Cunningly opportunistic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:59:28 AM
Groups: Member

Week 4: SuperYodaMan vs. Segastorm

151-65, SuperYodaMan wins

Sega was a great sport for playing this one through to the end. He wanted to forfeit after I killed his biggest threat (which also happened to be his biggest figure) in round 3 or 4, but I convinced him to keep going because he hadn't scored any points yet. He reluctantly agreed to continue, finished off my main beatstick (who only had 30HP left), and managed to score 65 points before the end of the game. When we finished, I had two rounds of Gambit and killed all but three of his more or less filler figures while losing only two figures myself.

We both would like RotS.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:21:25 AM

My input on what is going on. I like 15pt gambit. It is cool. I don't like Override, and like the suggestion that you can't override a door twice in a row.
Segastorm
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:23:04 AM

Segastorm vs wannabe mexican

Segastorm wins by annihilation

had a ton of fire from han and mara, and got an early kill on his acklay. after that, is was jedi after jedi vs my vader, with han support, he won them both barely alive, only to find half my troops gone from mara's blaster barrage. So after the Ki-Kill, I ran to his troops and sweeped them down. Mara took a last stand and shot at the dresslian commando, turning her attention from vader. I won last init and Han finished her. GG Wanabee, I thought vader would die honestly, but I won due to his luck.

We'll take universe if possible, but rebel storm if we must. This was last week's game btw.
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:58:02 AM

Week 4
cicrush13 vs R5Don4
Map: Mustafar

cicrush13 wins 180-16

Don has a nasty squad, he just missed some crucial saves. I rolled 4 1's in a row for some attacks but this was a straight shootout.

R5Don4 Booster pick: RS (loser)
cicrush13 Booster pick: CS(winner)
R5Don4
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:04:34 PM

confirmed. I played balls out and it ended up working against me eventually.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:25:00 PM

cicrush13 wrote:
cicrush13 vs R5Don4
cicrush13 Booster pick: ROTS (winner)

Sorry to disappoint you, cicrush, but Sega and I already took both of the ROTS boosters this week. You can have mine if you really want a ROTS, though. :-P
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:34:21 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
cicrush13 vs R5Don4
cicrush13 Booster pick: ROTS (winner)

Sorry to disappoint you, cicrush, but Sega and I already took both of the ROTS boosters this week. You can have mine if you really want a ROTS, though. :-P

All I have is RS lol

No you got to it first and I forgot to check. I guess more RS for me!

EDIT: CS is still available I'll take that instead please.
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:35:21 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
confirmed. I played balls out and it ended up working against me eventually.

Well it worked for the first round not the second round on though.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:00:06 PM

Week 5: cicrush13 vs. SuperYodaMan

Results: 157-163, SuperYodaMan wins (3 pt.)

Commentary: Despite missing what must have been at least 60% of my attacks and losing my primary figure by round three, I somehow pulled off the win. I made a crucial mistake in the final round that miraculously didn't make me lose: I moved off Gambit to go kill one of cicrush's figures to get the win, allowing cicrush to move in and box me out of Gambit. As you can see by the score, if I hadn't gotten lucky enough to kill that last figure, I would have lost. It was a really close game.

Boosters: Both cicrush and I would like a UH booster.

I swear I'm the only person that hasn't pulled an X-1, but no matter; I've seen five up, five down. I'm also noticing a pattern here: every week I go without getting any good booster pulls, I get closer to losing. If I'm any good at making predictions, I'd say next week will be my first loss. Flapper Be good to me this time, creme!

Posted at 12:00:06AM EST on Sunday, July 24.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:58:41 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:

I swear I'm the only person that hasn't pulled an X-1

*cough*
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 5:00:26 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Week 5: cicrush13 vs. SuperYodaMan

Results: 157-163, SuperYodaMan wins (3 pt.)

Commentary: Despite missing what must have been at least 60% of my attacks and losing my primary figure by round three, I somehow pulled off the win. I made a crucial mistake in the final round that miraculously didn't make me lose: I moved off Gambit to go kill one of cicrush's figures to get the win, allowing cicrush to move in and box me out of Gambit. As you can see by the score, if I hadn't gotten lucky enough to kill that last figure, I would have lost. It was a really close game.

Boosters: Both cicrush and I would like a UH booster.

I swear I'm the only person that hasn't pulled an X-1, but no matter; I've seen five up, five down. I'm also noticing a pattern here: every week I go without getting any good booster pulls, I get closer to losing. If I'm any good at making predictions, I'd say next week will be my first loss. Flapper Be good to me this time, creme!

Posted at 12:00:06AM EST on Sunday, July 24.

He needed a 12 or higher to win the game and he rolled a 12. Haha great game though!
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 8:19:58 AM

I move for a vote of no confidence in creme (thumbs up for the Ep. I reference). Angry Seriously, though, I think someone else should pull boosters from now on; creme has officially pulled FOUR *insert explicative here* Dr. Evazans, and I'll let you guess who received the most recent one. Cursing It really puzzles me how he's pulled four of the same VR (50% of the league has one), yet at least 2 people don't have an uncommon X-1. Huh

Even though it contains a wasted VR, if anyone wants my UH booster this week for a CS or RotS, let me know. Flapper LOL
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 8:43:13 AM

Week 4: Wannabemexican vs. Demosthenes
Map (won by Wannabe): Rancor Pit

183-83, Wannabemexican

Yay, I get to lose again, woohoo!

I'll take CS, looks like Wannabe is stuck with RS.
plokoon9619
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 8:54:09 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
I move for a vote of no confidence in creme (thumbs up for the Ep. I reference). Angry Seriously, though, I think someone else should pull boosters from now on; creme has officially pulled FOUR *insert explicative here* Dr. Evazans, and I'll let you guess who received the most recent one. Cursing It really puzzles me how he's pulled four of the same VR (50% of the league has one), yet at least 2 people don't have an uncommon X-1. Huh

Even though it contains a wasted VR, if anyone wants my UH booster this week for a CS or RotS, let me know. Flapper LOL

And here I am sitting with the biggest game changer pieces being handed to me.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 9:17:40 AM

UPDATED! ThumbsUp

To everyone: To help stagger the results a bit (and since everyone seems to be getting 3-pt wins), all losers will be recieving +1 point just for playing your game ThumpUp .

SuperYodaMan wrote:

WHAT THE...Scared You...you...betrayed me!

Honestly though, it's not my fault. My pulls here on Bloomilk are probably as wacky as ED's Vassal dice rolls. Since you know how bad my luck is when I *apparently* pull a UH booster for you, might as well choosing a different booster such as CS or RS. Both have a high percentage of great V/Rs for this time period in SWM, so you're (almost) guarenteed to pull something at least decent. Of course...you'll probably say I'll pull you a Capt. Typho or Wampa for that matter. RollEyes Razz

plokoon9619 wrote:
And here I am sitting with the biggest game changer pieces being handed to me.

Lol, yes we all know, no need to rub it in.
stinkracer
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 10:43:12 PM

I would like to join the fun of this League, maybe in the next set of matches? I am also confused, are you physically mailing boosters to people?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 10:53:34 PM

stinkracer wrote:
I would like to join the fun of this League, maybe in the next set of matches? I am also confused, are you physically mailing boosters to people?

Signups for the league were over a month ago, so you cannot join the current league. Also, there are no physical minis being used here; all games are played online using the SWM mod for the Vassal engine. Boosters are created using the open booster function on this site.
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 11:36:50 PM

ok so for a bit of fun i opened a whole bunch of UH boosters on here, here's what I pulled:

1. Dash Rendar
2. Ponda Baba
3. Lando
4. BARC Speeder and Luke on Tauntaun
5. Kyle Katarn
6. Han RH
7. Baron Fel
8. Nien Nunb
9. Vader JH
10. Prince Xizor
11. Chewie RH
12. Admiral Ackbar
13. Luke on Tauntaun
14. Baron Fel
15.Nom Anor

Not too bad seeing no Dr. E.

I didn't pay attention to UC's but I know I didn't get too many Viper Droids if any.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:02:08 AM

cicrush13 wrote:
ok so for a bit of fun i opened a whole bunch of UH boosters on here, here's what I pulled:

1. Dash Rendar
2. Ponda Baba
3. Lando
4. BARC Speeder and Luke on Tauntaun
5. Kyle Katarn
6. Han RH
7. Baron Fel
8. Nien Nunb
9. Vader JH
10. Prince Xizor
11. Chewie RH
12. Admiral Ackbar
13. Luke on Tauntaun
14. Baron Fel
15.Nom Anor

Not too bad seeing no Dr. E.

Creme? Is there something you're not telling us? ......... Glare
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:53:42 AM

stinkracer wrote:

You still might be able to join for a bit. One player is going away on a trip for the last 2 weeks, so I'll keep you post to whether you can take your place?

Do you have/know how to operate Vassal? Do you have Vassal? If not, check out the tutorial thread in these Vassal sub-forums (I believe it's a stickied thread).