RegisterDonateLogin

Is your father.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:21:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

A movement breaker for spotters. Something like this:

Coordinated Movement: Replaces turn, move up to three lower cost followers within 6 squares up to their speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

This would go on a character of cost 10 or so, so that it couldn't be used to move around big attackers.

Or something more targeted.

Commander Effect on a "Scout Group Leader" or something:
At the end of this character's turn, move up to two characters with Spotter up to their speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:28:13 AM

Probably has been said already:

CE - Non-unique followers whose names contain Assassin gain Assassin. (make it ranged if need be)

Might boost a couple figs a bit too much for their cost, but would help some unplayable minis (looking at you Gotal), and seems appropriate in general.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:42:13 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Probably has been said already:

CE - Non-unique followers whose names contain Assassin gain Assassin. (make it ranged if need be)

Might boost a couple figs a bit too much for their cost, but would help some unplayable minis (looking at you Gotal), and seems appropriate in general.

Nice. The ones who would abuse it most are droids, who wouldn't gain from it. Ventress would get a nice boost, but she's not in the meta right now anyway (despite the high bloomilk ratings). The Geno could deal a 70 damage attack with Bandon or Bastila's help. (Or more with help from the seldom-used fringe commanders.)

Elite Sith Assassin with a 60dmg attack (20+rage+assassin+cunning+bandon) might get him some play.
gwek
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:19:38 AM
Groups: Member

I've got a bunch of one-name guys I'd love to see:

Gryph
Embo
Valance
Montross
Gallandro
brennan
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:48:47 AM

Alright, how about a new Zayne, Gryph, Jarael, That pink lady i cant remmember her name...perhaps something more powerful with good force.

A Sith/OR Armourer, that says: Trooper allies with 10hp when hit with an attack may make a save 11 for no damage

Also I know it might be a little early, but perhaps the four main classes from the SWTOR games would be GREAT aditions for the OR and Sith. Elite Bounty Hunter, Sith Agent, Elite Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, Elite Consular, Elite Knight, Elite Smuggler, Elite Trooper. All cost 30 or 35 pts, and possibly even have unique.

more later. for now I gotta finish a chemistry lab report Razz
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:56:26 AM

Like a lot of people have been asking for I'd like an NR Mon Mothma, an NR Chewie, and a new an NR Leia could be interesting. ...And while I really like the NR C3P-O and R2 duo a single of each for the NR would be nice as well. I love all of the new generics they are adding to the NR though, so that is great as well. They needed some good ones

And I would go crazy for an NR K'Kruhk!
Other Updates
Biggs Darklighter
Rebel Wedge
A New Rebel Obi-Wan

Some characters that haven't been made yet:
Lowbacca
Jerec
(any Remnant Empire stuff could be interesting)
Xanatos
Ganner Krieg
Darth Wyyrlok
Bantha Rawk aka Nat Skywalker
I think a Dark Side Luke would be interesting
Jan Ors
AT-TE (Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and I had been thinking of that earlier in the week, how cool it would be to have something like that)

Galactic Funk
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:01:19 AM

I'm sure this has been covered before but I've wondered about what would help the Mando's compete in the meta. Would some kind of Mas/Yammosk type SA work for the Mando's or would that create issues? Heck, I'm not even sure that's really what they need.
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:23:55 AM

brennan wrote:
That pink lady i cant remmember her name...

Chantique. A fine exotic dancer name.
njarnagin
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:49:46 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Call for Help 15: Replaces movement, roll a die. On a roll of 20, you can add up to 15 points of characters to your squad at the end of this character's turn.

I really like this idea! But I would make it replace turn, and I would also increase the points to 20 or more. That way you increase the risk/reward factor.

I can imagine a clone trooper taking a moment to disengage from combat and attempt to radio for help. Or perhaps, a flimsy commander could have it. I mean, do you really think old man Dodonna would be in involved in combat??? I doubt it. He would probably run for cover then try to call for support.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:54:46 PM

njarnagin wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Call for Help 15: Replaces movement, roll a die. On a roll of 20, you can add up to 15 points of characters to your squad at the end of this character's turn.

I really like this idea! But I would make it replace turn, and I would also increase the points to 20 or more. That way you increase the risk/reward factor.

I can imagine a clone trooper taking a moment to disengage from combat and attempt to radio for help. Or perhaps, a flimsy commander could have it. I mean, do you really think old man Dodonna would be in involved in combat??? I doubt it. He would probably run for cover then try to call for support.

Yeah, but that defeats the whole purpose of what I was requesting... something that replaces movement. Flapper
CC-23478
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:13:08 PM

Galactic Funk wrote:
I'm sure this has been covered before but I've wondered about what would help the Mando's compete in the meta. Would some kind of Mas/Yammosk type SA work for the Mando's or would that create issues? Heck, I'm not even sure that's really what they need.

If any mandalorian piece would have a meta ability it'd have to be a Cassus Fett as he was the only true tactician amoung mandalorians....maybe give him a mando spin on booming voice, call it helmet comm and make it double the range of ces but also make them immune to disruptive as every mando has his officer yelling in his ear haha

He'd have to have master tactician for sure, if he didn't I'd personally hunt down who designed him
CC-23478
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:45:20 PM

What about a radio operator piece with fire support mission?

Or even a trooper type carrying recon probes (like the scout troopers in the first battlefront) could be represented by that ability......question there would be cost.

swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:29:04 PM

Galactic Funk wrote:

Listen to the 9/15 Sith Holo News Network (Episode 88)

mp3 download is now available (presumably through iTunes as well, I don't use it)

Not quite that sweeping, but something helpful for spreading CEs.
njarnagin
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 1:11:05 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Yeah, but that defeats the whole purpose of what I was requesting... something that replaces movement. Flapper

Fair enough, I think the "replaces movement" deserves a place in SWM play as well... But personally, I just like the idea of a piece taking a full round to try to call in for reineforcements.
Sashlon
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 1:24:23 PM

Place Bounty (At the start of the skirmish choose 1 unique enemy. For the rest of the skirmish characters in your squad with Bounty Hunter gain +10 damage on all attacks against that chosen enemy.)

Rebel Hunter (+4 attack and +10 damage against Rebel enemies)

Bothan Spymaster 19
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 16
Attack: 8
Damage: 20
Rarity: Uncommon
Base: Medium

Special Abilities
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Self-Destruct 20 (When this character is defeated, each adjacent character takes 20 damage)
Intuition (Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates)
Rapport (Non unique Bothan characters can be in the same squad as this character regardless of faction)

Commander Effect
Bothan allies gain Intuition and Self Destruct 20
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 5:19:02 PM

Sashlon wrote:

Bothan Spymaster 19

Special Abilities
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Self-Destruct 20 (When this character is defeated, each adjacent character takes 20 damage)
Intuition (Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates)
Rapport (Non unique Bothan characters can be in the same squad as this character regardless of faction)

Commander Effect
Bothan allies gain Intuition and Self Destruct 20

Really really Like this, but that might be because I'm such a big fan of Bothan Commandos. Really neat idea. Though instead of Rapport I believe you mean Affinity.
Sashlon
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 7:12:30 PM

Yeah Affinity of course BigGrin

Ghent 18
Defense: 14
Attack: 4
Damage: 10
Rarity: Rare

Special Abilities
Unique
Override (At the end of his turn, this character can designate 1 door that he can see as open or closed; it remains open or closed until the end of this character's next turn, or until he is defeated)
Repair 20 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from 1 Droid character)
Industrial Repair 20 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from 1 character with Mounted Weapon)
Master Slicer (Replaces attacks: This turn, this character can ignore doors while moving)
Reprogram (Replace attacks: touch; target enemy droid joins this character's squad, save 11. Each time the reprogrammed character would activate, it must first attempt a save of 11; on a failure, that character takes 10 damage, remains unactivated, rejoins the original squad, and is no longer reprogrammed.)

Sith Agent 25
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 18
Attack: 10
Rarity: Common

Special Abilities
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Lightsaber (+10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Jedi Reflexes (This character can make an attack of opportunity against an enemy character that moves into or out of an adjacent square. Characters with special abilities that ignore characters while moving are subject to this ability.)

Force Powers
Force 3
Sith Rage Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn
Lightsaber Riposte Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker

Old Republic Recruiting Officer 18
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 13
Attack: 5

Special Abilities
Old Republic Conscription (All characters in your squad are considered Old Republic for the rest of the skirmish.)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Commander Effect
Old Republic Recruits gain Rookie

gwek
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:56:53 PM

Kerra Holt (Old Republic, 28)
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 19

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Lightsaber (+10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Loner (+4 Attack if no allies are within 6 squares)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Force Powers
Force 3
Dispassionate Killer (Force 1: +4 Attack and +20 Damage until the end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn, make a save of 11. If the save fails, this character is immediately defeated.)
Force Leap (Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity)

Old Republic Gunslinger (Old Republic, 13)
Defense: 17
Attack: 9

Special Abilities
Pilot
Smuggler
Avoid Defeat (Whenever this character would be defeated, make 2 saves, each needing 11; if both succeed, this character has 10 Hit Points instead of being defeated)
Gambler's Luck (Once per turn, this character can reroll an attack, adding +4 to the result. If the attack misses, this character takes 10 damage.)
Independent Outfit (Also counts a Fringe character for the purpose of commander effects)

Darth Maladi, Hologram (Sith, 13)
Hit Points: --
Defense: --
Attack: --
Damage: --

Special Abilities
Unique
Affinity (Non-Unique characters whose names contain Stormtrooper may be in your squad regardless of faction)
Hologram (Ignores all terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target. Does not provide cover. This character is defeated if she activates when no Trooper ally is within 2 squares.)

Commander Effect:
At the end of this character's turn, choose 1 ally with a Force rating within 2 squares. That gains Ambush and Cloaked until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is defeated.

Sith Juggernaut (Sith, 27)
Hit Points: 90
Attack: 11

Special Abilities
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Draw Fire (If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11)
Invigorating Strike (Whenever he defeats an adjacent enemy, remove 20 damage from this character and this character gains 1 Force point)
Soresu Style (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Force Powers
Force 1
Sith Rage (Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn)

Master Tholme (Republic, 42)
Hit Points: 100
Attack: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Avoid Defeat (Whenever this character would be defeated, make 2 saves, each needing 11; if both succeed, this character has 10 Hit Points instead of being defeated)
Disruptive (Suppresses enemy commander effects within 6 squares)

Force Powers
Force 1, Force Renewal 1, Master of the Force 2
Force Alter (Force 1: range 6; any 1 enemy rerolls its last attack)
Jedi Mind Trick (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 2; target living enemy is considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 11)

Commando Droid with Energy Shield (Separatist, 22)
Attack: 6

Special Abilities
Commando Droid (Counts as a character named Commando Droid)
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Energy Shield (When this character or an adjacent character is hit by an attack from an enemy that is not adjacent to either, that character takes no damage and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; the attacker can avoid this effect with a save of 11.)
Squad Firepower (+10 Damage while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)

Chewbacca, Wookiee First Mate (Rebel, 26)
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 17

Special Abilities
Unique
Affinity (New Rebublic)
Artillerist (+4 Attack against enemies with Flight)
Han Solo's Co-pilot (An ally whose name contains Han Solo gains Pilot)
Repair 10 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 10 damage from 1 Droid character)
Synergy +2 (+2 Attack and +2 Defense while an allied character whose name contains Han Solo is within 6 squares)

Nien Nunb, Sullustan Pilot (Rebel, 21)
Hit Points: 60

Special Abilities
Unique
Affinity (New Republic)
Bravado +10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an adjacent enemies with a higher point cost)
Lando Calrissian's Co-pilot (An ally whose name contains Lando Calrissian gains Bravado +10 and Pilot)

Admiral Daala (Imperial, 19)
Hit Points: 50

Special Abilities
Imperial Military Reserves 30 (If you roll exactly 6 for initiative, you can add up to 30 points of non-Unique Imperial followers without a Force rating to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

Commander Effect:
If your initiative roll is an odd number, non-Unique followers within 6 squares get +4 to all rolls for the round; if it is an even number, non-Unique followers within 6 squares get -4 to all rolls instead. Non-unique Imperial followers without a Force rating within 6 squares can make 1 immediate attack when they are defeated.

Few women rise to positions of power in the Empire. Natasi Daala may be the reason for that.
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 2:45:07 PM

Some Bando Gora grunts... (from Star Wars Bounty Hunter)
And a new Jango
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2011 11:36:45 PM

njarnagin wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Fair enough, I think the "replaces movement" deserves a place in SWM play as well... But personally, I just like the idea of a piece taking a full round to try to call in for reineforcements.

I don't think "replaces movement" should really become a new game term, because there is already a precedent with replaces movement abilities with Double attack, Mighty Swing, Deadeye, Careful Shot, etc.

FlyingArrow wrote:

Becomes "On it's turn, if this character doesn't move, roll a die. on a roll of 20, you can...."

They do the exact same thing, so unless a replaces movement ability is going to prevent the use of "if this character doesn't move"/"instead of moving" abilities it's rather pointless considering there is already a standard for "replaces movement abilities".