Is NOT a committee!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' League Standings and Schedule (Playoffs commenced!) Options
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:10:26 AM
Groups: Member

SuperYodaMan wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
ok so for a bit of fun i opened a whole bunch of UH boosters on here, here's what I pulled:

1. Dash Rendar
2. Ponda Baba
3. Lando
4. BARC Speeder and Luke on Tauntaun
5. Kyle Katarn
6. Han RH
7. Baron Fel
8. Nien Nunb
9. Vader JH
10. Prince Xizor
11. Chewie RH
12. Admiral Ackbar
13. Luke on Tauntaun
14. Baron Fel
15.Nom Anor

Not too bad seeing no Dr. E.

Creme? Is there something you're not telling us? ......... Glare

lol
LOL

creme - know that I just wanted to see if your luck was as bad as mine.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:18:12 AM

I just tried 15 boosters myself and I got:

Guri
Ponda Baba
Leia, RH
Nute Gunray
Dr. Evazan
Nien Nunb
Lando, HoT
Ponda Baba
Prince Xizor
B'omarr Monk
Clone trooper on BARC/Admiral Ackbar
Wedge Antilles
Nien Nunb
Rancor/Baron Fel
Dr. Evazan

So look on the bright side: I'm not the one pulling the boosters.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:58:23 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I just tried 15 boosters myself and I got:

Guri
Ponda Baba
Leia, RH
Nute Gunray
Dr. Evazan
Nien Nunb
Lando, HoT
Ponda Baba
Prince Xizor
B'omarr Monk
Clone trooper on BARC/Admiral Ackbar
Wedge Antilles
Nien Nunb
Rancor/Baron Fel
Dr. Evazan

So look on the bright side: I'm not the one pulling the boosters.

I'd still rather have you pull than creme given what I've gotten as of late; I'd take a Guri, B'omarr, and, heck, maybe even Wedge over an Evazan and two Anakins (CS and RotS).
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:29:16 AM

Boosters are random and there's no sense making one person pull them over another person.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:38:06 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Boosters are random and there's no sense making one person pull them over another person.

Blink I know. It was supposed to be a joke. Well, more like sarcasm, but whatever. LOL
plokoon9619
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:14:18 AM

Demo vs Me
Map Cloud City
174-22 Gambit

Vader wiped out all opposition except for Mace/X1 after the Acklay assumed Gambit which of course wasn't really needed since I rolled 40 points of reserve and could have just left the Geo Overseer on the spot.

I win, Demo picks ROTS for the booster.
I will pick Clone Strike.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:12:58 AM

Again, the 15-point gambit is what killed me. At the end of the match, I had a nearly-full HP Mace and a nearly-full HP X-1. He had a 40HP Vader.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:38:33 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Again, the 15-point gambit is what killed me. At the end of the match, I had a nearly-full HP Mace and a nearly-full HP X-1. He had a 40HP Vader.

Thanks for letting me know. I will keep that in mind for the playoffs and future leagues. If you have any problems with the league or issues that make it unfair, don't be afraid to post or PM me the problem(s).
plokoon9619
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:01:38 PM

SYM vs Plokoon9619
Map: Cloud City
85-163 Gambit

Winner Me ^_^

Vader walked over everyone, Reek didn't really stop him from swiping at 4 guys at the end of the game.

We both Pick Universe
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:05:17 PM

Looks like me and Wannabe Mexican will be late in getting our match in.

We had initially scheduled our match for Tuesday, but wound up missing each other as we messed up the time difference between us. We rescheduled for Thursday night, but I did not encounter Wannabe at the scheduled time. I have yet to hear back from him about a re-rescheduling.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:48:24 PM

plokoon9619 wrote:
SYM vs Plokoon9619
85-163 Gambit

Winner Me ^_^

Vader walked over everyone, Reek didn't really stop him from swiping at 4 guys at the end of the game.

We both Pick Universe

Final score was actually 94-170 (not that it changes anything, but it'd be nice to have the official score on record).

Yeah, I pretty much lost this one with the map roll (he picked Cloud City). My attack rolls were absolute garbage again this week; less than half of the very few attack rolls I was able to make actually hit. We basically played ring-around-the-rosy for the first several rounds because R2 kept locking me in the central structure (I started on the left) until his army was in place. Plo won this largely because of gambit; he had one figure sit on the one square of gambit open to the right side, which happened to basically be an alcove, so I couldn't get at it because it was hiding behind Vader. If Gambit hadn't been worth 15pts. but rather the normal 5pts., plo had only 6 figures that could've gotten Gambit points (the majority of his army was 4pt. Battle Droids). Of those 6 figures, one was a commander that stayed hidden in the back the whole game, one was Vader who was on offense most of the time, and one was R2, which stayed on the opposite end of the map for most of the game. That leaves 3 pieces that could've captured Gambit, and I killed one of them. Now that's 2. Two pieces that could get gambit compared to practically my entire squad (7 of 8 figures).

I'm fully convinced that I could have won if gambit hadn't been worth so much, as the game would have lasted longer and I would have played less aggressively, and probably would've been able to take out Vader; I knocked him down to 80HP by the end, and I essentially had a 160HP Reek with a two 20-30DMG shooters and a stun figure to back him up. I'm also convinced that I could've won if it had been a different map (one without doors). Basically, I can sum up my post very briefly; 15-pt. Gambit is nuts, Override is b.s., and Cloud City sucks. ThumbDown

It was a well played game, though, on both sides. One stupid mistake by me early on completely sealed my fate, and I applaud plo for seeing it and capitalizing on it. Otherwise, it was pretty one-sided. Razz
plokoon9619
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:09:48 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
plokoon9619 wrote:
SYM vs Plokoon9619
85-163 Gambit

Winner Me ^_^

We both Pick Universe

Final score was actually 94-170 (not that it changes anything, but it'd be nice to have the official score on record).

Yeah, I pretty much lost this one with the map roll (he picked Cloud City). My attack rolls were absolute garbage again this week; less than half of the very few attack rolls I was able to make actually hit. We basically played ring-around-the-rosy for the first several rounds because R2 kept locking me in the central structure (I started on the left) until his army was in place. Plo won this largely because of gambit; he had one figure sit on the one square of gambit open to the right side, which happened to basically be an alcove, so I couldn't get at it because it was hiding behind Vader. If Gambit hadn't been worth 15pts. but rather the normal 5pts., plo had only 6 figures that could've gotten Gambit points (the majority of his army was 4pt. Battle Droids). Of those 6 figures, one was a commander that stayed hidden in the back the whole game, one was Vader who was on offense most of the time, and one was R2, which stayed on the opposite end of the map for most of the game. That leaves 3 pieces that could've captured Gambit, and I killed one of them. Now that's 2. Two pieces that could get gambit compared to practically my entire squad (7 of 8 figures).

I'm fully convinced that I could have won if gambit hadn't been worth so much, as the game would have lasted longer and I would have played less aggressively, and probably would've been able to take out Vader; I knocked him down to 80HP by the end, and I essentially had a 160HP Reek with a two 20-30DMG shooters and a stun figure to back him up. I'm also convinced that I could've won if it had been a different map (one without doors). Basically, I can sum up my post very briefly; 15-pt. Gambit is nuts, Override is b.s., and Cloud City sucks. ThumbDown

It was a well played game, though, on both sides. One stupid mistake by me early on completely sealed my fate, and I applaud plo for seeing it and capitalizing on it. Otherwise, it was pretty one-sided. Razz

Gambit can only be scored by pieces with a cost of 15 points or more.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:51:21 AM

plokoon9619 wrote:
Gambit can only be scored by pieces with a cost of 15 points or more.

I know. What's your point? The scenario I outlined was if Gambit was the regular 5 points. When I was talking about my entire squad being able to score, I meant for normal Gambit, not the 15pt. version. If we had played 5pt. Gambit, I wouldn't have had to worry about Gambit so much, your Battle Droids wouldn't have been able to score, San and R2 wouldn't have gone near battle, and Vader would be better off playing offense instead of trying to get Gambit, so you effectively would've had only 3 pieces that could score Gambit as opposed to my 7.

Since Gambit was worth 15pts. in our game, you only had Vader and the Overseer that could score Gambit. I thought that the best chance I had at winning was to try to kill Vader first. In retrospect, I should've killed your Overseer when I had two chances to do so because then Vader would've been the only figure you had that could've scored Gambit, but to do so he would've basically backed himself into a corner. Oh well. Live and learn, I guess. I had the squad that could've easily won, but I played wrong and you did very well capitalizing on my mistakes (especially taking out that Imp Officer early; he could've been a game changer). If we had played on the Rancor Pit instead of Cloud City, though, I think Vader wouldn't've had a chance. Flapper

BTW, you still didn't fix the final score. Meh
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 12:12:07 AM

I agree with this.

This honestly cost me 2 games (one was awesome though so I really don't care about that). The other game however was played very slow and when you add 15 pts per round (10% of total score BTW), it adds up fast.

Not thrilled with the new gambit to be very honest.

The next league I run will not have gambit at all, just points from what you kill. That will shift the focus from hiding a piece in gambit to actually killing something else instead.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:43:00 AM

*IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ!*

Week 6 will last 2 weeks instead of the normal single week (Week 7 will be postponed for one week) due to GenCon happening this week. So please take advantage of this and catch up on all your games that you've missed (or play your Week 7 games if you've already played your week 6 one).
plokoon9619
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 1:59:14 PM

plokoon9619 vs R5Don
153-83, Winner Me
Map Cloud City

Used force whirlwind, game. Vader ate apart the AT-ST and Chewbacca.

I will take UH and R5 wants RS.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 2:13:36 PM

plokoon9619 wrote:
plokoon9619 vs R5Don
153-83, Winner Me
Map Cloud City

Used force whirlwind, game. Vader ate apart the AT-ST and Chewbacca.

I will take UH and R5 wants RS.

Your post is way early; week 7 was initially scheduled to start today, but it was postponed until next week because of GenCon. Creme never changed the dates on the schedule on the first page of this thread, but you can't post this game until next Sunday (8/14).
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:40:35 PM

:yawn:
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:34:12 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
:yawn:

Are you trying to imply something? :)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:43:22 PM

I'm trying to get my matches in, but I have not heard anything whatsoever from Wannabe Mexican since the 29th.