RegisterDonateLogin

Well, if there's a bright center to the internet, you're on the website that it's farthest from.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 4 - Minis, SAs, FPs, and CEs You Want to See Options
Segastorm
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 7:27:55 AM
Groups: Member

dreadtech wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
Night Vision(This character may target enemies with stealth)

Something I thought might be cool.

Already exists, called Accurate Shot. How about changing it to This character may target enemies with cloaked?

You got the wrong idea on this one dude, it's supposed to be accurate shot to a lesser extent, only being able to target enemies with stealth, each character would still have to be the closest target with cover or a character without cover, which accurate shot ignores.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 9:19:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Segastorm wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
Night Vision(This character may target enemies with stealth)

Something I thought might be cool.

Already exists, called Accurate Shot. How about changing it to This character may target enemies with cloaked?

You got the wrong idea on this one dude, it's supposed to be accurate shot to a lesser extent, only being able to target enemies with stealth, each character would still have to be the closest target with cover or a character without cover, which accurate shot ignores.

So it would allow you to target a Stealth character in cover who is more than 6 away if it is the nearest enemy?

That could be useful.
Segastorm
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 10:26:00 AM

another idea

Conqueror(If this character defeats an enemy commander, this character gets the defeated commander's CE. Each follower adjacent to that commander joins this character's squad, save 11. This special ability may only be used once. Declare the ability right after you defeat the enemy commadner.)
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:29:43 PM

In no perticular order:

-More GenoHaradan
-Corran Horn, Jedi Master
-Saba Sebatyne
-Nick Rostu
-Akk dog
-Savage Opress
-Durge on Speeder bike
-NR Chewbacca
-Lowbacca
-Jedi Master Nomi Sunrider
-More ARC Troopers
-ARC Captain Fordo
-Goran Beviin
-Mirta Gev
-More NR & OR Troopers/Soldiers
-AAT
-More Geonosians
-Jagged Fel, Bounty Hunter
-New Quinlan Vos
-New Lord Hoth
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 2:46:42 PM

I thought I forgot one: Satele Shan

And some Non-unique Gen'dais would be cool.

Ooh and some more GenoHaradan. Razz
Segastorm
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 10:58:11 PM

I agree with Corran Horn, let's not forget the Horn kids.
CC-23478
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:25:25 AM

I have two ideas
first, I used to love playing the saleucami clone troopers, I remember when I had two of them both roll crits one after the other on my opponent's aurra sing . . . those were the good old days
the heavy clone troopers have since made them obsolete but I'd like for them to be playable againt
maybe make a Commander Neyo that has a commander effect like this
"Allies with Order 66 with heavy weapon loose heavy weapon. Allies whose name contians Saleucami gain twin attack."
this would make both troops near top teir in that you could give a 13 point piece with 30 damage greater mobile with double attack (via rex and aayla) while still preventing the heavy trooper from making the saleucami trooper obsolete

also, I had put the following commander effect on a custom Daala mini as a way of making trooper swarms tier one again, it'd be awesome if you could work it into another piece:

Whenever a non-unique follower would be defeated by an attack, every ally with the same name as the defeated character that is within 6 squares said character may make an immediate attack against the initial attacker if it can.
it would completely nerf IG lancer squads because then the lancers would get owned by a bunch of stormies every time they kill one, but at the same time the commander effect isn't broken because you can position yourself that very few enemies can see you and in order for the effect to be optimized you'll need to cluster which will leave you open to grenades and missiles and such, so it isn't broken but it isn't dead on arrival, it'd add an interesting flavor to the meta and make people value abilities like grenades more while also letting troopers see more play, as in reality most battles are fought by troops, a truth that this game often failes to represent.
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:41:07 AM

CC-23478 wrote:
I have two ideas
first, I used to love playing the saleucami clone troopers, I remember when I had two of them both roll crits one after the other on my opponent's aurra sing . . . those were the good old days
the heavy clone troopers have since made them obsolete but I'd like for them to be playable againt
maybe make a Commander Neyo that has a commander effect like this
"Allies with Order 66 with heavy weapon loose heavy weapon. Allies whose name contians Saleucami gain twin attack."
this would make both troops near top teir in that you could give a 13 point piece with 30 damage greater mobile with double attack (via rex and aayla) while still preventing the heavy trooper from making the saleucami trooper obsolete

also, I had put the following commander effect on a custom Daala mini as a way of making trooper swarms tier one again, it'd be awesome if you could work it into another piece:

Whenever a non-unique follower would be defeated by an attack, every ally with the same name as the defeated character that is within 6 squares said character may make an immediate attack against the initial attacker if it can.
it would completely nerf IG lancer squads because then the lancers would get owned by a bunch of stormies every time they kill one, but at the same time the commander effect isn't broken because you can position yourself that very few enemies can see you and in order for the effect to be optimized you'll need to cluster which will leave you open to grenades and missiles and such, so it isn't broken but it isn't dead on arrival, it'd add an interesting flavor to the meta and make people value abilities like grenades more while also letting troopers see more play, as in reality most battles are fought by troops, a truth that this game often failes to represent.

umm.... your second idea is kinda balanced, but republic has it's solutions for lancer...I think...It would also balance the game in a way...like...let's say you're running a stormie squad with the commander effect you came up with, sure, they all could attack the lancer, but the Lancer has 17 defense and Stormies have less than 5 attack, not to mention the DEF can be boosted. It would force the faction to apply characters that boost attack, most of which are barely used nowadays.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:06:02 PM

To bad you can't combine fire on an immediate attack. Sad
adidamps2
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:51:38 AM

False Bravdo: +4 Attack and +10 Damage against adjacent enemies with a lower point cost. -4 defense and -4 Attack against adjacent enemies with a higher point cost.

Guided Missile X: Replaces turn: range: 12 squares regardless of line of sight; X damage to selected target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11

EMP missile x: Replaces attacks: sight; x damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11. All nonliving character that is subject to this character's missile ability is considered activated this round; save 16.

Concussion Missile x: Replaces attacks: sight; x damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11. A living character hit by this character's missile ability is considered activated this round; save 16.

Aerial Artillerist or Aerial Combatant: This character may make attacks of opportunity against characters with the flight special ability.

Anchor Line: replaces attacks, range 6, a character with the Flight Special Ability targeted by this ability must make a save 11 or lose Flight Special Ability until this characters next activation. If a 1 is rolled character loses Flight for the rest of the skirmish.

Flight Jammer: Range 6; Enemies with Flight special ability within 6 squares lose Flight special ability.

Squad Combine Fire for each ally with the same name as this character, who combine fire with this character, grant this character an (+1 each) additional immediate Attack against the same target. No attack bonus is granted for Combine Firing. Max combine fire of 3 characters. This Special Ability does not benefit from Twin Attack Special ability.

Obstacle: Enemies treat each square adjacent to this character as difficult terrain for movement cost.

Rig Blaster Rifle Upgrade: Allies within 6 squares with nonmelee attacks that deal exactly 20 damage gain Scramble

Rig Blaster Upgrade: Allies within 6 squares with nonmelee attacks that deal exactly 10 damage Gain Ion Gun +20

Missile Upgrade Allies within 6 squares with the Missile Special ability gain Shatter Beam

Rigged Missile Upgrade Allies within 6 squares with the Missile Special ability may target a door for purposes of using the Missile Special ability and that door remains open for the rest of the skirmish and cannot be closed. All characters adjacent to the targeted door are subject to the effects of the Missile Special ability.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:17:04 AM

@adidamps2 - some really good stuff there. ThumpUp
gwek
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:02:18 AM

I've been fiddling with a custom set called Balance of Power that will ultimately boil down to "my wishlist for future V-Sets."

I've been thinking a bit about the dilemma of the "gatekeeper" Lancer squads. I came up with this special ability (which I'm still fine-tuning):

Draw a Bead (If an enemy attacks an ally within 6 squares and then moves and is not hit by an attack of opportunity, this character can make an attack of opportunity against the enemy)

I would envision it on a few different characters (mostly Fringe). I don't want to render Lancers and other strafers completely obsolete, but I think this makes such a squad riskier, and also makes GMA a little trickier to dominate with.

While I like something like Aerial Combatant, I think it may be a little limited. Unless it's handed out as a commander effect, it's easy enough for the Lancer (or similar) to just avoid the character with it. A character with Draw a Bead, on the other hand, can cover a "zone," effectively making the attacker seriously consider their tactical options. On the other hand, though, it doesn't just devastate the attacker, since they have the CHOICE to not attack/move (and therefore effectively disarm Draw a Bead).

swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:43:00 AM

swinefeld wrote:
To bad you can't combine fire on an immediate attack. Sad

How about an SA or CE that would allow this, and perhaps on AoOs as well? (restricted as needed for balance)
adidamps2
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:11:32 PM

swinefeld wrote:
@adidamps2 - some really good stuff there. ThumpUp

Thanks!ThumbsUp

I just really want to see some anti-flight SA's and a few more SA that rehash some old SA's that don't see much game play now a days.

although I'll be honest I'm sort of partial to the Rigged Missile Upgrade, because who doesn't want the ability to literally blow a door up and hurt people ALL at the same time. LOL
adidamps2
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:29:08 AM

how about some support pieces to help those poor barves in the rebel faction with the Heavy Weapon Special Ability that haven't seen the light of day in years? Blink

Assistant Heavy Weapon Trooper

Cost: 16-20
HP: 40
Def: 14
Att: 3
Dmg: 10

SA:
Heavy Weapon Bodyguard (If an adjacent ally Trooper with Heavy Weapon SA would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead)

Heavy Weapon Support (when an Adjacent Trooper ally with Heavy Weapon and base damage 30 moves this character and the adjacent ally with the Heavy Weapon SA can move up to that allies speed simultaneously; At the end of the move, this character must be adjacent to that ally and this character is considered activated. At the end of this move the Trooper ally with Heavy Weapon SA may make all attacks)

Heavy Weapon Power Upgrade (Troopers with the Heavy Weapon SA and base damage 30 may benefit from the Power Coupling SA while adjacent to this character)

Flanking Support

Heavy Weapon Sergeant

Cost: 20-30
HP: 50
Def: 16
Att: 8
Damage: 20

SA:
Pour it on : Trooper Allies within 6 squares with the Heavy Weapon SA and Base 30 damage gain Flurry Attack

Lighten the Load: Trooper Allies with Heavy Weapon and base 30 damage who start their moves adjacent to this character get +2 Speed

CE:
Characters who combine fire with ally Troopers who have Heavy Weapon SA provide +6 attack instead of +4.

Trooper Followers with 30 base damage and Heavy Weapon special ability score critical hits on 19-20.
ryan
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:40:12 AM

Maybe a watto, and he repairs droids?
gwek
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:15:22 PM

ryan wrote:

Something like this?

Watto
Faction: Fringe
Cost: 13
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 13
Attack: 0
Damage: 0

Unique
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Repair Supplies (Replaces Turn. Choose one adjacent ally to gain Repair 10 for the rest of the skirmish)
Salvager (Whenever a non-Unique Droid ally within 6 squares would be defeated, with a save of 16, it instead immediately returns to play with 10 Hit Points.)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)

"I’m a Toydarian. Mind tricks don’t work on me - only money. No money, no parts, no deal."

(From 2010's The Next Lost Twenty)
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:06:07 AM

I was thinking about some upgrades for the Vong - here are some ideas I had:
- a commander effect that gives more speed (someone already mentioned this up thread).
- a commander like Tarpals, who allows them to Razorbug, Thud Bug, etc twice.
- a commander who gives bonuses to fringe shooters in a Vong squad - I dunno, like +4 attack, or extra attack, or stealth, or jolt, or something.
- an equivalent to jedi force-powers like Leap and Sweep.
ryan
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:20:52 AM

gwek wrote:
ryan wrote:

Something like this?

Watto
Faction: Fringe
Cost: 13
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 13
Attack: 0
Damage: 0

Unique
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Repair Supplies (Replaces Turn. Choose one adjacent ally to gain Repair 10 for the rest of the skirmish)
Salvager (Whenever a non-Unique Droid ally within 6 squares would be defeated, with a save of 16, it instead immediately returns to play with 10 Hit Points.)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)

"I’m a Toydarian. Mind tricks don’t work on me - only money. No money, no parts, no deal."

(From 2010's The Next Lost Twenty)

Yes, something like that would be very cool in the next vset. Or maybe he cancels out force powers within 6 squares like in the movies how he never fell for a Jedi mind trick. Just an idea if I remember correctly.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 12:08:25 AM

I'm depressed. Stats plz.