RegisterDonateLogin

That's game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:04:53 AM
Groups: Member

I have messaged Terrence, just waiting to hear back. Obviously not too happy about probably getting the dregs of the booster poolAngry BigGrin BlooMilk
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:35:12 AM

Ouch, sorry to hear that ED. I thought that yourbrea from VASSAL might mean a bit more luck the next time you got on. Apparently not lol.

wannabe mexican wrote:
I have messaged Terrence, just waiting to hear back. Obviously not too happy about probably getting the dregs of the booster poolAngry BigGrin BlooMilk

Who knows, maybe you'll pull Boba Fett....(stares innocently at the ceiling)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:49:09 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Ouch, sorry to hear that ED. I thought that yourbrea from VASSAL might mean a bit more luck the next time you got on. Apparently not lol.

I'm not too heartbroken about it as during the match UPS dropped off my copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. So I'll be playing that 'til my eyes bleed.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 12:58:29 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
creme_brule wrote:

I'm not too heartbroken about it as during the match UPS dropped off my copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. So I'll be playing that 'til my eyes bleed.

Sounds fun! Good thing there aren't any generated D20s in that game.
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2011 12:29:18 PM

Week 2 Match

SuperYodaMan vs. R5Don4

Map winner SYM ----->Ravaged Base

Winner SuperYodaMan 3 pt win

152 to 72

GG. No matter how many crits I rolled (and I rolled a lot of crits!) I couldn't chew through all that beef.

We both want Universe Boosters please
wannabe mexican
Posted: Saturday, July 2, 2011 6:19:13 PM

Terrance Withers still hasn't gotten back to me, so can I just skip that game, get a booster and play him later?
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, July 3, 2011 9:46:54 AM

UPDATED 7/3!

TO EVERYONE: UPDATED

Apparently there is a dispute about the Bloomilk time as the official time to post matches. So, starting this week (Week 2) the official time will be United States EST.

wannabe mexican wrote:
Terrance Withers still hasn't gotten back to me, so can I just skip that game, get a booster and play him later?

Thanks for posting your problem. Has he gotten back to you at all? Have you scheduled an appointed time at all? I'll send you your RS Booster, but PM me or post here what's going on. Thanks.
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 9:54:00 AM

I had a couple of ideas for a future mini distribution adding to Creme's system for the old school league.

It would be great if we could trade our minis within the league. We could have a trade thread and make offers to each other for what we have and what we are looking for. It would help with variety in squad building, that tends to get stale after a while.

It would also be cool if the league admin could maintain a store that we could "sell" our extra minis to and "buy" back at inflated prices. If he wants to open a booster to bolster his stock that would be cool too.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 2:34:02 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
I had a couple of ideas for a future mini distribution adding to Creme's system for the old school league.

It would be great if we could trade our minis within the league. We could have a trade thread and make offers to each other for what we have and what we are looking for. It would help with variety in squad building, that tends to get stale after a while.

It would also be cool if the league admin could maintain a store that we could "sell" our extra minis to and "buy" back at inflated prices. If he wants to open a booster to bolster his stock that would be cool too.

I seriously love those ideas! Those are great ideas and Id love incorporating them in my next league....but there's a couple problems. First and foremost, both ideas would require a extreme amount of manual work on the admin's part, and probably a lot of work on the players' part too. In addition, for the trading part, how would each player maintain their collection and remember which characters theyve traded/aquired?
Lastly (and the most serious problem IMHO), is the accountability/honesty part about this. It would be extremely easy for players to pretend to trade characters they dont have; or trade characters and then still use those characters in a match....etc. The only solution I can see to this is for the admin to constantly check everything--and again, it would require a crazy amount of time devoted to this on the admin's part.
Ideas/Solutions to these problems would be great. :)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 5:32:24 PM

The only solutions I'd see would be to have another person or two help with the administration to keep everything accurate or design from the ground up an actual, working game version of SWM that has integrated league inventories and trading. One's a bit harder than the other though.
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 7:35:29 PM

Bloomilk can keep inventories. You just have to make new accounts for each player with names like "R5Don4'sInventory". The best way to keep everyone honest would be to make everyone's inventory public. If we were all playing at a store together, opening boosters together it would be the same. I don't think the secret squads element to the league is that big a deal, as there aren't real hate squads possible.

With a small number of players and a limited number of sets, I think it should be manageable without an exhaustive amount of work.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:00:40 AM

@ED: Yea, both of those would work. I like the new program idea, but Im no computer whiz so I dont think that would work for me :P Unless theres someone else whos good at it.

R5Don4 wrote:
Bloomilk can keep inventories. You just have to make new accounts for each player with names like "R5Don4'sInventory". The best way to keep everyone honest would be to make everyone's inventory public. If we were all playing at a store together, opening boosters together it would be the same. I don't think the secret squads element to the league is that big a deal, as there aren't real hate squads possible.

With a small number of players and a limited number of sets, I think it should be manageable without an exhaustive amount of work.

That seems like a much more manageable idea. :) The only thing about making everyone's collection public is that some people can check other people's collection; see what that person needs, and then charge outrageous deals knowing that person needs the specific characters. Of course; I just seem paranoid about all these problems so dont take my word for it. :P I might incorporate this idea mid-way into the league; or just wait until another league to start it up.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:02:13 AM

@ED: Yea, both of those would work. I like the new program idea, but Im no computer whiz so I dont think that would work for me :P Unless theres someone else whos good at it.

R5Don4 wrote:

That seems like a much more manageable idea. :) The only thing about making everyone's collection public is that some people can check other people's collection; see what that person needs, and then charge outrageous deals knowing that person needs the specific characters. Of course; I just seem paranoid about all these problems so dont take my word for it. :P I might incorporate this idea mid-way into the league; or just wait until another league to start it up.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:44:56 AM

creme_brule wrote:
The only thing about making everyone's collection public is that some people can check other people's collection; see what that person needs, and then charge outrageous deals knowing that person needs the specific characters.

Isn't that how it works in real life though?
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:47:44 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
The only thing about making everyone's collection public is that some people can check other people's collection; see what that person needs, and then charge outrageous deals knowing that person needs the specific characters.

Lol touche.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:00:21 AM

R5Don4 wrote:

I love this idea. I actually jokingly suggested it to creme in a BM after the booster pulls I got were less than mediocre... Anyway, this would be a cool idea, because it has the potential to make the league more fair; players who get good figures that they can't or don't want to use aren't just stuck with them and can get rid of them for better figures or more filler pieces. Also, players who consistently get crappy pulls can just sell a bunch of the figures they aren't going to use to accumulate points to buy better ones. This would also introduce more pieces into the games throughout the league because a lot of pieces, namely the very rare ones, don't get pulled that often. It would allow players to craft certain strategies/squads based on certain figures, too.

However, I think it would be best to hold off on this idea until a new league starts. Changing the system and the way the league will play partway through could prove to be a little chaotic. Besides, waiting would give us an opportunity to hear more suggestions, test them, and work out the kinks in the system.

R5Don4 wrote:

This probably is the best idea, especially because the "inventories" can be reset for every new league, avoiding the creation of tens of new BlooMilk accounts that will hardly ever be used (i.e. site "clutter" for shinja to deal with). As far as the "hate squads" go, with a new system that can allow players to pick and choose certain figures for their squad, the randomness and chance aspect of a booster league is rather diminished. This does open the possibility for players to construct squads specifically designed to defeat certain characters, opponents, squad styles, etc. It may be difficult or impractical to do so, but it would still be possible.

creme_brule wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
Lol touche.

That's called free-market economics, my friend. BigGrin (Ah, I miss my AP Microeconomics class...) By the way, that "e" needs an accent: touché (<== yeah, Macs are cool like that; they can effortlessly make accent marks, whereas Windows makes you push a sequence of keys. LOL )

I'll stop now before my post gets longer or more off topic. Great idea, though, Don! ThumpUp
plokoon9619
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:33:54 AM

plokoon9619 vs wannablemexican

Map: Jedi Praxeum(Yavin Temple)

Score at end 105-140(me)

Winner is me

I pick Clone Strike, Mexican picks RotS
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:44:57 AM

plokoon9619 wrote:

Score at end 105-140(me)

Winner is me

Is that a 3- or 2-pt win?
plokoon9619
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:46:35 AM

creme_brule wrote:
plokoon9619 wrote:

Score at end 105-140(me)

Winner is me

Is that a 3- or 2-pt win?

R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:02:52 PM

Nice to see a positive response.

For example here would be my list of haves to trade or sell to the league store:

CS 40 General Grievous Very Rare 1
RotS 31 General Grievous, Jedi Hunter Very Rare 1
UH 17 Dr. Evazan Very Rare 1
RS 56 Bossk Rare 1
RS 32 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
CS 48 Super Battle Droid Uncommon 1
CS 59 Wookiee Commando Uncommon 1
RotS 60 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
UH 3 Elite Clone Trooper Uncommon 1
UH 11 Super Battle Droid Commander Uncommon 1
UH 27 Reek Uncommon 1
UH 59 Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern Uncommon 1
RS 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel Common 1
RotS 16 Polis Massa Medic Common 1
UH 20 Kaminoan Ascetic Common 1
UH 55 New Republic Trooper Common 1
UH 60 Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Common 1

Nothing too great here that anyone would want to trade for so most likely I would just sell it to the store for probably the equivalent of a new booster or a few decent uncommons or a good rare provided they have it in stock. Maybe I would get a little more considering I have 3 VRs although they do suck.