RegisterDonateLogin

Is a political idealist, not a murderer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Standings, Schedule, Results Options
editor
Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:28:41 PM
Groups: Member

Hailing Republic Commander
CC: Argyus Family, 7th Guard Battalion, Skullbook Fans & Friends
BCC: Jedi Order
Encoded Hologram from Captain Argyus

Commander,

We launched our Search and Rescue shuttle and docked at the airlock. It was eerily quiet - just the way I like it.

My Commandos did a sweep of the decks and found nothing. We were about to pack it in when a blast door opened on the far side.

Again, nothing but silence save an astromech bleeps. The IR scanner showed a large group of bipeds, but we couldn't pickup any visuals.

I ordered my Elite Guard to protect the Queen and sent my squad to find the enemy.

The Command Center boardroom opened up, yet there was nothing there. Maybe it was the power fluctuations from the nearby regulators that were messing with our helmets.

Between the sparks and emergency lights, we saw shadowy figures moving steadily towards us. Every few moments there was some laser fire, but my men took the hits and kept down low until the energy shield arrived.

From around the corner, one them appeared. It was a bulldog-faced, green thing with really bad teeth. I'm not so sure what you call that species besides plain o’ ugly! No wonder he was upset; I'd be too if that's the kind of medical care they have in the Outer Rim.

He wasn't as scary as the amount of thermite explosives that were attached to him. Each one of these guys could have breach the outer hull at any time, so we started to withdrawal -- gotta save the Queen and all.

By the time we reached our shuttle, we had encountered 16 of them and they were certainly not the welcoming committee. They were trying to delay our evacuation at every corner. Only three times were they caught with their pants down and we mercilessly burnt them with our DLT-19 heavy blaster rifles. The rest had to be dealt with in my favorite way -- face to face -- "insert barrel in nostril, pull trigger". It was quite grotty and the innards of theirs do NOT scrape off easily. Talk about clogging up your ventilator holes…

In the end, we took heavy losses, but we took a fair share of them out too. You can tell that this civil war is coming to an end if they're using these sub-races to do the Separatists dirty work.

I await new armor and their stench has soaked into mine. I cannot be expected to fight a decent fight without looking my best.

Captain Faro Argyus
7th Guard Battalion

p.s. Don't forget to repeat on Skullbook.com by using the #hero tag.

Score:
Seps 129 / Rep 111

No Uniques killed. (he had none)

Republic Squad ::
29 Captain Argyus
95 Senate Commando x5
17 Elite Senate Guard
17 Gungan Shieldbearer
16 Queen Amidala
8 Gungan Soldier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Alderaan Trooper
3 Mouse Droid

(198pts. 13 activations)
howitzer_120mm
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013 6:49:28 AM

Clone Commander reporting in.
Our Speeders headed into the Caverns last night sir. Anakin on a commandeered STAP led us in, followed by an Aerial Trooper. We faced a horde of Geonosian Drones led by Poggle the Lesser and Count Dooku. Our forces moved up quickly and took control of the middle ground. The drones all broke apart and took cover.

We immediately deployed 2 speeders past all the drones and they prepared to fire on Poggle. However two Lancers dropped down and strafed the speeders. We lost one speeder before he could hit Poggle.

A third speeder was dispatched as well but with the two speeders they only managed to wound Poggle. Dooku then used his commanding voice to self destruct his drones which destroyed both speeders.

A fourth speeder followed down and finally took out Poggle. Anakin was on the left flank getting pretty beat up by Dooku and another Lancer. Anakin retreated backwards as the Count summoned some more forces to his aid. The lancers were wrecking havoc among our speeders, and our three flyers were all heavily damaged by the time we managed to destroy enough drones.

Republic Victory!

Uniques Lost:
Poggle the Lesser

Score:
Republic: 201
CIS: 115
editor
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013 7:17:45 AM

Great job killing Poggle. He was a PITA.

Perhaps this is apparent to everyone else, but how do you score 201 pts if Dooku (57pts) is still alive? How many rounds of Gambit did you get??

I guess you could have killed that many Drones that they just kept coming back...that's a boat-load though.
juice man
Posted: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:19:02 PM

Perhaps it's those "extra forces" the Count (Buhahaha) summoned. Yea for the death of Poggle.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:31:54 PM

Communication to General Grievous
Subject: Seperatist Victory

Victory was successful as we destroyed the Republic's new Strike Force Carrier. A squadron of A-Series Assassin droids led by Wat Tambor infilitrated the ship and ran across a squadron of shielded Sev's. Their priority targetting packages were well equipped to shoot at those stealthy dogs. They were led by Aayla Secura but they could not get off the shots they needed to take her out and she managed to slip away with a retreat. We planted lots of explosives and detonated the ship to oblivion.

Final Score 173-33

Spryguy's Squad
35 Wat Tambor
21 T-Series Tactical Droid
95 A-Series Assassin Droid x5
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Battle Droid x3
3 Mouse Droid

Wat used his reinforcements to bring in another 5 Battle Droids.

Mando's Squad
30 Republic Commando Training Sergeant
27 Aayla Secura
38 Republic Commando - Boss x2
16 Republic Commando - Scorch
64 Republic Commando - Sev x4
13 Elite Clone Trooper Grenadier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid

Uniques Lost: None
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:05:17 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Communication to General Grievous
Subject: Seperatist Victory

Victory was successful as we destroyed the Republic's new Strike Force Carrier. A squadron of A-Series Assassin droids led by Wat Tambor infilitrated the ship and ran across a squadron of shielded Sev's. Their priority targetting packages were well equipped to shoot at those stealthy dogs. They were led by Aayla Secura but they could not get off the shots they needed to take her out and she managed to slip away with a retreat. We planted lots of explosives and detonated the ship to oblivion.

Final Score 173-33

Spryguy's Squad
35 Wat Tambor
21 T-Series Tactical Droid
95 A-Series Assassin Droid x5
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Battle Droid x3
3 Mouse Droid

Wat used his reinforcements to bring in another 5 Battle Droids.

Mando's Squad
30 Republic Commando Training Sergeant
27 Aayla Secura
38 Republic Commando - Boss x2
16 Republic Commando - Scorch
64 Republic Commando - Sev x4
13 Elite Clone Trooper Grenadier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid

Uniques Lost: None

---------------------incoming transmision------------------------

Commander, our forces were overwhelmed by the clankers and our blasters couldn't do enough damage to turn them into scrap metal. We managed to take out on Assassin clanker and a couple of stupid battle droids. Requesting immediate evac.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:58:46 AM

Victory for the Confederacy on Teth!

In a classic standoff the forces of the CIS were able to control the board is such a manner that enabled a strategic positioning based victory. The forces of Colonel Nader led by the fallen Jedi Sora Bulq deployed the BX commando droids into the pillars before the Repbulic forces led by Jedi Master Yoda were able to reach the Monestery's inner sanctum. The ARC Troopers led by Ordo & Gree were unable to deploy in a manner which would give them any advantage on the field, despite being at the Monestery first. As the CIS reinforcements from space were landing behind their lines, the Republic General withdrew from the battlefield and thus has handed us Teth.

Final Score: 15-0

My Squad...

"Bulq'd Up!"

33 - Sora Bulq
24 - Commando Droid Captain
32 - BX Spotter x2
75 - BX Commando Droid Sniper x5
9 - BDO
16- BD x4
8 - R7 Astromech
3 - MSD

No uniques lost on either side.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:37:41 AM

15 to 0!!!???

holy nerf! how many rounds did you get in?, with your turtle play tactics?
must have been as exicting as watching paint dryBored

hany way...........congrats on the win, Ger-Bear!
I'll console/cuddle Capt. GIG when we meet againDrool
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:11:51 PM

jak wrote:
15 to 0!!!???

hany way...........congrats on the win, Ger-Bear!
I'll console/cuddle Capt. GIG when we meet againDrool

Can we have more of an explanation on the score Captain?
den25
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:26:10 PM

Yea, I'm a little shocked at 15 - 0 too. Although I know that map all too well. If your trapped on the right side and there are snipers set up in the pillars, it would be suicide to move out of complete cover. Nice job Gerry.
captaingig
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:40:44 PM

My formal report is nearly complete.

5 rounds -- 3 rounds of gambit for Nader. The rounds went rather quickly with lots of spinning on my part. We'd then stop and kvetch about the map, cast aspersions on our opponent's mother, and talk to our independent observer how much of a Mexican Standoff this was.

There was no permutation that I could find that wouldn't have ended completely awful for me. The BX Sniper droids are grossly overpowered for their cost. Especially when you compare them to ARC Trooper Snipers and regular Commando Droids. Intuition? Seriously?
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:07:27 PM

how did he get gambit then?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:33:00 PM

knappskirata wrote:
how did he get gambit then?

Moved Sora up he got it twice, then in between I tagged in a sniper who then intuited out b4 and nastyness could befall. Well executed placement & patient movement. They were like termites in those pillars...

Trouble was Steve was out activated and I had intuition to add insult to injury.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:39:50 PM

den25 wrote:
Yea, I'm a little shocked at 15 - 0 too. Although I know that map all too well. If your trapped on the right side and there are snipers set up in the pillars, it would be suicide to move out of complete cover. Nice job Gerry.

Dennis to quote Arthur Fonzarelli... "correctamundo!" There was no need to press given my strategic advantage. So, why everyone seems so surprised at such a low score surprises me; if anything it illustrates the two players complete understanding of the tactical situation.

Oh and btw knapp, it's a good thing Steve took an R7 as I would have relished playing door games had he taken the left side after he won map roll and left out the R7.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:14:14 PM

captaingig wrote:
My formal report is nearly complete.

5 rounds -- 3 rounds of gambit for Nader. The rounds went rather quickly with lots of spinning on my part. We'd then stop and kvetch about the map, cast aspersions on our opponent's mother, and talk to our independent observer how much of a Mexican Standoff this was.

There was no permutation that I could find that wouldn't have ended completely awful for me. The BX Sniper droids are grossly overpowered for their cost. Especially when you compare them to ARC Trooper Snipers and regular Commando Droids. Intuition? Seriously?

Sucks to be BXed. I feel your pain. (Glad it's not me this round)
captaingig
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:19:20 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
it illustrates the two players complete understanding of the tactical situation

I have never read a more succinct and accurate evaluation.

/me toots horn
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:15:46 AM

To: Forces of the Republic

The clone wars has stretched far longer than we could have ever anticipated. The Separtist forces now threatens the peace the Republic has kept for millennia. The fate of the republic now rests in the few battles to come. In order that the republic survives and the galaxy doesn't plunge in chaos, we need our commanders and the scattered forces of the republic to band together. If you are need of certain supplies, troops, or battlefield, send it to me directly. The droid army cannot be allowed to get any farther. We have lost to much in this war to stop now. Train hard, the republics future now lies in your hands...
(Need BM's on forces/maps ASAP)
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:22:10 AM

jak wrote:
15 to 0!!!???

Not all wins are flashy but many in fact are born out of intelligent & patient play. There was no turtle play at any point, as I was the one advancing pieces.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:12:12 PM

Republic victory! 0 to 0. More to follow.
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:18:57 PM

juice man wrote:
Republic victory! 0 to 0. More to follow.
is that serious? How do you win then?