RegisterDonateLogin

Mudhole? Slimy? Bloo Milk, it is!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tournament of Champions Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 4:49:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm playing a solo game, too. So looks like we'll have 3 games of this match-up played. Interested to see how it works out.

EDIT: Here's my result. (And this is also why I'm late posting the next game. Sorry about that.)

Map: Command Deck

Round 1: Advance. Gambit for both. Droid commanders hide in cells. 10-10

Round 2: Seps set up 3 trios of commandos (2 Snipers with a Spotter). Embo advances and is in range of CDCaptain. Seps have to go first just to close the cell door. Since Embo can't kill the commander, he rolls up and misses 2 shots on a BX Commando Sniper (No BH hurts him.) But the Wookiee charges in and kills 1 Sniper and puts 40dmg on a 2nd. Seps move a Mouse up so the most-forward Commando gets it Double. Combining with the Spotter behind him on the first, it hits both to kill the Wookiee. Mira takes out the damaged Sniper with Grenades, also greatly damaging the Spotter behind it. Sniper rolls a 2 vs Embo in cover but hits because he was combining fire (+22atk); 50dmg redueced to 40. Double hits without combine-fire, 40 reduced to 30. Next Sniper kills Embo but wastes his Double Atk. Talon kills the damaged Spotter. Aves and Morrigan each kill a Mouse that the Seps through in front as cannon fodder. R7s take turns locking and unlocking the same door. Last 2 Snipers go. First one gets a crit while combining fire to kill Aves in one shot (huge failed Evade). Last Sniper gets some damage on Talon. Gha grabs gambit (forward Commandos in gambit were all killed). 119-75 Seps

Round 3: Fringe wins init. Goes first. Advances Mira. Commandos regroup. Mira kills a Sniper and tries to hide, but together the other Snipers are covering everywhere she might hide, so she goes to where no spotter can see her. Sniper doubles. One crit miss, 2nd hits for 30. Sep Uggie blows a door. Gha hits Talon. Talon kills an Uggie. Uggie bases a Commando and the Spotter kills it. Morrigan kills a Sniper. Two Snipers left. One sees Morrigan but no Spotter for help. Hits both, one evaded. Seps take position. Gambit to Fringe. 122-121 Seps.

Round 4: Seps win init. Choose to go first. Seps position and can see both Mira and Morrigan. Fringe hides Mira, hoping for Morrigan to Evade. First shot, combining fire, hits, failed Evade, dead Morrigan. 2nd shot puts 30 on the R7. Mira's Grenades kill an Uggie and put 40 on a Sniper. She Mobile/Agiles to safety so she can't be shot by the other Sniper this round. R7 hides. CDCaptain (who had come out of the cell last round) kills an uggie. After Fringe is out, Sep fodder plays some games... uggie blocks one exit and R7 locks another so that Mira can't escape at the top of the next round. The Sniper and Spotter who couldn't shoot this round move to get a shot at Mira. Gambit for both. 166-134 Seps.

Round 5: Seps win init. Intuition to cover everywhere Mira can run (stuck in the gambit room). Mira is stuck but moves to where she at least has cover. Doesn't matter: +22 combining fire. Puts Seps to 194pts. Talon kills an uggie before Seps get gambit to win. Final score: 204-137.

I picked the map just because it seemed pretty balanced and I hadn't played on it in a while, but after playing I think it favors Seps slightly. Not too much green for Mira. Some - but it's avoidable mostly. And nowhere to hide in gambit, and hard to hide outside gambit.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:39:32 PM

FINAL RESULTS FOR Game #6

Fringe: 14pts
Votes: jerjerrod4, Amadeus, urbanjedi, spryguy1981
Win: spryguy vs jerjerrod (10pts)

Seps: 18pts
Votes: FlyingArrow, Darth_Frenchy, TheHutts
Win: FlyingArrow solo (5pts)
Win: urbanshmi vs urbanjedi

Result will be reflected in the bracket here: http://challonge.com/xu51nfsp

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:40:00 PM

GAME #7: "ehh..." vs "Rouge 1 Standing By"

Please vote for which squad you think would win, assuming equally skilled players (1 point per vote).
Try to persuade others to agree with you.
If you play a game with these squads against yourself (solo playtest), it's worth 5 points to the winning squad.
Two-player games count even more (10 points to the winning squad).
The squad with the most points wins.

If fingersandteeth and CorranHornsux123 themselves (or their designated proxies) play any games, they are worth 1000 points each, so they pretty much dictate the final result, regardless of other voting or other results.

--ehh... (GenCon 2017 2nd Place squad by fingersandteeth)--
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
34 Jedi Master K'Kruhk
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
23 Anakin Solo
23 General Wedge Antilles
9 General Dodonna
7 Felucian
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 9 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/186034/ehh-----gencon-2017-2nd-place-squad-by-fingersandteeth-

--Rouge 1 Standing By--
31 Jyn Erso
26 Captain Cassian Andor
24 K-2SO
22 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
19 Bodhi Rook
64 Rogue One Marine x4
14 General Rieekan

(200pts. 10 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/186031/rouge-1-standing-by

Deadline: 24 hours (9:40pm EST, 27 Feb 2018). Votes must be posted by the deadline. If you plan to play a game, games can be played up to 48 hours after the deadline but intent to play must be announced by the deadline.

If there are 12 hours with no votes or discussion, the match-up may be ended early.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:44:33 PM
Groups: Member

WHo is playing?
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:48:28 PM

ehh... will win 100% of the time for reasons.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:57:53 PM

Second place at GenCon vs. poorly optimized Rogue One (why is Luke even in it? I could understand if the squad had Galen Erso, but why take him above more Unique Rogue One? Why have Bodhi without his biggest trick?) DarkDracul said it all, lol.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:07:27 PM

Fringe beats seps when we played but Nate (Jerjerrod4) also rolled 3 1's on combine shots 2 of those times. 200+ to 186.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:08:12 PM

As to the other game I vote NR no contest.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:09:39 PM

Laura and I actually played 2 games of the Talon vs Aves because it was pretty fun

The squads split the games, with map, and some rolls basically deciding it.

G1
Game on Asteroid Base. Seps win like 200+ to 140 or so as they get to gambit rd 1, and don't let up. Won a couple of key inits, but basically just kept throwing blockers in the way so that the Fringe had to waste time clearing blockers before going after the good stuff. Fringe did keep it pretty close with I think just 1 spotter making it to the end and no snipers.

G2
On Jabba's Palace. Fringe win 200+ to 160 some. Fringe get a better setup and start, and the seps win the key init to take out Embo before he can get a second guy. The wookiee and Aves take care of 2 snipers, and it is back and forth. Seps try and use the same tactics using the scrubs as blockers, but they can't quite control as much and Mira and Morrigan both survive to the end with 40 left (everyone else on the fringe dead), while the seps have just a sniper and scrubs left.

So after playing the matchup twice, it really just comes down to map, rolls (Attack, evade, energy shield) and placement, although the seps might have the advantage that their squad is more forgiving and requires less perfect play as a mistake for the fringe can easily lead to a dead talon or mira.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:16:31 PM

I vote NR in the NR vs Rogue One matchup.

I do love the name Rouge 1, though. Red 5 in Rogue One = Rouge 1. Makes perfect sense.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:18:50 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
Laura and I actually played 2 games of the Talon vs Aves because it was pretty fun

You just had to play that second game causing my squad to lose overall, didn't you? LOL

On a more serious note, does the second game actually count? You did say before the deadline you were going to play a game, not two. Can the Seps snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, or is the game legit? I'm not too fussed either way, just curious about the strictness of the rules.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:26:05 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:

You just had to play that second game causing my squad to lose overall, didn't you? LOL

On a more serious note, does the second game actually count? You did say before the deadline you were going to play a game, not two. Can the Seps snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, or is the game legit? I'm not too fussed either way, just curious about the strictness of the rules.

On appeal, you're right. I debated whether to count it. On one hand, I want to promote more games being played (and not have people feel like their game play was a waste), but on the other hand urbanjedi only said that one game was coming. On a technicality, the second game will not count.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:17:58 AM

FINAL RESULTS FOR Game #7

NR: "ehh..." (aka Corellian Solo Charge): 4pts
Votes: DarkDracul, FlyingArrow, gandalfthegreatestwizard, spryguy1981

Rebel: "Rouge 1 Standing By"

Result reflected in the bracket here: http://challonge.com/xu51nfsp

12 hours with no votes or discussion, so this match-up is ending early.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:18:43 AM

GAME #8: "Three Kings" vs "Triple Ven"

Please vote for which squad you think would win, assuming equally skilled players (1 point per vote).
Try to persuade others to agree with you.
If you play a game with these squads against yourself (solo playtest), it's worth 5 points to the winning squad.
Two-player games count even more (10 points to the winning squad).
The squad with the most points wins.

If Darth_Moore and FlyingArrow themselves (or their designated proxies) play any games, they are worth 1000 points each, so they pretty much dictate the final result, regardless of other voting or other results.

--Three kings (4th at Gencon 2017)--
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
56 Jango Fett, Mandalore
38 Mandalore the Resurrector
28 Kelborn
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Mandalorian Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 7 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/172394/three-kings--4th-at-gencon-2017-

--Triple Ven--
46 Ven Zallow, Jedi Master
37 Satele Shan
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
18 Wookiee Commander
44 Wookiee Scoundrel x4
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Loth-cat
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 13 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/184513/triple-ven

Deadline: 24 hours (10:18am EST, 28 Feb 2018). Votes must be posted by the deadline. If you plan to play a game, games can be reported up to 48 hours after the deadline, but intent to play (and the number of games) must be announced by the deadline.

If there are 12 hours with no votes or discussion, the match-up may be ended early.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:53:53 AM

Gonna have to get a game in here because to me this one is roll reliant at first glance.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:28:17 AM

This is a crazy match to wrap your head around. OR has a lot going for them, but Mandos do have disruptive. The mandos aren't CE reliant, but jango not getting advantageous kinda sucks. The mandos have a ton of movement and OR really have none. A very interesting matchup for sure.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:02:02 AM

I give the edge to mandos here, although I love the OR squad and think it will be close. OR relies too much on Cunning for damage. Which they won't usually get in this match up. But I do think it's likely to be a wild game.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:35:05 PM

Laura and I played this one.

On Rhen Var OR on the Left, Mandos on the right.

OR set up in the middle ish (bastilla in the room), while Mandos set up in the lower right corner. Mandos moved up, Jango as far onto the ledge so he could resolnaire over and get a furious in rd 2, OR moved people up.

Rd 2. OR wins init and turns on Bastilla. Jango does indeed blast everyone and does 20 to everyone except Ven and I think one wookiee around the corner. some wookiee hits and a run 10 and triple by Ven (even though 2 were missed) drops Jango to 30 left. Not much other action in this round. Got some shots on Satele but she absorbed so was back to full

Rd 3. OR wins init again and Ven finishes off Jango and moves up to the door. Vindicated gets some damage in on him, while Resurector drops the OR R7 so that half the squad gets locked in the hallway. OR gets a wookiee hit through on Vindicated, and starts running everyone around that way. Satele takes some damage this round as well as well as getting some damage in on Resurector. Bastilla turns on again.

Rd 4. Mandos win init. Kelborn tries to finish off Satele, but misses both attacks. Ven then blows up all over vindicated, critting and then hitting again, and then a failed save on his push kills vindicated. That lets Satele finish off the resurrector. One of the Demos tries to finish off a wookiee but misses, then dies to that wookiee, while the other one misses satele, then dies to one of the other wookies. bastilla turns off.

Rd 5 OR wins init, satele drops some damage on Kelborn. Kelborn then moves away (drops to 10) to kill the wookiee in the hallway and lock the door so that no one else can take shots. The commander lets one of the wooks move 2 extra, so that one of the wookiees can at least make it into the room from the other direction.

Rd 6 OR wins init and drops Kelborn. Game over

The game turned south for Mandos when the OR won inits 2 and 3. Either one and the Jango probably takes out all the wookies and possibly survives by being out of reach.

urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:36:26 PM

I think Mandos have the slight edge, but rolls (especially init) is a huge roll, as both squads want to go first with cunning and such. With advantageous, the wookiees are kinda sitting ducks.

So Vote Mandos
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 4:15:07 PM

I'll vote OR. Since it seems 50/50 and I'm 100% biased.

Sounds like Bastila took a pretty big risk by not turning on in round one.