RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build strong bones and healthy initiative rolls.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 1:02:34 AM
Groups: Member

creme_brule wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
can't wait to see what you pull next

Lol my pulls have been sucking most recently sadly for you guys. Im on a VR dry spell.

I'll take what I can get. If it's all crap I'll add it to my sell list to the store. Wink
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 3:32:42 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
I was thinking more of the free market approach with play money rather than flat points. The store would charge exponentially more than it would buy for. Better (higher in demand) minis would cost more and would also award more. As the league continued and the pool of minis available minis would grow, prices would fluctuate with demand. The pool of available boosters to buy as a whole should be limited.

for example back to my pool of minis for sale to the store:

Store would buy these VRs for 3 bucks each and sell them for 9
CS 40 General Grievous Very Rare 1
RotS 31 General Grievous, Jedi Hunter Very Rare 1
UH 17 Dr. Evazan Very Rare 1

This rare would yeild 1 buck and sell for 4

RS 56 Bossk Rare 1

These uncommons would sell for .50 cents and sell for 2 bucks

RS 32 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
CS 48 Super Battle Droid Uncommon 1
CS 59 Wookiee Commando Uncommon 1
RotS 60 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
UH 3 Elite Clone Trooper Uncommon 1
UH 11 Super Battle Droid Commander Uncommon 1
UH 27 Reek Uncommon 1
UH 59 Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern Uncommon 1

Commons 20 cents and sell for 1 buck

RS 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel Common 1
RotS 16 Polis Massa Medic Common 1
UH 20 Kaminoan Ascetic Common 1
UH 55 New Republic Trooper Common 1
UH 60 Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Common 1

as stocks inventories stack up, prices go down, the hotter selling minis can sell for more just like real life.

So say you bought all this I'd have $15 credit. But hey boosters start at $18 so I still have to wait a while to buy one or I could just hang on to them for my personal trade pool with the other players. Oh and Universe boosters because they are huge are $25 bucks just like my LGS Sad

I think in this is manageable with only 4 sets, if you try to do this with 18 sets you might need a full time staff.

Updated with new haves to sell

Store would buy these VRs for 3 bucks each and sell them for 9

CS 40 General Grievous Very Rare 1
RotS 31 General Grievous, Jedi Hunter Very Rare 1
UH 17 Dr. Evazan Very Rare 1
UH 58 Warmaster Tsavong Lah Very Rare 1 New

This rare would yeild 1 buck and sell for 4

RS 56 Bossk Rare 1

These uncommons would sell for .50 cents and sell for 2 bucks
RS 32 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
CS 48 Super Battle Droid Uncommon 1
CS 59 Wookiee Commando Uncommon 1
RotS 60 Royal Guard Uncommon 1
UH 3 Elite Clone Trooper Uncommon 1
UH 6 Battle Droid Uncommon x 2 New
UH 11 Super Battle Droid Commander Uncommon 1
UH 13 Acklay Uncommon 1 New
UH 27 Reek Uncommon 1
UH 28 Rodian Black Sun Vigo Uncommon 1 New
UH 29 Shistavanen Pilot Uncommon 1 New
UH 59 Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern Uncommon 1

Commons 20 cents and sell for 1 buck

RS 59 Twi'lek Scoundrel Common 1
RotS 16 Polis Massa Medic Common 1
UH 12 Abyssin Black Sun Thug Common 1 New
UH 20 Kaminoan Ascetic Common 1
UH 31 Vornskr Common x 2 New
UH 55 New Republic Trooper Common 1
UH 60 Yuuzhan Vong Warrior Common 1

Now my total would be $21.10 credit. Not enough to buy a $25 Universe booster but it would be enough to buy a regular size booster or I could hold out until next time or buy some stock to help optimize either the squad I am currently running or to build a new squad from pieces I'm holding on to. Say I cash in and buy a CS booster for $18.00 leaving me with $3.10.

I get:

CS 5 Captain Typho
CS 53 Ishi Tib Scout
CS 56 Quarren Raider
CS 6 Clone Trooper
CS 58 Weequay Mercenary
CS 28 Battle Droid
CS 41 Geonosian Drone

Not such a great booster. A couple of neat Fringers but nothing that really fits with my build. I can either sell it all back to the store for $2.80 or I can hold on to it for a while or try to trade it.

By continually selling back to the store, if I'm not getting what I need, I'm dwindling my resources but at the same time I am helping my fellow players by adding to the pool of minis available for them to choose from to optimize their squads.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:05:05 AM

This is starting to get ridiculous. I've now pulled 3 Dr. Evazans. THREE!!!!!!!!! That's literally a ratio of pulling one per week. Ugh. Sorry players.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:51:48 AM

creme_brule wrote:
This is starting to get ridiculous. I've now pulled 3 Dr. Evazans. THREE!!!!!!!!! That's literally a ratio of pulling one per week. Ugh. Sorry players.

Isn't he Very Rare, too? That's just embarrassing. You should go out and buy real boosters and tell us what you get. That way you don't get BlooMilk ensuring that the average one R/VR per booster statistic is satisfied and the pulls might actually be somewhat decent. Tongue
plokoon9619
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:55:32 AM

I tested a bunch of booster pulls, a few of them were broken considering I got a Vader, JH as a rare pull along with another VR.
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 12:15:45 PM

that is not broken. Huge boosters can have 2 Rs/VRs. One regular sized, one huge.
plokoon9619
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:39:38 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
that is not broken. Huge boosters can have 2 Rs/VRs. One regular sized, one huge.

However, Vader JH, isn't a rare, hes a very rare.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:54:54 PM

plokoon9619 wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

It's still possible to pull more than one R/VR figure in one booster, it's just highly unlikely. I just don't like the fact that BlooMilk boosters always contain one R/VR figure, two UCs, and four Cs. This just doesn't happen with real boosters. If you ask me, ensuring the ideal "rarity ratio" of figures pulled in boosters 100% of the time is broken.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 3:30:27 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
plokoon9619 wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

It's still possible to pull more than one R/VR figure in one booster, it's just highly unlikely. I just don't like the fact that BlooMilk boosters always contain one R/VR figure, two UCs, and four Cs. This just doesn't happen with real boosters. If you ask me, ensuring the ideal "rarity ratio" of figures pulled in boosters 100% of the time is broken.

Ummm....the "highly unlikely" is more like .00000000000000000000001% chance of it legitimately happening. Ive only heard of it happening ONCE (Draay + Sion in one booster with matching stat cards) while a few other times people have pulled 2 V/R in a single booster; though one is the figure and the other is the card.

However; if youre talking about Huge boosters; BlooMilk does sometimes pull a Huge V/R. Though I dont think thats what you were asking. :P
plokoon9619
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 9:37:42 AM

circrush13 vs plokoon9619

Map Throne Room

136-pk-108-crush

Match came to the decision for one piece to make the shot and finish off either of the big scorers. The attack failed.

Winner plokoon9619

We both pick Clone Strike.
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 10:24:15 AM

DVJH is not a VR he is a Rare
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 10:38:46 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:

Regular boosters will always contain 1 R/VR 2 UC and 4 C

Huge Boosters will always contain 1 Huge that may be VR/R or UC; 1 regular sized VR/R; 2 UC and 3 C

If you are not getting this breakdown from your boosters they have been tampered with.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:18:30 PM

R5Don4 wrote:

Huge Boosters will always contain 1 Huge that may be VR/R or UC; 1 regular sized VR/R; 2 UC and 3 C

If you are not getting this breakdown from your boosters they have been tampered with.

Really? I thought it was completely random. If there were specific "rarities" of figures that were in each booster, then the "rarity" really doesn't mean anything. I would be willing to bet that at least 50%, maybe more, of any boosters I ever got did not have a R/VR in them. If every single booster had a rare or very rare figure in it, the figures really wouldn't be all that rare anymore, now would they? If that breakdown is correct, I would have pulled a lot more rare figures in boosters than I did. As it was, I bought most of my rare figures. I guess I'll have to go out and buy a couple boosters to test this. The problem is the darned things are so hard to find nowadays unless you buy them online, especially from the first five or so sets.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:28:31 PM

In the Clone Wars set, there are 12 commons, 12 uncommons, 8 rares, and 8 very rares. In each booster, you get 4 commons, 2 uncommons, and 1 rare or very rare (you have 2/3 of a chance of getting a rare rather than a very rare).

So in each booster, the chances of getting a specific piece you want are:
Common: 4/12 = 1/3
Uncommon: 2/12 = 1/6
Rare = 2/3 * 1/8 = 1/12
Very Rare = 1/3 * 1/8 = 1/24

You'll always get either a rare or very rare in a booster, but your chances of getting the one you want are pretty low, hence the rare.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 4:29:25 PM

One little thing to note though about pulling a specific piece: Commons and Uncommons are clustered. The Cs/UCs are divided up into groups and one mini from each group is put into the booster. This was done to ensure a more varied booster as well as prevent duplicates of a piece with multiple sculpts.
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:17:44 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

Really? I thought it was completely random. If there were specific "rarities" of figures that were in each booster, then the "rarity" really doesn't mean anything. I would be willing to bet that at least 50%, maybe more, of any boosters I ever got did not have a R/VR in them. If every single booster had a rare or very rare figure in it, the figures really wouldn't be all that rare anymore, now would they? If that breakdown is correct, I would have pulled a lot more rare figures in boosters than I did. As it was, I bought most of my rare figures. I guess I'll have to go out and buy a couple boosters to test this. The problem is the darned things are so hard to find nowadays unless you buy them online, especially from the first five or so sets.

Here is a word of advice: stop buying boosters at garage sales sealed with scotch tape and band-aids. Razz
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:20:42 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
SuperYodaMan wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

Here is a word of advice: stop buying boosters at garage sales sealed with scotch tape and band-aids. Razz

LOL All of the boosters that I bought (which actually wasn't very many) in the past either came from Target or similar stores, Schinder's, or coolstuffinc.com (which I have found to be a very trustworthy and reliable website; it carries just about anything you can think of in regards to minis, TCGs, and RPGs). Maybe I just have a really bad memory; I haven't bought a booster in years.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:14:15 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:
SuperYodaMan wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

LOL All of the boosters that I bought (which actually wasn't very many) in the past either came from Target or similar stores, Schinder's, or coolstuffinc.com (which I have found to be a very trustworthy and reliable website; it carries just about anything you can think of in regards to minis, TCGs, and RPGs). Maybe I just have a really bad memory; I haven't bought a booster in years.

Lol there have been booster that have been tampered with at Target. Where did you get the majority of your boosters?
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:23:25 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Lol there have been booster that have been tampered with at Target. Where did you get the majority of your boosters?

I think I got most of them through coolstuffinc.com. They are a very reliable, honest, and well-priced site. I have had good results with orders I placed with them, and I can't imagine they would get away with selling tampered boosters as new. Like I said, I probably just have a really bad memory.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:27:25 AM

Demosthenes vs. SuperYodaMan

132-163, SuperYodaMan wins

This was a nail-biter. Demos started off the game with a crit and a hit on my huge meat shield, dealing 90 damage, and then slowly proceeded to take out my melee beatstick. Several crits on AoOs later, and due to the inaccuracy of Demos' big hitter (which didn't take a single hit the whole game), I was able to kill a couple high 20s-points figures and hold on to gambit just long enough for the win. It was probably the closest game I've ever played.

Demos would like a RotS, and I'll try my luck with an RS.