters.....I don't think there should ever be a mini with more than one saber style as while they more know most of them you can only use one at a time

And better costing please
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:40:55 PM

CC-23478 wrote:
I'd like a little less of the overpowered abilities and gimmicks, some of the abilities from DOTF were really overdone and overpowered, likee sith inquisitores turn to dark side, and some were too gimmicky and complicated, like reprogram droid

I think that if you have to make the ability 3 or more lines its too complicated

Also, less overdone characters.....I don't think there should ever be a mini with more than one saber style as while they more know most of them you can only use one at a time

i personally think that the stuff from DOTF was costed pretty well. and To be honest, i dont have a problem with characters with multiple styles because if you think about it for the most part they aren't using them at the same time. SOresu cant be used at the same time as djem-so , nor can vapaad. I guess you can use vaapad at the same time as djem so but that is possible . And even WOTC made peices that were gimmicky and potentially overpowered. Most of the Pieces that people say are overpowered, were the ones for the lesser factions so that they could be brought up to par with the other factions. I think personally, that it is a good thing for the game.
gwek
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:37:28 AM

I'm with you, CD. Although it will change as things level off, right now, "underpriced" means something very different for an Old Rep or Vong piece as opposed to a Rep or Imp piece. In a Republic squad, a character like Bastila would be abusive at her cost, but for the Old Rep, she's just what they need to help even things up! No one complains about Mas Amedda anymore, but that guy is about the most underpriced thing going and the world didn't come to an end.
Darthbane53
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 1:46:47 AM

gwek wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:
I would really like to see Capt. Fordo and some respective ARC troopers from the munalist 10, that would be really cool to have a compleatly ARC based squad.

Maybe something like this? This is the Fordo from the Next Lost Twenty set:

ARC Trooper Captain Fordo
Faction: Republic
Cost: 27
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 16
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Unique, Order 66
Accurate Shot (Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Commander Effect:
Allied characters whose name contains ARC Trooper gain Accurate Shot and Twin Attack.

If ever an ARC trooper had a soft spot, it was Fordo's for overwhelming firepower.

Heres my version of him, I based him to be used with all th eother arcs of the munalist 10 I made.
Captain Fordo 36
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 16
Attack: 11
Damage: 20
Special Abilities
Unique
Order 66
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Shock Chord (Replaces Attacks; Range; Target enemy takes 20 damage and is considered activated this round; save 11)
Rapport (Characters named ARC Trooper cost 1 less when in the same squad as this character)

Commander Effect Allied ARC troopers with in 6 squares of this character gain evade

Fordo was among the troops sent, and he was to lead a team of two ARC lieutenants and seven infantry clone troopers, making up the group that would come to be known as The Muunilinst 10
shadowlost
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:43:57 AM

CC-23478 wrote:

This is why we don't use any of the V-set stuff. Some stuff seems way to overcosted while under is undercosted. it really lacked any sense of balance.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:25:54 AM

Quote:
This is why we don't use any of the V-set stuff. Some stuff seems way to overcosted while under is undercosted. it really lacked any sense of balance.

Most of our group have been using v-set pieces regularly - last night, six of us played, and Admiral Pallaeon, Darth Revan Sith Lord, Darth Bandon, Shimmra, Ben Skywalker, the Yammosk, and Joorus all got a run. It was great. None of the Destiny of the Force pieces seemed particularly overpowered to me - my Yammosk stole the Ithorian Commander's CE, but it still wasn't enough for my Vong to win against NR Vong, although a lot of that was due to my incompetence at running Vong, and the skill of the other player. Some people were running ultra-competitive squads, some people were trying out different combinations, some people had Destiny of the Force pieces in their squads, some didn't, but noone was getting shut out of having a good game because of any of these factors.

If you look at the regional results, two of the most successful Destiny of the Force pieces have been Poggle the Lesser and Admiral Pallaeon - and Salacious Crumb is very useful as a reinforcement. None of them seemed especially overpowered on paper - everyone was worried about stuff like Sora Bulq and Jaina SotJ. And it's great how the lesser factions got some powerful options, but based on regional results, it still looks like they still need more of a boost. Bastilla, Revan Sith Lord, Darth Bandon, Jaster Mareel, Mandalorian CIO, and the Yammosk are all powerful pieces, but they're needed to counter powerful pieces already in the game like Rieekan, Doombot, Mara Jade, Thrawn, Yobuck, and the Lancer. And each of the important new pieces give their faction some good flavour as well - Bastila shuts down CEs, the Yammosk steals them, the Sith get ramped up in power and defensive abilities the way they should have always been, and the Mandalorians don't really change but they get the tools to deal with bad matchups like the Lancer and Dodonna.

It's dumb not playing the power pieces - if you follow that road too far, we may as well play 50 point squads with 7 Klaintoonian Enforcers shooting at each other. The good pieces offer options like movement breaking that makes the game more fluid and less routine. And the best squads in the game are those that are balanced and can deal with a variety of threats - the v-set just gives the lesser faction the ability to put together competitive squads.

The v-sets are made by people who understand the game, have put a lot of work into the designs, who work as a team, and who test vigilantly. As someone who isn't involved in the design process at all, I get defensive about people sniping at the v-set, which I think is a brilliant piece of work. In my opinion, people running it down are either jealous that they're not involved or don't understand the competitive meta well enough to appreciate how the v-set is augmenting it really well.

I agree that there are a few flavour pieces that you aren't going to see played seriously, and are arguably overcosted, like Niles Ferrier and Cighal, but in my opinion there is a much higher proportion of playable pieces in Destiny of the Force than in any other set.
CC-23478
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 1:06:54 PM

I didn't mean to cause a debate Unsure

I agree with you countrydude that synergy must be taken into account but some pieces like the weequay jedi were too confusing while others were too.....priced wrong

Bastila was done right but an example of a poorly costed piece is the elite scout trooper.....for the same price as a mando'a commando you get the same stats and both have stealth, but on the card the scout also gets evade and off of the card he has access to super stealth, high trooper defense CE, swapping, extra attack, mas, etc all of which mandalorians lack

That was a poorly costed piece

I want to see less like that and more like Bastila
Batmite
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 1:36:03 PM

My vote is for the Old Republic characters created for the MMO cinematics:

- Darth Malgus

- Jedi Master Ven Zallow

- Eleena
"/>

- Satele Shan
[img][img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5988907379_aab0666b9b.jpg"/>
5337224cf43-jedi.jpg"/>

- All the other characters whose names I am too busy to look up...

soldier

smuggler

jedi master
Mandelmauler
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:19:37 AM

Watto (or someone similar)
Fringe
Unique
15 points

Droid Reinforcements 10: 10 points of non-unique droid reinforcements

This permits bringing in battle droid officer into other factions (besides Seps) to increase their attack and usage.
Really only helps (Dam>=10):
OR: Juggernaut War Droid
Sith: Krath War Droid, Sith Assault Droid, Sith Heavy Assault Droid
Rebel: 2-1B
Empire: Death Star Protocol Droid, Probe Droid, Dark Trooper Phase , Dark Trooper Phase II, Dark Trooper Phase III
shadowlost
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:17:07 PM

CC-23478 wrote:

I agree with you countrydude that synergy must be taken into account but some pieces like the weequay jedi were too confusing while others were too.....priced wrong

Bastila was done right but an example of a poorly costed piece is the elite scout trooper.....for the same price as a mando'a commando you get the same stats and both have stealth, but on the card the scout also gets evade and off of the card he has access to super stealth, high trooper defense CE, swapping, extra attack, mas, etc all of which mandalorians lack

Debates are good.
Flamewars are bad. So you're ok. ThumbsUp
I too would like to see Darth Malgus.
komix
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:16:16 PM

blasted my brother is killing me so I had to post his idea:

Alto Stratus

Cost: 30
HP: 60
Def:17
Att: 9
Dam: 20

SA's:
unique, melee attack,
blaster 10,
Twin attack
Rapport (Separatist Commandos cost -1)

CE:
Separatist Commandos who have cover cannot be targeted by non adjacent enemies.
Droids are subject to this effect: A-series droids gain Ambush

Anyway, if we will have assassin droid in R&R, Alto should show up eventually, right?

Best regards,
Komix
countrydude82487
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 7:40:52 AM

CC-23478 wrote:

debate is a good thing. IT allows others to show their point of view and allows some to be persuaded to change theirs.
Sora Bulq (the Weequay jedi) was a practitioner of multiple styles of lightsaber combat , In fact according to his wookipedia page he was a master of lightsaber combat. He does not have any of the mastery's however. He Didn't ever master Vaapad, it mastered him, as he did go to the dark side because of it. I would have liked to have seen force cloaked and a few more starting force than3 but thats is just nitpicking. he did know how to use all the styles they just picked the ones he more commonly used.

Now as to the Elite Scout trooper vs the Mandalorian commando. They may have access to extra attack, but mandalorians have access to Twin very easily so it is very similar. Giving it evade wasn't so big of a deal as it could already get it with the BIth BSV. Now i might agree that it is a little undercosted. But i also think that the mandalorian one is a little over costed.
countrydude82487
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 7:43:33 AM

now i will say this. Although you have to take alot of things into account when costing a custom or for the v-set pieces you cant always price for every commander. Other wise you would get pieces that can do maybe 20-30 damage costing 5-10 points more if they are in imperial, as opposed to old republic. Usually you take into account the most powerful combos.
coffeebean
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 10:31:08 AM

more commander effects that effect uniques:)

and maybe defense bonuses that affect just commanders, so they can be exposed a little more, rather than hiding them and using booming voice.

CC-23478
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 2:37:01 PM

coffeebean wrote:
more commander effects that effect uniques:)

and maybe defense bonuses that affect just commanders, so they can be exposed a little more, rather than hiding them and using booming voice.

Lolz, or an ability that negates booming voice

IPOD DISTRIBUTOR: replaces turn, give all enemy characters ipods, they are now slaves to the Apple machine. All enemies are too busy jamming it to the black eyed peas to listen to their commanders. Reduce range of all enemy commander effects to 1.
coffeebean
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 9:55:06 PM

Party Rock Anthem(all enemy characters gain Shuffling(Characters are considered activated, save 20) untill the end of the skirmish)
coffeebean
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 10:10:00 PM

Mon Mothma, Embassator 8

hitpoints 40
defense 13
attack +0
damage 0

special abilities
unique
Diplomat
Affinity (New Republic, Republic)

commander effect
Allied Commanders with commander effects limited to a range of 6 get +6 defense

Garm Bel Iblis, Rebel Leader 17

hitpoints 70
defense 16
attack +9
damage 10

special abilities
unique
never tell me the odds
affinity (new republic)

commander effect
Allies can move up to their speed immediatly before they activate
BENE
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:41:45 PM

I'd like to see an ability introduced that could be retroactively added to previous characters. My thought is that characters with a finite force point total could add an extra force point if they spend either a turn or an attack with an ability called "meditation". It would be similar to the spending a force point to reroll or move 2 squares, but instead would be a way to replenish force points. Characters with a force rating can replace attacks with "meditation", generating 1 force point for use after this turn.
It's not automatic like Force Renewal, but if it could be part of the new glossary, a lot of older pieces could be made more playable.
gwek
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:58:33 PM

I have taken to calling the original run of 60-piece sets as the "vintage" sets (well, to myself at least...):

"Vintage characters gain..."
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:47:40 PM

komix wrote:
blasted my brother is killing me so I had to post his idea:

Alto Stratus

Cost: 30
HP: 60
Def:17
Att: 9
Dam: 20

SA's:
unique, melee attack,
blaster 10,
Twin attack
Rapport (Separatist Commandos cost -1)

CE:
Separatist Commandos who have cover cannot be targeted by non adjacent enemies.
Droids are subject to this effect: A-series droids gain Ambush

Anyway, if we will have assassin droid in R&R, Alto should show up eventually, right?

Best regards,
Komix

+1 I really want to see him and Sev'Rance Tann added to the roster of Sep commanders.
Some more unique ideas I have though...

I love the Legacy era only second to the Clone Wars and we already have some of the major characters from this era but there is so much diverse factions and characters yet to be tapped (Rak, Queen Jewel, Bantha, Morrigan Corde, More Imperial Knights, crazy Vong scientist, and not to mention the plethora of Sith uniques waiting for their chance to shine, but one I think would be very interesting is:

IMPERIAL
Imperial Missionary (RM Imperial Dignitary)
11, HP 30, Def 12, Atk 0, Dmg 0
SA
Diplomat
Pacifist (this character cannot attack or combine fire with another character)
Medical Supplies (same as the rodian trader)
Heal 20

"We help those who cannot help themselves, we feed the hungry, care for the sick..."

FRINGE
Slicer (RM Human scout)
10, hp 20, def 13, atk 4, dmg 10
SA
Cloaked
Slice (Replaces turn; all doors are open for the remainder of the round, save 16)
Jam Communications (enemies with relay orders within 6 squares lose relay orders)

Human Noble (RM Human bodyguard)
20, HP 50, Def 14, atk 2, dmg 20
SA
Advanced Shields 1
Bribe (replaces attacks, adjacent living non-unique fringe enemy joins your squad, save 11)
Rapport (non-unique living fringe allies cost 1 less while in the same squad as this character)
Fringe Reserves 20

CE
Adjacent non-unique fringe allies gain bodyguard

Alternatively you could easily turn this last piece into Tyber Zann

Tyber Zann
40, HP 90, Def 19, Atk 9, Dmg 20
SA
Unique
Zann Consortium
Cloaked
Blast Cannon
Splash
Bribe (replaces attacks, adjacent living non-unique fringe enemy joins your squad, save 11)
Rapport (non-unique living fringe allies cost 1 less while in the same squad as this character)
Fringe Reserves 20
Fringe Reinforcements 20

CE
Adjacent non-unique fringe allies gain bodyguard and bounty hunter +2

"Everyone has a price..."