RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build strong bones and healthy initiative rolls.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tournament of Champions Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:46:00 AM
Groups: Member

I vote Skybuck even it's not the most optimized version these days in my humble opinion.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:54:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm voting Skybuck, but I think it's closer than most probably realize. Aves shutting down boardwide-swap is a pretty big deal. With Marn bringing in Ewok, Mouse, Tusken Raider the activations are even to start. Yobuck still hits hard, but isn't nearly as hard to track down.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:50:23 PM

voting Skybuck.

Boardwide swap isn't necessarily needed in this case. by bringing aves, the HC severly hinder their attack prowess. U just tow up with R2, then later base R2 with skyguy, then send Yobuck on a run through the enemy. Kill a bunch of the scrubs, and do 20 to both dash and mira if you can, or just one if it isn't a good spot for it. Hopefully you can get where they can't shoot back right away or if they do they are way out of position.

If yobuck survives to get a second turn, it is really game over, but assuming the worst and he doesn't, you just tow in ani and smush the one attacker that has taken damage (preferably dash) and then hope to have mira miss (or make the LS defense save). If sky guy lives, you are again golden. skybuck dash should have been able to work through jarael by now, plus maybe the kajidi or something else. Assuming the worst and he dies, then you still have your dash plus scrubs to their few remaining guys (so you should outact and be able to finish off Mira and anyone else end the party.

And that is without boardwide swap. If any of your guys live to the next round, you can always swap them out at the top of the round (or let them attack again)

Very uphill battle for HC IMO

urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:51:58 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
I vote Skybuck even it's not the most optimized version these days in my humble opinion.

Yeah, it should have a mouse instead of one of the rodians (and maybe a second uggie). I couldn't recall the exact build I used for gencon (and couldn't find a tourney report) when TJ was asking me about the squad. The only one I had saved was the IN regional winning one with Marn
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 12:51:32 AM

Will try and get a game of yobuck/hc in sometime on Friday. Either solo or if Laura iswamts to
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 7:05:33 AM

FINAL RESULTS FOR Game #10

"Skybuck": 9pts
Votes: FlyingArrow, urbanjedi, TheHutts, spryguy
Win: urbanjedi (5pts)

"Hutt Cartel Kajidii on Hoversled": 0pts

Result will be reflected in the bracket here: http://challonge.com/xu51nfsp

Results are tentative:
Waiting on the result from urbanjedi's game. That game (even if solo) will dictate the result. Result must be posted by 9:59am EST, 4 Mar 2018.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 7:07:38 AM

GAME #11: "Prison Break" vs "Just Paid for Itself"

Please vote for which squad you think would win, assuming equally skilled players (1 point per vote).
Try to persuade others to agree with you.
If you play a game with these squads against yourself (solo playtest), it's worth 5 points to the winning squad.
Two-player games count even more (10 points to the winning squad).
The squad with the most points wins.

If thereisnotry and gandalfthegreatestwizard themselves (or their designated proxies) play any games, they are worth 1000 points each, so they pretty much dictate the final result, regardless of other voting or other results.

--Prison Break - Winner of GenCon 2016 Championship--
55 Luke and Leia on Speeder
30 Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
25 Sabine Wren
24 Han Solo, Captain of the Millennium Falcon (off board at start of skirmish)
21 Lando Calrissian, Infiltrator
16 General Crix Madine
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
Han Solo in Carbonite (not an activation)

(200pts. 8 activations. 9 activations after unfreezing Han.)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/170151/prison-break---winner-of-gencon-2016-championship

--Just paid for itself--
23 Commando Droid Captain
45 BX Commando Droid Spotter x3
84 BX Commando Droid Sniper x6
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
7 R7 Astromech Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
12 Mouse Droid x4

(200pts. 20 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179299/just-paid-for-itself

Deadline: 24 hours (). Votes must be posted by the deadline. If you plan to play a game, games can be reported up to 48 hours after the deadline, but intent to play (and the number of games) must be announced by the deadline.

If there are 12 hours with no votes or discussion, the match-up may be ended early.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 9:18:48 AM

My vote is Rebels. Small strafes to thin out the herd then drop in hard after it's even.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 10:06:05 AM

I vote Rebels. Pretty hard for the Seps to catch the speeder with Heavy Weapon.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 10:30:22 AM

Rebels, if seps had MTB and sanhill I would say the seps though.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 3:02:33 PM

Kybuck vs Hutt Cartel

I played this solo. Played on Theed. Kybuck on the left. HC on the right. Brought in ewok,tusken, mouse for HC as well as Aves (as hutts mentioned) to even up acts and stop the boardwide swap. Rd 1 the HC positioned mira/dash/others in the little room with the one wide hallway with the noble out front. Jarael and a couple others in the room further down the map. Jareal makes the break for gambit late in the round. Kubuck takes a late gallop to kill a few scrubs (rodian uggie, gran, and put 20 on the kajidi and mira). Takes 80 on AoOs. Mira was the last to go in the round and missed an attack on kybuck (needing 10s with FPRR) to drop him to 60. Gambit for Jarael.

Rd 2
HC wins init, Mira goes looking for a crit to try and kill kybuck, hits both but no crits, dropping kybuck to 20. Kybuck swaps out back to R2, and the game is afoot. Swapped in rodian dies, and some more non-stuff. HC picks off another rodian, jarael retreats a bit (still in gambit) until Skyguy pushes her out (for 20 damage). End of the round Kybuck goes and rolls the 1 on salacious, and then does 30 to aves and HC Dash.
Gambit for skywalker

Rd 3
HC wins init, and kills yoda (aves with 2x combined fire). some more spinning around and positioning battles. HC picking off some more acts. Sky guy goes and gets 30 through on Jarael and then steps away so she can't triple. She get so a better spot and hit skywalker after salacious comes up for to grant deathstrike. Dash gets swapped up (aves was on so it was not a big swap) then comes in adjacent to both salacious and jarael, and kills jarael, but biffs on salacious. The door closes and Mira can't get it open so has to hang back.
Gambit for skywalker

Rd 4
R2 locks the door and republic regroups. Mira gets pushed out to pop it open and throw a grenade (spaarti makes the save but rodian doesn't). Then she retreats. Skywalker comes pounding in and gets 30 through on Mira and Hostage shield takes the caamasi. Dash works on picking off the last couple remaining fodder pieces of the HC.
Gambit Panaka.

Rd 5
HC wins init and Mira kills skywalker with a crit and holes back up in her cubby. Not much left to do at this point. Dash takes out Aves (but not much else) and panaka gets 20 in on Marn.
Panaka gambit

Rd 6
HC wins init and Mira dumps 60 on panaka (with a crit). Marn takes care of a spaarti and Dash comes in and Does just enough to get Marn and the Tusken dead (through hostage shield) but can't kill Mira.
Panaka gambit Rep over 200

End of Game
Panaka (10hp), Dash, R2, Rodian, Mas left to Mira (20HP) and mouse left for the HC.

221 - 139 if my math is correct.

I agree with TJ, much closer than it looks, and the hostage shield is great for HC if it can make the saves.

urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 3:07:11 PM

Prison break VS Paid for itself.

I vote Prison break.

In round 2, I would expect the Speeder to be able to get a good strafe late in the round to hit a bunch of guys for 20, and be able to also get out of sight of the remaining seps (maybe only 2 or 3 left). Then a cunning 20 strafe at the top of the next round (even if it takes 80 with a spotter assisted shot and losing init and failing the deflect) should be able to clean up a bunch of the seps. From there, the seps may still not be able to kill the speeder, but even if they do, they are down so much firepower, the rest of the rebels clean up.

Or, like Spry said, if the Rebels try and spread out, it is shorter strafes, just working through guys.

urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 3:11:40 PM

Darth_Frenchy wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
With nearly everyone having agile or mobile, makes it very difficult for the seps to get any shots at all. And the Fringe CAN just shoot through the energy shield if they want. 50% chance that droid takes damage, only 25% that the shooter does, so the odds are in the shooter's favor.

Does that math work out quite right? If you hit, you roll a save to either take the damage or avoid it and have the original target take the damage. I believe that is a 50/50 chance of taking damage or not? Unless you are counting the initial roll? But then the chance of receiving damage would still be the same.

Energy Shield (When this character or an adjacent character is hit by an attack from an enemy that is not adjacent to either, that character takes no damage and the attacker takes damage equal to the prevented damage; the attacker can avoid this effect with a save of 11.)

Best Ranged save based defense in the game btw. Wheres the Jedi equivalent? ;) Just kidding!!

Oops. Was thinking of something else I guess. NEver came up in the games we played ass the seps had stealth, so it was normally just as easy to base them rather than shoot at them from range.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 4:32:54 PM

Prison Break for the win!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:25:31 AM

FINAL RESULTS FOR Game #11

"Prison Break": 5pts
Votes: urbanjedi, DarkDracul, spryguy, Darth_Frenchy, TheHutts

"Just Paid for Itself.": 0pts

Result will be reflected in the bracket here: http://challonge.com/xu51nfsp

Whoops. I forgot to vote on this one.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:28:55 AM

GAME #12: "ehh..." (Corellian Solo Charge) vs "Triple Ven"

Please vote for which squad you think would win, assuming equally skilled players (1 point per vote).
Try to persuade others to agree with you.
If you play a game with these squads against yourself (solo playtest), it's worth 5 points to the winning squad.
Two-player games count even more (10 points to the winning squad).
The squad with the most points wins.

If fingersandteeth and FlyingArrow themselves (or their designated proxies) play any games, they are worth 1000 points each, so they pretty much dictate the final result, regardless of other voting or other results.

--ehh... (GenCon 2017 2nd Place squad by fingersandteeth)--
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
34 Jedi Master K'Kruhk
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
23 Anakin Solo
23 General Wedge Antilles
9 General Dodonna
7 Felucian
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 9 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/186034/ehh-----gencon-2017-2nd-place-squad-by-fingersandteeth-

--Triple Ven--
46 Ven Zallow, Jedi Master
37 Satele Shan
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
18 Wookiee Commander
44 Wookiee Scoundrel x4
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Loth-cat
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 13 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/184513/triple-ven

Deadline: 24 hours (12:29pm EST, 4 Mar 2018). Votes must be posted by the deadline. If you plan to play a game, games can be reported up to 48 hours after the deadline, but intent to play (and the number of games) must be announced by the deadline.

If there are 12 hours with no votes or discussion, the match-up may be ended early.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:53:32 PM

I would have to go with NR. Kkruhk gets in your face, forced to kill him and then Annie blows up in your face. NR has a movement breaker and out activates when bastilla is off. They will be tied after lobot reinforcements most likely while bastilla is on. I just think it it to much to overcome if played well.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:24:51 PM

Van only takes 10 damage from Unleash the Force . . . right?

Stalwart (Immune to enemy abilities and commander effects that trigger based on a critical hit or the attack number rolled. Whenever this character takes more than 10 damage from an enemy's ability that replaces attacks, immediately reduce the damage to 10. The reduced damage cannot be prevented or redirected.)

Unleash the Force 60 (Force 4, replaces attacks, usable only after an ally with a Force rating is defeated: 60 damage to all other characters within 6 squares; save 11 to reduce damage to 30)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 1:53:23 PM

I plan to get in a play of this one.

Yes, Ven only takes 10 damage from utf.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 4:45:35 PM

I'll be getting one of these in as well