RegisterDonateLogin

Does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:39:25 AM
Groups: Member

Nice R5. I think I'll playtest your ideas with you and some others after this league's over. Circrush plans to start up an R&R league after so it should give us ample time to try everything out. As far as trading your pieces in for points to spend; Im probably going to make it at a set scale; such as C = 1 pt; UC = 2 pt; R = 3 pt; and VR = 5 pt. Booster X costs 20; Booster Y costs 30 and Booster Z costs 25. If I make the prices of the boosters too low or prices of the figures too high; then people can too easily trade in unwanted booster pulls for new boosters at an extremely high rate.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:41:22 AM

Nice R5. I think I'll playtest your ideas with you and some others after this league's over. Circrush plans to start up an R&R league after so it should give us ample time to try everything out. As far as trading your pieces in for points to spend; Im probably going to make it at a set scale; such as C = 1 pt; UC = 2 pt; R = 3 pt; and VR = 5 pt. Booster X costs 20; Booster Y costs 30 and Booster Z costs 25. If I make the prices of the boosters too low or prices of the figures too high; then people can too easily trade in unwanted booster pulls for new boosters at an extremely high rate.
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:31:04 AM

I was thinking more of the free market approach with play money rather than flat points. The store would charge exponentially more than it would buy for. Better (higher in demand) minis would cost more and would also award more. As the league continued and the pool of minis available minis would grow, prices would fluctuate with demand. The pool of available boosters to buy as a whole should be limited.

for example back to my pool of minis for sale to the store:

Store would buy these VRs for 3 bucks each and sell them for 9
CS 40 General Grievous Very Rare 1
RotS 31 General Grievous, Jedi Hunter Very Rare 1
UH 17 Dr. Evazan Very Rare 1

This rare would yeild 1 buck and sell for 4

RS 56 Bossk Rare 1

These uncommons would sell for .50 cents and sell for 2 bucks

RS 32 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
CS 48 Super Battle Droid Uncommon 1
CS 59 Wookiee Commando Uncommon 1
RotS 60 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
UH 3 Elite Clone Trooper Uncommon 1
UH 11 Super Battle Droid Commander Uncommon 1
UH 27 Reek Uncommon 1
UH 59 Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern Uncommon 1

Commons 20 cents and sell for 1 buck

RS 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel Common 1
RotS 16 Polis Massa Medic Common 1
UH 20 Kaminoan Ascetic Common 1
UH 55 New Republic Trooper Common 1
UH 60 Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Common 1

as stocks inventories stack up, prices go down, the hotter selling minis can sell for more just like real life.

So say you bought all this I'd have $15 credit. But hey boosters start at $18 so I still have to wait a while to buy one or I could just hang on to them for my personal trade pool with the other players. Oh and Universe boosters because they are huge are $25 bucks just like my LGS Sad

I think in this is manageable with only 4 sets, if you try to do this with 18 sets you might need a full time staff.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:43:35 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
I was thinking more of the free market approach with play money rather than flat points. The store would charge exponentially more than it would buy for. Better (higher in demand) minis would cost more and would also award more. As the league continued and the pool of minis available minis would grow, prices would fluctuate with demand. The pool of available boosters to buy as a whole should be limited....

I think in this is manageable with only 4 sets, if you try to do this with 18 sets you might need a full time staff.

I wholly agree (go capitalism! ThumbsUp ). I'm not sure I completely agree with the pricing method, but I like the idea of a sort of mini-stock market. The prices might be difficult to change/control based on demand, as the supply and demand may be hard to gauge. I was thinking more along the lines of using prices from websites like www.coolstuffinc.com (only decently priced and reliable website I've come across for things like minis and TCGs) or even BlooMilk prices to set a benchmark price for each particular figure (not groups of certain rarity) and have that price be fixed. Rather than players getting full price for the mini and the store selling it for a higher price, the store would sell for the full price but players would get reduced price for their figures (like 40-60% depending on rarity and what figure).

I'm just going to throw around another couple of ideas here. I think there should be an limited number of boosters each player can purchase, but an unlimited number of boosters available in the store. However, boosters would cost slightly more than they do in reality (i.e. more like $20-25, depending on what booster, instead of $18-20) to prevent the "mass booster trading" that creme is concerned about. I also think it would be interesting to allow players to buy figures from other players in addition to trading, and the "points" from sold figures could also be used in trades to sweeten the deal.

I also can't help but notice that creme has a terrible tendency to duplicate his posts. LOL
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:05:26 PM

luckily he can also easily delete them
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 11:52:01 AM

The only source of currency would be selling to the store. With that high kind of mark up eventually the player's resources get used up quickly.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 12:01:52 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
The only source of currency would be selling to the store. With that high kind of mark up eventually the player's resources get used up quickly.

That's more or less the idea; it gives players some degree of flexibility in regards to squad building, while ensuring that the majority of the chance aspect of a booster league is retained. Maybe the markup shouldn't be that high, but it should be slightly more than the booster price. Honestly, I don't think a $2 markup on a booster is too terribly high.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 12:07:10 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

That's more or less the idea; it gives players some degree of flexibility in regards to squad building, while ensuring that the majority of the chance aspect of a booster league is retained. Maybe the markup shouldn't be that high, but it should be slightly more than the booster price. Honestly, I don't think a $2 markup on a booster is too terribly high.

Well; in my mind the whole store thing would be sort of a 'last resort'; the thing to do with leftover minis when you cant use/trade them. Hence why I was planning to make the ratio of the selling to the store price to the turnaround price extremely low (or high? I could never get my english grammar right). Basically maybe 1:2; even maybe 1:3 depending on the piece.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 2:04:53 PM

Demosthenes vs. EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon wins 156 - 111

It was a good match, but cursed heavily by the vassal gods. We could probably count our rolls over 11 on two hands (Seeing a Viper Droid miss a Dwarf Spider Droid at point blank range multiple times is spirit breaking). My saving grace though was that Yoda only needed 2s for most rolls.

For boosters, I'll take RotS and Demosthenes will take CS.
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 2:09:09 PM

Yeah, I had about 5 rolls of 11 or higher the whole match, with my X-1 missing 2 attacks on a Dwarf Spider needing something like a 4. At that point I just got pissed off shooting at the droid so I shot and killed his Hoth Trooper instead, lol. Ah well. Bring on the good pulls!
plokoon9619
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 7:42:26 AM

So who is my opponent...
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 8:47:29 AM

plokoon9619 wrote:
So who is my opponent...

WEEK 3 (7/10-7/16)
=======
wannabe_mexican vs. Segastorm
Terrence Withers vs. plokoon9619
Demosthenes vs. SuperYodaMan
R5Don4 vs. EmporerDragon

Did Terry drop or get kicked out of the league? Should his opponents get a buy and therefore have first choice of winner boosters?
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 8:53:30 AM

UPDATED! ThumbsUp

plokoon9619 wrote:
So who is my opponent...

In response to plokoon's question, in addition to what will happen to Terrence Withers (who apparently hasn't been on since 6/20...ThumbDown ), circrush13 has agreed to take over for his spot.

So here's what will happen. For those first two games (I'm looking at you wannabe and Sega), you'll each recieve a 3-pt "bye" win. However, since I've allowed circrush to try and play those games out until the end of Week 4, each of you are obliged to try and settle a time to play him if possible if he asks you. Whoever loses those two matches will still recieve 1 pt just for dealing with this whole mess and suffering 2 RS boosters Flapper . If you have any questions (I'm looking at you SuperYodaMan Tongue ), feel free to post of BM me. Thanks

P.S.: Sega, I'll be BMing your RS booster as well.

~CB
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 2:00:33 PM

R5Don4 vs EmperorDragon

Map Don -------> Mustafar
Winner Don

Score 138 to 15

we'll both take Universe Boosters!

3 pt win

ED was a good sport and played it out even though it was going to be very bad for him from set up. His beater deflected an unbelievable amount of damage including 2 90 damage crits. Bad Karma for me choosing Mustafar.
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 2:11:15 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
R5Don4 vs EmperorDragon

Map Don -------> Mustafar
Winner Don

Score 138 to 15

we'll both take Universe Boosters!

3 pt win

Justin was a good sport and played it out even though it was going to be very bad for him from set up. His beater deflected an unbelievable amount of damage including 2 90 damage crits. Bad Karma for me choosing Mustafar.

Dang you guys are quick. 5 min after the buzzer. Looks like ED's dice luck is possibly changing.
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:20:17 PM

can't wait to see what you pull next
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:41:13 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
can't wait to see what you pull next

Lol my pulls have been sucking most recently sadly for you guys. Im on a VR dry spell.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:54:05 PM

I'd like some pieces with synergy for the rest of my squad, please. Or any kind of beatstick, really.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:47:46 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Looks like ED's dice luck is possibly changing.

Not really, considering Yoda was the only character of mine to deal damage and that was only because he needed a 2 to hit.

Also, where did the name Justin come from?
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 12:28:04 AM

sometimes when you take a shortcut you get mud on your boots