RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:17:48 AM
Groups: Member

UPDATED 7/25

Alright guys, this thing is actually happening! This is the official Standings and Schedule thread for my league. Below are the current standings:

wannabe_mexican (Current 6th , 1-2, 5 Points)
circrush13 (Current 4th, 1-4, 7 Points)
plokoon9619 (Current 2nd, 4-1, 13 Points)
Segastorm (Current 5th , 1-2, 5 Points)
Demosthenes (Current 7th , 0-4, 4 Points)
R5Don4 (Current T-3rd , 2-2, 8 Points)
EmporerDragon (Current T-3rd , 2-2, 8 Points)
SuperYodaMan (Current 1st , 5-0, 15 Points) (Bomb Currrent Leader!! Destroy him!! Flapper LOL Bomb )

And below is the legal (playable) maps that can be used in this league:

¤ Death Star
¤ Mos Eisley
¤ Geonosis Arena
¤ Throne Room
¤ Mustafar
¤ Cloud City
¤ Muun Guild Commerce Plaza
¤ Commander's Office (Ruined Base)
¤ Rancor Pit
¤ Endor Bunker
¤ Yavin Temple

As a refresher, here's what to do after two players have played their match. (see This Thread in case you forgot any specific rules for playing your matches in this league). One player must report the match in this thread by reporting who played who, the final score, who won, and each player's respective booster selection for the week (see below). A game summary (whether quick or short, up to the player reporting) would be appreciated.

CHOOSING YOUR BOOSTER FOR THE WEEK

After two players have played their match, each player must decide which booster they want. The possible, choices are RS, CS, ROTS, or UH, though not all might be available to be chosen for the week. For the week (assuming all players have played their matches), there will be 2 of RS, CS, ROTS, and UH chosen -- no more, no less -- 1 of each from the winners for the week, and 1 of each from the losers (sorry for the blunt term) for the week. As long as no one has selected the booster a player plans to choose (based on whether he's a winner, or a loser) for the week, that booster may be selected.

That probably sounds a bit confusing. Here's an example:

-Week 1 of the league has just started (Sunday).
-On Tuesday, Albert and Bob play their match. Albert wins, and Bob loses. Since no one else has played & posted their match yet, they can each choose whatever booster they want (as winner and loser respectively), since no other player has yet played their match and posted their booster selections. Let's say Albert (Winner) chooses CS while Bob (Loser) chooses UH.
-Two days later on Thursday, Carlos and Diego play their match. Diego wins the match, and posts their game's results. They each want to pick UH as their booster selection, but only Diego can pick that booster since no other Winner has chosen that booster for the week yet. However, Carlos the loser cannot choose UH since another Loser (no pun intended Razz ), Bob, has already chosen UH for the week. So, Carlos ends up choosing ROTS.
-Later that same day, Edward and Fred play their game and post their results (Edward won). Now for their booster selections, only RS and ROTS remain available in the winner's circle for the week and only RS and CS remain available in the loser's circle. Since both players were veterans, each decides to take RS since they believe they can win their next game with it.
-Finally on Saturday, Gary and Henry play their game (Henry wins). They post their results. Now, only one booster in the winners/losers circle remain -- ROTS and CS respectively. So Gary receives CS and Henry receives ROTS.
>THE END< ThumbsUp

Did that make any sense at all? If you have any questions, please post your concerns/questions here or PM me privately. A few notes though:

*EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE BOOSTER AVAILABLE LEFT FOR A PLAYER, IF THAT PLAYER DOES NOT POST HIS BOOSTER SELECTION THEN HE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE A REBEL STORM BOOSTER. Failure to complete a game automatically results in a RS booster. If you believe that there is a legitimate explanation for missing the game (ex: If your opponent did not make the appointed time), then I will resolve the matter based on the situation.
*IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VIEW THIS THREAD AND STAY UPDATED WITH BOOSTER SELECTIONS/STANDINGS (Your weekly opponent will be PM'd by me). If you post a booster choice that was already chosen for the week, and fail to correct it before the end of the week, you will receive a RS booster.
*If you do anything wrong, heck, if I feel like it, you will receive a RS booster. ThumbsUp Had to say that.

Whew! That was a lot of boring stuff to cover. Now for the Schedule!

WEEK 1 (6/26-7/2)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. circrush13
plokoon9619 vs. Segastorm
Demosthenes vs. R5Don4
EmporerDragon vs. SuperYodaMan

WEEK 2 (7/3-7/9)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. plokoon9619
circrush13s vs. Segastorm
Demosthenes vs. EmporerDragon
R5Don4 vs. SuperYodaMan

WEEK 3 (7/10-7/16)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. Segastorm
circrush13 vs. plokoon9619
Demosthenes vs. SuperYodaMan
R5Don4 vs. EmporerDragon

WEEK 4 (7/17-7/23)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. Demosthenes
plokoon9619 vs. EmporerDragon
circrush13 vs. R5Don4
Segastorm vs. SuperYodaMan

WEEK 5 (7/24-7/30)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. EmporerDragon
plokoon9619 vs. Demosthenes
circrush13 vs. SuperYodaMan
Segastorm vs. R5Don4

WEEK 6 (7/31-8/6)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. R5Don4
plokoon9619 vs. SuperYodaMan
circrush13 vs. Demosthenes
Segastorm vs. EmporerDragon

WEEK 7 (8/7-8/13)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. SuperYodaMan
plokoon9619 vs. R5Don4
circrush13 vs. EmporerDragon
Segastorm vs. Demosthenes

BONUS WEEK - Two on Two! - TBD (If anyone wants to do this format just for fun)
=======
TBD

PLAYOFFS TBD (if we get this far ;) )
=======
TBD

Again, any questions/comments, feel free to post/comments, or PM me. Thanks!

May the Force Be With You!

-CB
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:04:10 PM

Bring it!Razz
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:05:28 PM

Argh. lol
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:18:07 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
Argh. lol

See? You do have a chance to get your choice booster. Better start BMing your opponent ASAP ;)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:41:57 PM

I'm liking the booster distribution method, as it encourages getting games in early. Unfortunately for me, my availability windows for next week might mean I'll get the barrel scrapings.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:44:18 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'm liking the booster distribution method, as it encourages getting games in early. Unfortunately for me, my availability windows for next week might mean I'll get the barrel scrapings.

...as well as your opponent, lol. ;)
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:08:51 PM

R5Don4 vs Demos

Map Don -------> Mustafar
Winner Don

Score 125 to 26

I'll take the Universe Booster!

3 pt win

Justin was a good sport and played it out even though it was going to be very bad for him from set up. GG J man.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:11:23 PM

Heh, my 26 points came from 1 round of Gambit and him sacrificing his own piece. Not too good a game for me, oh well!

Universe booster, please. =)
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:16:52 PM

WHAT THE....Scared Scared Scared Scared
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:41:30 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
R5Don4 vs Demos

Map Don -------> Mustafar
Winner Don

Score 125 to 26

I'll take the Universe Booster!

3 pt win

Justin was a good sport and played it out even though it was going to be very bad for him from set up. GG J man.

Don't forget that it's 15-pt gambit per round; not 5-pt ;) .
Do you mind explaining the 3-pt win? Did you reach the point total (150) or wipe out all of demo's figs? Or both? Sorry; Im a bit confused.

TO EVERYONE
===========
You can play your games in any order you'd like; anytime you like (as long as that specific game is played before its respective week is over); as long as you work it out with your opponent. HOWEVER, you cannot post your results until the week that your game was scheduled to be played. Ex: WM is scheduled to play Demo in Week 4. They can play their game anytime they like (before Week 4 is over of course :D); but they cannot post their results until 12:00 AM of 7/17.

*If anyone posts your results for a certain Week before the actual week begins; I will consider it as a blank post and thus think that that person is wasting space and is a fool...and; could possibly be subject to receiving a RS booster ;) LOL.
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:46:17 PM

Justin got points from 1 round of gambit and 11 pts from a unit of mine killing itself to do some damage.

Justin gave up, after I killed off 121 pts of his squad. I was much closer to Gambit and could have easily gotten there to camp for another 2-3 rounds to make up the difference without him being able to score anymore. It was a complete victory to have kept playing would have just been cruel. Also there was plenty of time left, if we were to play it out.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:35:45 PM

Yeah, all I had left was a couple pot-shot figures. Don could've run a fig up to gambit at the end of that Round and won the game, I just didn't see the point in continuing the misery, lol.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:48:21 AM

Thanks for the explanation! I will update the scores shortly.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 3:06:41 AM

The schedule says that the first week doesn't start until Sunday. Why, then, are there results of a week one game posted already (on Thursday 6/23)? I thought you (creme) said that you couldn't post results until the week that the game was scheduled, which isn't until Sunday 6/26 for week one? Confused
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 5:02:54 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
The schedule says that the first week doesn't start until Sunday. Why, then, are there results of a week one game posted already (on Thursday 6/23)? I thought you (creme) said that you couldn't post results until the week that the game was scheduled, which isn't until Sunday 6/26 for week one? Confused

Since I posted the update after they posted their results (in actuality I didnt think about the problem about posting early until after they posted their scores). The whole point about not posting too early was to not screw up the booster distribution. There's no week before week 1; so for Week 1; you can post it anytime you want from today until next saturday. Sorry about that; thanks for voicing your concern.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 1:56:02 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:

It's certainly an interesting method. I have mixed feelings about it; I like it because it rewards people for getting their games done A.S.A.P., which will make the schedule run more smoothly, but at the same time it punishes those who have full schedules and can't play their games until later in the week (as well as punishing their opponent, as it does take two people to play a game). I guess overall I don't particularly care for it; the system has good intentions and can help players, but it inadvertently harms others. However, I'm not in charge of the league, and I don't want my or any other one given opinion to change the whole system, so I guess I'll just have to put up with an RS booster every now and then Sad LOL .
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 11:26:47 PM

In this format getting a Rebel Storm Booster is not really such a bad thing at all.

In this format these are all great pulls:

Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
Imperial Officer
General Veers
Grand Moff Tarkin
Princess Leia Organa
Heavy Stormtrooper
R2-D2
Dengar
Greedo
Elite Snowtrooper
Probe Droid
Quarren Assassin
Twi'lek Body Guard
4-LOM
Bespin Guard

Because we are only using the first 4 sets the power creep is not that significant. I'll probably almost always choose a Rebel Storm over RotS given the choice.
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:51:18 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
In this format getting a Rebel Storm Booster is not really such a bad thing at all.

In this format these are all great pulls:

Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
Imperial Officer
General Veers
Grand Moff Tarkin
Princess Leia Organa
Heavy Stormtrooper
R2-D2
Dengar
Greedo
Elite Snowtrooper
Probe Droid
Quarren Assassin
Twi'lek Body Guard
4-LOM
Bespin Guard

Because we are only using the first 4 sets the power creep is not that significant. I'll probably almost always choose a Rebel Storm over RotS given the choice.

Indeed. In ROTS there are some decent pulls; but not as many as RS. I believe shooters still mostly dominated back in that day; which RS is chock full of.
plokoon9619
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:39:31 AM

Segastorm vs Plokoon9619

I win by gambit(surrender with no possible way to destroy the rest of my squad in 1 round). 149-80

Map was Throne Room.

We both pick RotS.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:39:51 AM

EmporerDragon vs. SuperYodaMan

SuperYodaMan wins 161-74

SuperYodaMan's units made too thick of a wall for Yoda and company to cut through to get at the gambit zones. It also didn't help that I had my usual vassal curse in full effect.

For boosters, we both choose Clone Strike.