Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Standings, Schedule, Results Options
juice man
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:51:28 PM
Groups: Member

captaingig wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:
CC: Count Dooku

LOL! I have no idea why that made me laugh out loud. Probably because I've used the carbon copy move in
corporate america emails so much. A CC to Dooku here is like saying, "Just in case you weren't paying attention
there, Kenny Rogers, this is how their rout went down. P.S. Way to save yourself, jerk bag."

Thanks for pointing that out, with commentary.
LOL ThumbsUp
theperfectsquad
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:26:35 PM

Battle Report: A loss for the Seperatist Army... 118-18
Just as a squad of nimbus commandos and klatoonian assassins landed on Ossus accompanied by Boba Fett Yong Bounty Hunter and led by none other than General Whorm, they immediately fell under fire from a super stealth black sun and jawa combination. We could not see where the shots were coming from but the feeble battle skills of the jawas did not easily take down our men. Luckily Whorm was able to retreat before things got completely out of control and on the republic side, GOWK hid away, to afraid to face the CIS forces.
pntkd2
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:39:27 PM

hardly, he charged within 6 of your back lines, it was whorm who was too scared to show himself
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 6:41:27 AM

theperfectsquad wrote:
Just as a squad of nimbus commandos and klatoonian assassins landed on Ossus accompanied by Boba Fett Yong Bounty Hunter and led by none other than General Whorm, they immediately fell under fire from a super stealth black sun and jawa combination. We could not see where the shots were coming from but the feeble battle skills of the jawas did not easily take down our men. Luckily Whorm was able to retreat before things got completely out of control and on the republic side, GOWK hid away, to afraid to face the CIS forces.

A loss is disappointing but at least you saved the good general. We're your own super stealth pieces not up to the task? Nevertheless out trap failed and I will reevaluate our strategies... Also while Dooku is... Preoccupied... Asajj Ventress will be paying you a visit commander...
knappskirata
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 7:47:16 AM

theperfectsquad wrote:
Fantastic, just what I expected from a commander as good as you
captaingig
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 10:16:46 AM

3-0 this round! Keep up the momentum!
knappskirata
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 4:38:22 PM

Keeping the momentum with the 4-0 streak!
Republic wins 221-134
Uniques lost
Maul, Sith infiltrator

Additional details located in chit chat at a later date(tomorrow)
501 Trooper
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 5:52:54 PM

I know you shouldn't blame the dice in a dice game, but I'm blaming the dice anyway, and if you were there, you'd know why.
den25
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 8:58:49 PM

Just a heads up. I see where Captain Mar Tuuk and Bossk, BH were added today to the defeated list. However, Xizor is still missing from the defeated list.

From the last round:
Quote:
Uniques Killed:
Captain Mar Tuuk
Bossk, Bounty Hunter
Xizor

When you get the chance, could you add Xizor to the defeated list please?

Thanks
editor
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 9:38:54 PM

Encoded Transmission

To: Republic Command Staff

Jedi Master Plo Koon and I were engaged in behind enemy line Hit & Run tactics on Khooda when none other than the Emperor's shuttle landed. We expected some ceremonial award banquet -- you know the ones where your sons come for a spaghetti dinner, but in our case, since all of our sons look the same, it's a real b!tch to tell ’em apart, so I'm glad that's not what it turned out to be.

Instead, it was a detachment of IG-Lancers, maintained by a hive of Geonosians which appeared to be very high-strung because they literally blew their tops and exploded from time to time! They were everywhere and with the Lancers cruising the streets, we stayed out of sight in the buildings.

We were advancing towards the center of this backwater settlement when a big green thing in a yellow jumper started to shoot at us. I flipped down my macro-viewfinder to see that it was Bossk -- that slimy lizard was on the dole from the Seps -- they must be desperate! That lizard was getting a little too cocky, waving his mortar launcher around, so one of my men tagged him right where it hurts -- so bad that he slithered off to pout (and to regenerate an arm). We didn't see him again.

Those pesky bugs started jumping all over the place. It seemed that every door was crawling with ’em and their clickity-clank chirps were echoing down the hallways so loudly that we had to mute our comm-links. We shot them when we could, but mostly had to squash them hand to hand like a Demorian June Bug. Their heads make a strange crackling sound when you put a boot to their head. There were more bugs, than there were of us. Many good men were hit from the shrapnel from their body detonators.

We had to control the main entrances. There were far too many for our elite core to effectively maintain. I sent their R7 to the slag pile and then we locked them out for a short time.

A lone Lancers made a pass over us, but its programing was so bad that it missed us all. We heard the sparks coming from its circuits. I guess those bugs aren't such great mechanics after all. We tried to lure them back into the buildings -- even Plo was getting antsy for some action and went out to meet and greet them, but they weren't very sociable. He only found yet more bugs. As I said, they WERE everywhere.

Time was nearing our extraction and our position was about to be given away -- apparently you can only stack bugs so high before people start to notice the smell…so Plo and I left the way we came.

On the way out, I could hear what sounded like a Bantha with real weak intestinal fortitude. Come to find out that's what a Hammerhead sounds like when they scream. Who knew?

It was still better than any banquet I've even been to! Tell General Skywalker that he missed a real fun time.

Captain Rex
501st Commander

- - -

Score: Sep 60, Rep 30 -- 2 pt bugs take forever to add up...

No Uniques killed

40 Plo Koon, Jedi Master
33 Captain Rex
104 501st Clone Trooper x8
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Alderaan Trooper x2
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 14 activations)
den25
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 10:03:48 PM

*****CIS COMBAT REPORT*****
*****C L A S S I F I E D*****

TO: General Grievous - CIS Supreme Commander
FROM: Commander Den - Commanding Officer 25th Droid Infantry Unit
SUBJECT: Jareal

NARRATIVE:

We arrived at the spaceport and met with Jareal as planned. Negotiations were going well when a Republic Squad of 501st Troopers decided to crash the party. Unfortunate for us, the Republic Squad was lead by Captain Rex and Jedi Master Plo Koon. They stayed in tight formation hiding in a nearby building taking shots at us whenever they could.

Bossk, who was enraged at the news of Gha Nacht's recent death at the hands of the Republic, launched a slobbering assault of what could only have been Trandoshan swearing and took off after the Republic Squad with fire in his eyes. It very nearly cost him his life though when a 501st Trooper sent a volley of laser blasts that scorched the stupid out of him. Regaining his common sense, he quickly retreated to do some much needed regeneration.

Darth Sidious quickly regained control of our men and directed the Geonosian Drones to go do some damage. In a tight game of cat and mouse, we moved upon the enemy as quickly as possible trying to limit our losses in the process. Our lancers kept to the streets, keeping the Republic forces bottled up in a building while the rest of our bugs (umm, troops) moved in.

Our troops were certainly not on their A-game as many of our attacks came up short. It was so bad even Momaw Nadon couldn't set off a chain reaction of exploding bugs to decimate our enemy.

Much credit should go to the enemy commander though. He kept his troops in formation, took his shots when he could and really gave us a run for our money. In the end, it was our sheer numbers that won the day for us. It was a messy victory, and an extremely tough one, but I'll take it.

Even though Momaw's deep voice didn't do the damage I anticipated, he still managed to woo Jareal with his best Barry White impersonation and has successfully pursuaded her to join our cause.

Final Score: CIS 60 - Republic 30

Uniques lost: None

CIS Squad:
36 Darth Sidious
62 IG Lancer Droid x2
29 Bossk, Trandoshan Hunter
15 Momaw Nadon
9 Battle Droid Officer
9 Poggle the Lesser
8 R7 Astromech Droid
32 Geonosian Drone x16

(200pts. 24 activations)

Once I've cleaned all the bug guts off the shuttle windshield, I will return to my ship to await further orders.

*****END COMBAT REPORT*****
den25
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 10:07:31 PM

Quote:
I know you shouldn't blame the dice in a dice game, but I'm blaming the dice anyway, and if you were there, you'd know why.

Yea, my dice weren't very friendly to me either... Cursing
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:45:50 AM

den25 wrote:

NARRATIVE:

We arrived at the spaceport and met with Jareal as planned. Negotiations were going well when a Republic Squad of 501st Troopers decided to crash the party. Unfortunate for us, the Republic Squad was lead by Captain Rex and Jedi Master Plo Koon. They stayed in tight formation hiding in a nearby building taking shots at us whenever they could.

Bossk, who was enraged at the news of Gha Nacht's recent death at the hands of the Republic, launched a slobbering assault of what could only have been Trandoshan swearing and took off after the Republic Squad with fire in his eyes. It very nearly cost him his life though when a 501st Trooper sent a volley of laser blasts that scorched the stupid out of him. Regaining his common sense, he quickly retreated to do some much needed regeneration.

Darth Sidious quickly regained control of our men and directed the Geonosian Drones to go do some damage. In a tight game of cat and mouse, we moved upon the enemy as quickly as possible trying to limit our losses in the process. Our lancers kept to the streets, keeping the Republic forces bottled up in a building while the rest of our bugs (umm, troops) moved in.

Our troops were certainly not on their A-game as many of our attacks came up short. It was so bad even Momaw Nadon couldn't set off a chain reaction of exploding bugs to decimate our enemy.

Much credit should go to the enemy commander though. He kept his troops in formation, took his shots when he could and really gave us a run for our money. In the end, it was our sheer numbers that won the day for us. It was a messy victory, and an extremely tough one, but I'll take it.

Even though Momaw's deep voice didn't do the damage I anticipated, he still managed to woo Jareal with his best Barry White impersonation and has successfully pursuaded her to join our cause.

CIS Squad:
36 Darth Sidious
62 IG Lancer Droid x2
15 Momaw Nadon
9 Battle Droid Officer
9 Poggle the Lesser
8 R7 Astromech Droid
32 Geonosian Drone x16

(200pts. 24 activations)

Once I've cleaned all the bug guts off the shuttle windshield, I will return to my ship to await further orders.

Commander Den,

Finally some good news! I was beginning to think it would be left solely on myself to bring victory to the Confederacy. I am glad to hear the bugs were of some use and a victory was won. Excellent work in securing Jarael with your smooth bassy tones. Enjoy the spoils of the planet and perhaps share your tactical knowledge with our other commanders. Excellent work.

Oh and Commander, now that we have secured our warrior. Burn the planet. Leave it as a lesson to the Republic that this is the fate of any who resist us. And with their food supply cut off. Coruscant will be in chaos as I initate my end game plan...

Grievous out
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:26:53 AM

editor wrote:
Encoded Transmission

To: Republic Command Staff

Jedi Master Plo Koon and I were engaged in behind enemy line Hit & Run tactics on Khooda when none other than the Emperor's shuttle landed. We expected some ceremonial award banquet -- you know the ones where your sons come for a spaghetti dinner, but in our case, since all of our sons look the same, it's a real b!tch to tell ’em apart, so I'm glad that's not what it turned out to be.

Instead, it was a detachment of IG-Lancers, maintained by a hive of Geonosians which appeared to be very high-strung because they literally blew their tops and exploded from time to time! They were everywhere and with the Lancers cruising the streets, we stayed out of sight in the buildings.

We were advancing towards the center of this backwater settlement when a big green thing in a yellow jumper started to shoot at us. I flipped down my macro-viewfinder to see that it was Bossk -- that slimy lizard was on the dole from the Seps -- they must be desperate! That lizard was getting a little too cocky, waving his mortar launcher around, so one of my men tagged him right where it hurts -- so bad that he slithered off to pout (and to regenerate an arm). We didn't see him again.

Those pesky bugs started jumping all over the place. It seemed that every door was crawling with ’em and their clickity-clank chirps were echoing down the hallways so loudly that we had to mute our comm-links. We shot them when we could, but mostly had to squash them hand to hand like a Demorian June Bug. Their heads make a strange crackling sound when you put a boot to their head. There were more bugs, than there were of us. Many good men were hit from the shrapnel from their body detonators.

We had to control the main entrances. There were far too many for our elite core to effectively maintain. I sent their R7 to the slag pile and then we locked them out for a short time.

A lone Lancers made a pass over us, but its programing was so bad that it missed us all. We heard the sparks coming from its circuits. I guess those bugs aren't such great mechanics after all. We tried to lure them back into the buildings -- even Plo was getting antsy for some action and went out to meet and greet them, but they weren't very sociable. He only found yet more bugs. As I said, they WERE everywhere.

Time was nearing our extraction and our position was about to be given away -- apparently you can only stack bugs so high before people start to notice the smell…so Plo and I left the way we came.

On the way out, I could hear what sounded like a Bantha with real weak intestinal fortitude. Come to find out that's what a Hammerhead sounds like when they scream. Who knew?

It was still better than any banquet I've even been to! Tell General Skywalker that he missed a real fun time.

Captain Rex
501st Commander

- - -

Score: Sep 60, Rep 30 -- 2 pt bugs take forever to add up...

No Uniques killed

40 Plo Koon, Jedi Master
33 Captain Rex
104 501st Clone Trooper x8
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Alderaan Trooper x2
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 14 activations)
A very hard game you had, I did not realize he would have that many resources at his disposal. Though he may have 4 victories in a row, down he is going in the rounds ahead
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:37:52 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
den25 wrote:

NARRATIVE:

CIS Squad:
36 Darth Sidious
62 IG Lancer Droid x2
15 Momaw Nadon
9 Battle Droid Officer
9 Poggle the Lesser
8 R7 Astromech Droid
32 Geonosian Drone x16

(200pts. 24 activations)

Commander Den,

Finally some good news! I was beginning to think it would be left solely on myself to bring victory to the Confederacy. I am glad to hear the bugs were of some use and a victory was won. Excellent work in securing Jarael with your smooth bassy tones. Enjoy the spoils of the planet and perhaps share your tactical knowledge with our other commanders. Excellent work.

Oh and Commander, now that we have secured our warrior. Burn the planet. Leave it as a lesson to the Republic that this is the fate of any who resist us. And with their food supply cut off. Coruscant will be in chaos as I initate my end game plan...

Grievous out
dont be so sure it will be an easy win
juice man
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:57:06 AM

501 Trooper wrote:

You didn't use the Orange dice, did you?
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:26:24 PM

juice man wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

You didn't use the Orange dice, did you?
No, I actually I borrowed his dice that he said had "bad luck"
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:18:45 AM

Victory on Alanon!

Confederate spies within the Republic's own ranks sent in reports of an elite republic commando training facility on the remote Alanon. Naturally since these commandos were giving our forces such a hard time I decided to send them a message, an explosive message.
Tyber Zann's Consortium has proven useful before in the destruction of such facilities and seemed a natural fit, especially as the rest of our forces were allocated elsewhere.

However the Republics new Mon-Calamari Thermal scopes saw through the Defiler's basic cloak-dampening armor. So thinking the battle was lost before it began, I ordered a full charge of the Defiler's against the shielded commandos. The criminals kept to cover as much as they could and to our great surprise, the enemy missed. And kept missing, it seems their new Mon-Calamari scopes were of faulty make, thank fish heads. To make matters better once the bold charge was completed the Defiler's began to "distribute" exotic care packages of Lucren rations, the finest Wookie jerky, and PROXIMITY MINES!!!

To my great enjoyment the commandos failed nearly all saves and soon their numbers rapidly dropped as the mines did all the work for us.

Despite the explosive effectiveness of our demolitions and their faulty scopes that couldn't hit if they had too, the commandos fought back.

The bloody firefight came down to the training sergeant, Boss and Sev fighting in a last stand room against two Defiler's and Tyber himself. A lost initiative, two failed mine rolls and failed shield rolls ended the game with a 60 health Tyber Zann as the only survivor. How ironic that the pay for this job was based on the mission, and the less shares there are...

(Side note this was our closest game yet, very bad rolls were the reason for the close victory I managed to scrape out of this really bad matchup)

Miners
Tyber Zann
Defiler's x7

"The Zann Consortium will rule!!!"

Opponent
Fi
Republic Commando training sergeant
Assortment of Boss's/Sevs

Final score
CIS 230 Republic 178

Uniques defeated
Fi

Grievous out
den25
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:42:17 AM

Nice work General Grievous!
captaingig
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:28:34 PM

den25 wrote:

I can see Momaw at a piano with a menthol 100 in his mouth...

Good work Den.