RegisterDonateLogin

With extended sensor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rolling Mini of the Day (Urai Fen) Options
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 1:12:34 PM
Groups: Member

There might be an argument that you'd play a Battle Droid Officer and a Commando Droid Officer in the same squad - the Commando Droid Officer is going to be up near the front, and a prime target, since it's a good shooter and has a really good CE. Plus the Commando Droid Officer also benefits from the BDO's Fire Control.

If you're playing more than one Commando Droid Officer (which is a very strong squad concept IMO - we've already seen it in the final of HaweraCon at 150 points), you can probably do without the Battle Droid Officer, but it's certainly not the worst choice either, for when you're down to your last CDO, and still want the attack boost. Might depend on what else is in your squad.

The Battle Droid Officer is a very useful cheap tech piece, but it doesn't feel quite like an 11 to me.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 8:15:22 PM

Ewok Scout, from Imperial Entanglements

Quote:
6 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 16
Attack: 4
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Swarm +1 (+1 Attack against a target for each allied Ewok adjacent to that target)

I've never really seen Ewok swarms in action so I'm on slightly shaky ground here, but Ewok Scouts are an upgrade over the original 3 point Ewoks from Rebel Storm. They are a substantial upgrade - they offer Stealth, Cunning Attack, and better stats for the extra 3 points. I do think they would also require an extra 10 hit points to make them a viable alternative to the 3 point Ewoks - cheap pieces are very useful for swarms, and you can have two Ewoks for every Ewok Scout, so if you're looking to win with sheer numbers, you're better off with Vanilla Ewoks. In Golden One squads, Stealth is provided, so that's one instance where the Vanilla Ewok is definitely preferable. It might be worth throwing some into an Ewok squad to make use of the Cunning Attack bonuses, but it's worth noting that the most successful Ewok squad of all time:

Quote:
--F?&/'n Zygerrians--
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
27 Lobot
19 Ewok Chieftain
16 Chief Chirpa
15 Jabba, Crime Lord
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
8 Zygerrian Slaver
7 Ewok Hang Glider
48 Ewok x16
3 Mouse Droid
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 28 activations)

Didn't bother with Ewok Scouts at all. You can make a decent squad out of Ewok Scouts (as long as you don't run into Jedi Reflexes....), but they're arguably the weakest of the Ewok scrubs in the game - plain Ewoks are cheaper, Ewok Warriors can shoot, and Ewok Hang Gliders have strafe. 5/10.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, November 3, 2014 10:25:59 PM

Although the scout is a medium sized base so in a swap squad can swap with a Glider and means you don't have to play a brute (or other med swapper) if you don't want to.

TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:16:50 PM

I guess that's a feather in his cap, but it's still a tough call to take over a Rodian Brute or Amanin Scout as a swap piece, even though he gets all the synergies in an Ewok squad.

The randomiser is currently concentrating on Ewoks.... Also, 366th Rolling Mini of the Day (that's one more than Pojo, although I've written far less than they did).

Ewok Warrior, from Alliance and Empire

Quote:
5 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: 2

Special Abilities
Swarm +1 (+1 Attack against a target for each allied Ewok adjacent to that target)

The Ewok sub-faction have had enough help from the v-sets that a squad of 5 point Ewok Warriors can become a respectable, if extremely delicate, swarm. They can shoot, and they have access to enough attack bonuses that they have reasonable damage potential. Chief Chirpa gives them Charging Fire and Gregarious, which means they can get move 12 squares, then shoot something at +6 for 10 - it might not sound too threatening, but it's a decent base for a squad when they get gain other damage and attack bonuses like Jabba Crime Lord, Thrawn, and the Chiss Captain, as well as the attack bump from Swarm +1. The Ewok Chieftain gives them Momentum against adjacent pieces, and if you go with the all Ewok (and honorary Ewok) squad, Golden One helps them a lot with ranged defense via Stealth. It might not be the best competitive option, since Daala's troopers are the more efficient option, but I think that there's a decent Ewok Warrior squad out there somewhere. 6/10.

TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:51:14 PM

Alema Rar, from Armed and Operational

Quote:
24 points, Sith
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 19
Attack: 9
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Saber Dart (Replaces attacks: sight; ignore cover; 1 target enemy takes 20 damage and is poisoned; save 11. Each time a poisoned character activates it takes 20 damage; save 11 negates and it is no longer poisoned.)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Cloak (Force 2, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains Cloaked)
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Knight Speed (Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on her turn as part of her move)

The Sith have been gaining plenty of useful mid-cost Force users with the v-sets, and Alema Rar is a perfectly serviceable piece. With Stealth she has ranged defense, and with Knight Speed and Twin Attack, she can do all her damage from 10 squares away. Her biggest constraint is her low attack - she's going to need to save force points for rerolls, or have some attack boost, if she's going to hit big targets consistently. Force Lightning 2 is also a very useful offensive force power, and she does have access to force batteries like Exar DFS, Sidious Hologram, or Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit if she wants to Lightning more than once.

Alema Rar is a nice support attacker for the Sith - she's never going to be the focal point of a squad, but she's going to work well as the third or fourth attacker in a Sith squad. 7/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:21:38 PM

Elite Senate Guard, from Galaxy at War

Quote:
18 points, Republic
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 17
Attack: 8
Damage: 30

Special Abilities
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Bodyguard (If an adjacent ally would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead)
Heavy Weapon (Can't attack and move in the same turn)

We covered the Senate Commando a few weeks ago, and it's a strong piece. The Elite Senate Guard is very similar - it's slightly cheaper, it has slightly lower defense and attack, and it gains bodyguard and heavy weapon. The two added Special Abilities are polarising; bodyguard's one of the strongest abilities in the game, but heavy weapon is one of the worst, as the Elite Senate Guard can't attack on the move. On balance, the drawback of Heavy Weapon is enough to cancel out the benefits of Bodyguard, and it's more efficient to stick with regular Senate Commandos. But as a bodyguard with access to Argyus' twin CE, the Elite Senate Guard is still a respectable enough choice for a Senate Commando squad, 6/10.
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:51:44 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Alema Rar, from Armed and Operational

Quote:
24 points, Sith
Hit Points: 90

Special Abilities
Unique
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Saber Dart (Replaces attacks: sight; ignore cover; 1 target enemy takes 20 damage and is poisoned; save 11. Each time a poisoned character activates it takes 20 damage; save 11 negates and it is no longer poisoned.)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Cloak (Force 2, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains Cloaked)
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Knight Speed (Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on her turn as part of her move)

The Sith have been gaining plenty of useful mid-cost Force users with the v-sets, and Alema Rar is a perfectly serviceable piece. With Stealth she has ranged defense, and with Knight Speed and Twin Attack, she can do all her damage from 10 squares away. Her biggest constraint is her low attack - she's going to need to save force points for rerolls, or have some attack boost, if she's going to hit big targets consistently. Force Lightning 2 is also a very useful offensive force power, and she does have access to force batteries like Exar DFS, Sidious Hologram, or Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit if she wants to Lightning more than once.

Alema Rar is a nice support attacker for the Sith - she's never going to be the focal point of a squad, but she's going to work well as the third or fourth attacker in a Sith squad. 7/10.

I really like this piece, low costing and mobile. I think her best feature is saber Dart which I think people underrate. It's a ranged attack with a save of 11 that ignore cover (take that Cloaked!) With Dark Aura thats a pretty good chance to do 20 damage and keep them poisoned. I think 7 or 8 out of 10 sounds right. Good piece, but certainly not tier 1.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:15:04 PM

Star Corps Trooper, from The Clone Wars

Quote:
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 15

Special Abilities
Order 66
Advantageous Cover (+8 Defense from cover instead of +4)
Quick Reactions (+6 Attack when making attacks of opportunity)
Squad Firepower (+10 Damage while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)
Stable Footing (Not slowed by difficult terrain or low objects)

For some reason, I have four Star Corps Troopers, who I've used exactly once - although they're one of my favourite sculpts, so I often use them as v-set proxies. At 30 hit points for 15 points, they're very fragile - enough to rule them out of the competitive game, as they just don't have the damage output to justify their fragility. I'm not too excited by most of their Special Abilities - Quick Reactions isn't very useful on a 30 hit point piece, they're still crazy fragile even with Advantageous Cover, and Stable Footing is helpful but not a deal breaker. Built-in Squad Firepower is their most interesting aspect, and it gives them good synergy with Clone Wars Commander Gree, who gives them Squad Assault and helps them get their Squad bonuses. They're also a good pairing with Captain Rex for GMA and an extra attack like General Aayla Secura or Flobi. There are lots of ways to boost them, but nothing is going to bring Star Corps Troopers anywhere near competitive level - they're too fragile and expensive for what they bring to the table. 4/10.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:22:43 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I remember when I started playing around Clone Wars Star Corps Troopers were a big deal. Or Rather they were a big deal to one guy who INSISTED They were the best generic piece and that everyone used them. I don't know how true that was of the meta at the time, but I regard many things he told me as suspect as time has passed.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:36:30 PM

They actually made #6 on Pojo's MOTD best of 2008 list - it seems inexplicable now, especially as it's ahead of General Dodonna, GOWK, Tarpals, Gha Nachkt, and lots of other really strong pieces.

#1: Yoda on Kybuck - Clone Wars - 300th Mini of the Day!!!
#2: Mandalorian Scout - KOTOR
#3: IG Lancer Droid - Clone Wars
#4: Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander - Legacy of the Force
#5: General Wedge Antilles - Kotor
#6: Star Corps Trooper - Clone Wars
#7: Jar Jar Binks - KOTOR
#8: Captain Rex - Clone Wars
#9: General Dodonna - Legacy of the Force
#10: Moff Nyna Calixte - Legacy of the Force

They must have had a good reputation for some reason - they are a step up from normal clones, but they look pedestrian now.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:42:51 PM

Yeah I just don't get it. Above Rex? That is insane. Mando Scout I get, that piece is bonkers good, Star Corps Trooper? It is a fine piece. They have a pretty good attack, they can get up to 27 Defense in cover with GOWK, but they just seem a little dull. And yeah it was probably the best clone of its time but that isn't saying much.

They do have really nice sculpts and I've been able to pick a few up, but yeah I think I painted one for Ordo and just use the others as V-set Proxies.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:10:03 PM

Silri, from Vengeance

Quote:
42 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 110
Attack: 13

Special Abilities
Unique
Nightsister (Counts as a character whose name contains Nightsister)
Zann Consortium
Melee Reach 2 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent)
Empathy (Allies with Savage within 6 squares lose Savage)
Lightwhip (This character counts as having a lightsaber. This character's attacks and damage from her attacks cannot be prevented.)

Force Powers
Force 3
Drain Life 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy and to each living enemy adjacent to target, save 11. Remove damage from this character equal to the damage dealt.)

Silri's claim to fame is her Melee Reach 2 Lightwhip - she can put out unblockable damage from 2 squares away. With twin, she can do all of her damage on the move, and with stealth she has some ranged defense. Despite all of these assets, she is relatively expensive for what she does - she's only putting out 40 damage a round, and she has no melee defense when she gets in close - so you're paying through the nose for that unblockable damage. She also has Empathy - you're obviously not going to use Silri solely for her Empathy, but it does have interesting effects - for example, in a Silri/Thrawn squad you can bring in a Rakghoul with Lobot, and swap it at the end of the round.

Silri's best pairing is arguably Anakin Solo, Galactic Hero, in the New Republic, who gives her Lightsaber Assault for four attacks on the move, as well as Lightsaber Defense and Force Renewal, all of which help her a lot. Since she has relatively limited damage output for her cost, Silri's probably only going to feature in competitive play in a meta dominated by tanks, where you can make good use of her unblockable damage from Lightwhip. Otherwise, she's a bit expensive for what she brings to the table; she's a nice flavourful piece, but she's not going to feature very often at tournament level. 6/10.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:59:17 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Silri, from Vengeance

Quote:
42 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 110
Attack: 13

Special Abilities
Unique
Nightsister (Counts as a character whose name contains Nightsister)
Zann Consortium
Melee Reach 2 (When attacking, this character treats enemies up to 2 squares away as adjacent)
Empathy (Allies with Savage within 6 squares lose Savage)
Lightwhip (This character counts as having a lightsaber. This character's attacks and damage from her attacks cannot be prevented.)

Force Powers
Force 3
Drain Life 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 20 damage to target living enemy and to each living enemy adjacent to target, save 11. Remove damage from this character equal to the damage dealt.)

Silri's claim to fame is her Melee Reach 2 Lightwhip - she can put out unblockable damage from 2 squares away. With twin, she can do all of her damage on the move, and with stealth she has some ranged defense. Despite all of these assets, she is relatively expensive for what she does - she's only putting out 40 damage a round, and she has no melee defense when she gets in close - so you're paying through the nose for that unblockable damage. She also has Empathy - you're obviously not going to use Silri solely for her Empathy, but it does have interesting effects - for example, in a Silri/Thrawn squad you can bring in a Rakghoul with Lobot, and swap it at the end of the round.

Silri's best pairing is arguably Anakin Solo, Galactic Hero, in the New Republic, who gives her Lightsaber Assault for four attacks on the move, as well as Lightsaber Defense and Force Renewal, all of which help her a lot. Since she has relatively limited damage output for her cost, Silri's probably only going to feature in competitive play in a meta dominated by tanks, where you can make good use of her unblockable damage from Lightwhip. Otherwise, she's a bit expensive for what she brings to the table; she's a nice flavourful piece, but she's not going to feature very often at tournament level. 6/10.

She was really good in Epic play. I had this squad where She was the main threat. She was disguised as the main threat with other threats like General Skywalker or Epic Yoda so people often never focused on her. But then R2 would tow her up and she would run up with Triple Twin GMA with momentum smashing the other epics. It was fun when they moved their epic up and I got the jump to wipe them out. It was a while ago and the squad could probably be updated but was fun none the less.
--Yoda Epic squad--
144 Yoda, Legend of the Light Side
66 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi General
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
47 General Skywalker
42 Silri
37 Aurra Sing
27 Ferus Olin
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
18 Jar Jar Binks
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
6 Rodian Brute x2

This followed the typical epic format of 16 max activations and 3 commnaders.

(500pts. 15 activations)
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:50:44 AM

Yeah, I've played against this squad, or something like it. I remember Silri walked up and totally wrecked my Jaina SotJ, when I was expecting I'd be able to make some Parry saves. She's a fabulous piece in this squad build.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:12:33 PM

Darth Maul on Swoop Bike, from Vehicles of War

Quote:
59 points, Separatist
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 14

Special Abilities
Unique
Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Charging Assault +10 (Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then make an attack at +10 Damage against an adjacent enemy)
Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20)
Vehicle (At the end of his turn, you may replace this character with a Medium character of equal or lesser cost who counts as Darth Maul. The replacement character starts with damage equal to the damage currently on this character and is considered activated this round.)

Force Powers
Force 4
Knight Speed (Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on his turn as part of his move)
Sith Rage (Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn)

While the other Separatist vehicles in the Vehicles of War mini-set are strafers and gallopers, Darth Maul on Swoop Bike is primarily a delivery system for another Maul. Maul on Swoop Bike can fly (along the ground....) 20 squares with Knight Speed, Charging Assault something, then use the Vehicle mechanic to change into another Maul. Usually the Maul of choice is Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator, who can drop 160 damage on something with Ambush and Sith Rage 2, or who can use Force Leap with Ambush to drop damage on a piece hiding in the back.

The Swoop Bike does have limitations - a large base without Flight means that you'll be limited in who you can get to, and it makes the piece a lot slower on some maps, dealing with terrain. But on the other hand, it does synergise very well with the usual Separatist engine of Geonosian Drones for high activations and the Muun Tactics Broker for intiatiative control - you should be able to outactivate most builds, and set Maul up for a huge start of round strike. Maul Sith Infiltrator is one of the scariest hitters in the game, but before the Swoop Bike he was much more effective in Sith than with the Separatists. Maul on Swoop Bike hasn't received a whole lot of competitive play yet, but I think there's an effective squad with him somewhere - Maul on Swoop Bike + Drones + Poggle + Lobot + San Hill + some shooters should be an effective squad. 8/10.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:34:05 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Darth Maul on Swoop Bike, from Vehicles of War

Quote:
59 points, Separatist
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 21
Attack: 14

Special Abilities
Unique
Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Charging Assault +10 (Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then make an attack at +10 Damage against an adjacent enemy)
Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20)
Vehicle (At the end of his turn, you may replace this character with a Medium character of equal or lesser cost who counts as Darth Maul. The replacement character starts with damage equal to the damage currently on this character and is considered activated this round.)

Force Powers
Force 4
Knight Speed (Force 1: This character can move 4 extra squares on his turn as part of his move)
Sith Rage (Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn)

While the other Separatist vehicles in the Vehicles of War mini-set are strafers and gallopers, Darth Maul on Swoop Bike is primarily a delivery system for another Maul. Maul on Swoop Bike can fly (along the ground....) 20 squares with Knight Speed, Charging Assault something, then use the Vehicle mechanic to change into another Maul. Usually the Maul of choice is Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator, who can drop 160 damage on something with Ambush and Sith Rage 2, or who can use Force Leap with Ambush to drop damage on a piece hiding in the back.

The Swoop Bike does have limitations - a large base without Flight means that you'll be limited in who you can get to, and it makes the piece a lot slower on some maps, dealing with terrain. But on the other hand, it does synergise very well with the usual Separatist engine of Geonosian Drones for high activations and the Muun Tactics Broker for intiatiative control - you should be able to outactivate most builds, and set Maul up for a huge start of round strike. Maul Sith Infiltrator is one of the scariest hitters in the game, but before the Swoop Bike he was much more effective in Sith than with the Separatists. Maul on Swoop Bike hasn't received a whole lot of competitive play yet, but I think there's an effective squad with him somewhere - Maul on Swoop Bike + Drones + Poggle + Lobot + San Hill + some shooters should be an effective squad. 8/10.

Great review, love the piece and vehicle mechanic. I have a few fun Maul speeder and Wheelbike teams I like running
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:20:34 PM

I like Maul a lot, he is really fun. Not flying is rough, last time I played him it took him a long time to get through the middle of a map to my target. And I should have jumped off a turn before I did BUT ANYWAY, I like him. I'm a fan of playing Swoop Bike Maul with Commando Droid Officers and some Spotters/Snipers or some IG-86s. But yeah you are right Hutts, he is a huge incentive to play Maul, Infiltrator in the Seps. Also if you are so inclined to build around him he can be a delivery system for Maul, Champion of the Sith to get off his Quadruple Attack (preferably with Twin from Whorm) + Sith Rage for a whopping 240 possible points.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:27:52 PM

What's your Commando Droid Officer/Maul squad? They're two of my favourite Sep pieces, so I'm interested in anything that combines them.

I did mention Maul CotS initially, but edited him out when the sentence became too unwieldy. I do think it's tough to justify him over Sith Infiltrator when he needs another 20 points of support and he has to be still to get all his damage. Might work if you have Whorm in your squad for other reasons.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:35:45 PM

TheHutts wrote:
What's your Commando Droid Officer/Maul squad? They're two of my favourite Sep pieces, so I'm interested in anything that combines them.

They are two of my favorites as well, and this one combines them with my third favorite Cad Bane:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/144590/motorcycle-maul

--Motorcycle Maul--
59 Darth Maul on Swoop Bike
43 Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
44 Commando Droid Officer x2
16 BX Commando Droid Spotter
15 BX Commando Droid Sniper
8 R7 Astromech Droid
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I haven't tried this version yet, my original version* that inspired this had new Aurra Sing but I hit a couple rough patches with her and she wasn't quite fast enough. I'm not sold on 2 Commando Officers here, but they are real good and keep the BXs moving.

*http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/143131/darth-mauls-delivery-service-2-0

TheHutts wrote:

I did mention Maul CotS initially, but edited him out when the sentence became too unwieldy. I do think it's tough to justify him over Sith Infiltrator when he needs another 20 points of support and he has to be still to get all his damage. Might work if you have Whorm in your squad for other reasons.

He is rough, you really have to go in with the mindset of setting that up perfectly, and a lot of good other Sep Tech forgoes Twin Attack these days so its harder and harder to justify. Whenever I play Maul on Swoop I always bring the card and think maaaaaybe and never really consider it during the actual game.

But if you wanna roll with some IG-86s and the like, maybe having Whorm and CotS would work, but yeah most of the time people are going to gravitate toward Sith Infiltrator (he is the best after all.)
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:36:55 AM

RA-7 Death Star Protocol Droid, from Knights of the Old Republic

Quote:
6 points, Imperial
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 15
Attack: 3

Special Abilities
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
It's a Trap! (Enemies with Stealth within 6 squares lose Stealth)

It's A Trap is a very useful Special Ability, but at the same time, it's very hard to justify spending 6 points on a piece that does nothing else but provide It's A Trap in a squad - if you do need It's A Trap in an Imperial squad, it's much more efficient to just play Lobot, and bring in a Treadwell Droid or an Aqualish Technician as required. Since it has melee attack, can't be boosted by Commander Effects, and is a negligible attacker, there's no reason to mainline the RA-7 in a squad. It does become useful as an option in reserve scenarios - if you roll a 6 with Ozzel, or bring in reserves with Wat Tambor or Kazdan, and you really need a Stealth counter, it's the cheapest It's A Trap piece available, so it might see some play. Very niche, but it might just see some play occasionally, 4/10.