RegisterDonateLogin

Let the Bloo Milk win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:04:46 PM
Groups: Member

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'm trying to get my matches in, but I have not heard anything whatsoever from Wannabe Mexican since the 29th.

Are you serious? He's my opponent this week. I just sent him a BM, but if he hasn't even gotten back to you in two weeks, I highly doubt I'll get a response any time soon. I don't mind RS so much, but I'd hate to get a second one this late in the "season" just because my opponent is two whole games behind.

What booster I get aside, as it is I may not even be able to compete in the 3rd and last rounds of the finals if I get that far because I'm starting college at the end of this month. If wannabe and everyone else who still has late games to play don't respond, can't get their games in a reasonable amount of time, and thereby push back the start date of the finals any later than they already have, I may not be able to compete further at all and will have to drop out (my availability for things like this once I start school will be next to zero). I would really hate to drop out after coming this far with such a good record, and I'd hate even more to screw up this whole league for everyone else after they have put so much time into it. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be my fault if this were the case, as I can only wait for everyone else to catch up and have no control over what they do. I'm not saying that my potential dropout would be wholly their fault, but it certainly wouldn't be completely mine because I would just be a man whose circumstances are beyond his control (<== thumbs up if you get the reference Tongue ).
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:51:52 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'm trying to get my matches in, but I have not heard anything whatsoever from Wannabe Mexican since the 29th.

WM notified me at the beginning of the league that he would be gone in August. So for now Ill send you your booster for playing him and you can skip to your next week. Im not sure how Ill work out getting bye wins against him but I will keep you all posted. Thanks
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:28:16 PM

creme_brule wrote:
WM notified me at the beginning of the league that he would be gone in August. So for now Ill send you your booster for playing him and you can skip to your next week.

So what am I supposed to do? I don't have a "next week" to skip to; he is my opponent for the final week and, like I said, I can't wait too much longer to get the finals started.
Segastorm
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:47:49 PM

sorry about how busy I've been, I'll get in some VASSAL games as soon as I can (probably today or tomorrow)
plokoon9619
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:15:33 PM

plokoon9619 vs R5Don
153-83, Winner Me
Map Cloud City

Used force whirlwind, game. Vader ate apart the AT-ST and Chewbacca.

I will take UH and R5 wants RS.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:02:53 PM

Well, for all intents and purposes, it's Wednesday now and wannabe has not contacted me at all yet. I'm beginning to seriously worry about finishing this league, especially considering that there are numerous outstanding games that have still not yet been reported. Creme, did wannabe tell you exactly how long he'd be gone?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:30:00 PM

EmporerDragon vs. Cicrush13

EmporerDragon wins via forfeit 125-45

Yoda and the viper slammed into each other head on, with Yoda limping away the victor. The game was called after a clone rushed Han and eliminated him.

I'll take RotS, cicrush wasn't sure what he wants yet.

Quote:
I'm beginning to seriously worry about finishing this league, especially considering that there are numerous outstanding games that have still not yet been reported.

Fortunately, we're right at the end. After this week is the playoffs to end the league.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:53:01 PM

Ive been super busy guys; sorry about not updating for awhile. I will update it either tomorrow or thursday. I think I will just give everyone a bye-win against WM; unless you guys have any suggestions.

Sorry about the mess.

PM if you still need to play WM and I will send you a (RS) booster.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:28:37 PM

creme_brule wrote:
I think I will just give everyone a bye-win against WM; unless you guys have any suggestions.

That doesn't help me at all, though, because he is my opponent for this week; I don't have a "late" game to play against him. I want to know what I should do in this situation. If he was available, I would have played my match by now, most likely even last week. Four boosters are already gone and I don't feel that it's fair to keep me waiting for wannabe to respond when we all know that he's somewhere else right now, while everyone else gets their games against him dismissed and get an automatic win. If everyone else gets a bye win against him, I feel I should get the same if he doesn't respond by later today. If I do get the bye win and he does show up later in the week after all, I'll be more than happy to give up my bye win and actually play him on the condition that I get to keep the booster I picked for the bye win.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:33:20 AM

UH loser for week 7 for me
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:18:17 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
I think I will just give everyone a bye-win against WM; unless you guys have any suggestions.

That doesn't help me at all, though, because he is my opponent for this week; I don't have a "late" game to play against him. I want to know what I should do in this situation. If he was available, I would have played my match by now, most likely even last week. Four boosters are already gone and I don't feel that it's fair to keep me waiting for wannabe to respond when we all know that he's somewhere else right now, while everyone else gets their games against him dismissed and get an automatic win. If everyone else gets a bye win against him, I feel I should get the same if he doesn't respond by later today. If I do get the bye win and he does show up later in the week after all, I'll be more than happy to give up my bye win and actually play him on the condition that I get to keep the booster I picked for the bye win.

Yea, don't worry about it. Move on to your next opponent. I'll be sending boosters shortly.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:20:55 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Yea, don't worry about it. Move on to your next opponent. I'll be sending boosters shortly.

Wannabe is my next and final opponent. That's what I've been trying to say this whole time! Cursing I don't have any other games I need to play. I've completed all my other games, and I'm waiting for him for my final, week 7 game!
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:31:37 PM

It is now Saturday and wannabe is still nowhere to be found. I don't want to keep waiting when we all know he's still gone, especially when the finals should be starting tomorrow,so I'd like the bye win against him as well, and then I'd like to move straight into the finals ASAP. If we continue delaying the start of the finals, or you may very well find out that you'll be short a player (read: me), and all this time put into the league will have been for naught.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:10:32 PM

Alright guys! Playoffs will now commence! Here is the play off schedule:

Round 1:
Game 1: SYM vs. WM (Auto win for SYM)
Game 2: plokoon9619 vs. Demosthenes
Game 3: R5Don4 vs. cicrush13
Game 4: EmporerDragon vs. Segastorm

Round 2:
Game 5: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 3
Game 6: Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 4

Round 3:
Game 7: Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6

CHAMPION: Winner of Game 7!

Good luck all! I have sent you all a "bonus" UH booster for some extra luck! :)
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:39:01 PM

Game 3

cicrush13 vs R5Don4

cicrush13 wins 170 to 46

Pretty much our shooters hitting one another. He missed quite a few saves even though he hit most attacks.

Good game Don!ThumbsUp
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:59:02 AM

EmporerDragon vs. Segastorm Playoff Match

EmporerDragon wins 35-30

It may look like a low point game, but the game was conceded with major damage to high point characters.

Edit: Badspeller, who was watching wanted to see how the rest of the game would play out and thus took segastorm's place and rolled back the game to the beginning of the last round. He did some really nice tricks with Han and Leia, but I still won in the end 159-93
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:19:11 AM

Awesome! Looks like everyone has completed their playoff games! (Demos conceded to plo). So heres Round 2:
SYM vs. cicrush13
ED vs. plokoon9619
plokoon9619
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 9:00:58 AM

Haven't goten a message from from ED, is everyone just gonna forfeit against the Door Bot, the Warmaster, and the Jedi Hunter?
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 5:26:03 AM

plokoon9619 wrote:
Haven't goten a message from from ED, is everyone just gonna forfeit against the Door Bot, the Warmaster, and the Jedi Hunter?

Hopefully not.
plokoon9619
Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 3:47:31 PM

Still haven't received a message.