RegisterDonateLogin

Your father wanted you to have Bloo Milk when you were old enough.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:55:00 PM
Groups: Member

thereisnotry wrote:
Fun! Sign me up! Thanks for running this!

And actually, since we'll be playing on Vassal, I could even put together a specific Legends Extension for the Vassal mod (just like the V-Set Extension that I made for the V-Sets), if you'd like. If you want me to, just let me know.

Assuming the Legends ext is a go, once I have all the stats I'll put it together and post a link to download it, along with instructions for installation. If I get it done within a week, that will give all participants a chance to download and install the Legends ext before the tournament begins.

That would be HUGE! thanks TINT, I will have the full set in Vassal in a few hours. I have NR, Mandos, Fringe left to go. So everything should be up in a couple of hours. Thanks once again man!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:17:19 PM

This sounds freakin cool guys! Like the rule changes :) I'm keen to play :) Oli- challenge accepted! :) Rock on September
Amadeus
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:25:44 PM

This sounds awesome! Put me down as a maybe, I'm back in school then and don't know if I have time yet.
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:32:17 PM

Amadeus wrote:
This sounds awesome! Put me down as a maybe, I'm back in school then and don't know if I have time yet.

If it helps, you will have a week to get in the week 1 game, so as long as you think you can set up a time with your opponent and get the game in, you should be fine BigGrin

We'd love to have you participate! BlooMilk
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:19:16 PM

Amadeus I am in the same boat as you with school, and this appears to be a heavy semester for me. I am going to go ahead and sign up for it though, because this set has been a lot of fun, most fun I have had playing minis in a LONG time, so even if you think you are going to be busy I would at least check out the pieces and mess around with them.
SignerJ
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:06:09 PM

I have the same conflicts with school, and I've never played on VASSAL before (I've never played in a tournament before, either, haha), so put me in as a maybe.
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:30:19 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/Set/1444/legends

There is a link to the set here on Bloomilk! I will post the complete set of V-60 or as we call it Vset Allstars as soon as I am done eating.

Everyone keep in mind, these figures were not made with the intent of them operating inside of the standard miniatures game. They were made to work within the rules which I posted for this tournament.
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:15:56 PM

Ok I posted the Vset Allstars complete list, as well as a link to the LEGENDS set in the first post for this thread. I am also updating that post with a list of people who will be playing in the tournament!
THEGUNGAN
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:03:22 PM

Too many rule changes. I am out.
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:41:25 PM

THEGUNGAN wrote:
Too many rule changes. I am out.

Cool
Mando
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 6:17:30 AM

Sounds interesting. What time does the tournament start? I work on Monday til 5pm (central), but this sounds fun and would like to join. Is this going to be like the NZ tournament where you schedule your matches with the opponent your paired with or is it like the Vassal regional where you have to be there on Monday on Vassal for the set time?
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 6:31:30 AM

Mando wrote:
Sounds interesting. What time does the tournament start? I work on Monday til 5pm (central), but this sounds fun and would like to join. Is this going to be like the NZ tournament where you schedule your matches with the opponent your paired with or is it like the Vassal regional where you have to be there on Monday on Vassal for the set time?

I will announce the pairings for the first week before Monday, and then you will have an entire week to schedule your games. So to answer your question, yes it will be like the NZ Vassal Tournament that you all hosted a while back. Would love to have you join!
Mando
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 7:33:04 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Mando wrote:

I will announce the pairings for the first week before Monday, and then you will have an entire week to schedule your games. So to answer your question, yes it will be like the NZ Vassal Tournament that you all hosted a while back. Would love to have you join!

Sounds good! Sign me up then!

I looked over the set list and it seems very well made, although I'm sure I'm going to need about 30 minutes prior to matches just trying to remember what the new abilities do on the opponents team. Laugh

I think some of these pieces in this set are ingenious and wouldn't mind seeing some of them in a upcoming V-set. It'll be fun to see what squads people bring. Are we having it so you can only bring 1 squad and that is what you use the whole tournament or is it like the NZ tournament where you can change you squad every round?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 8:27:48 AM

Mando wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
Mando wrote:

Sounds good! Sign me up then!

I looked over the set list and it seems very well made, although I'm sure I'm going to need about 30 minutes prior to matches just trying to remember what the new abilities do on the opponents team. Laugh

I think some of these pieces in this set are ingenious and wouldn't mind seeing some of them in a upcoming V-set. It'll be fun to see what squads people bring. Are we having it so you can only bring 1 squad and that is what you use the whole tournament or is it like the NZ tournament where you can change you squad every round?

we want people to play with as many pieces as possible so a new squad will be allowed every round. will be funner that way.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 9:39:15 AM

I am curious about which pieces you like the most, or which ones you think might be included in the v-sets.
Mando
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 12:09:08 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I am curious about which pieces you like the most, or which ones you think might be included in the v-sets.

Since I don't have much time on my break, here are just 2 of the ones that i saw that interested me: Rahm Kota and Galen Marek, Leader of the Rebellion. I think they are pretty well balanced. I like the fact that Galen has Independant Outfit (i wish Rahm Kota had it also in case these were made so you could pair them with Talon Karrde, Information broker). I also like the SA Stalwart. Very neat idea! There are a lot of SA's and Force Powers out there right now that can activate, so I could see Stalwart being a SA that could make its way onto future pieces as a counter to that.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 1:04:34 PM

Mando wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Since I don't have much time on my break, here are just 2 of the ones that i saw that interested me: Rahm Kota and Galen Marek, Leader of the Rebellion. I think they are pretty well balanced. I like the fact that Galen has Independant Outfit (i wish Rahm Kota had it also in case these were made so you could pair them with Talon Karrde, Information broker). I also like the SA Stalwart. Very neat idea! There are a lot of SA's and Force Powers out there right now that can activate, so I could see Stalwart being a SA that could make its way onto future pieces as a counter to that.

it is interesting that you liked stalwart because I designed the rahm and honestly thought it was a v-set ability alrdy. I am sure someone either showed it to me, or it was on a v-set piece at some point during playtesting, so I can not take credit for it. as far as talon goes we designed these pieces without the rest of the v-sets being legal so talon did not figure into the design for these pieces. Galen was designed by Shmi15, we basically talked about what we wanted to do with each figure and designed them together on the phone then put them on paper.
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 2:20:31 PM

Mando, I added you to the list for the tournament. I also talked to Christian (dieandbemetal) and he is signed up for the tournament now as well. We are at 10 now for the release event, and we have a handful of maybe's including fingersandteeth who I talked to the other day.
Dr Daman
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 4:21:45 PM

I think I can play this. Count me in!! pew pew
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 6:55:04 PM

Going to talk about my favorite piece from each faction a little and describe why I like it. First we have old republic, I am going to have to go with nomi here. I love how she is so limited unless she is in all force using squads, it may be hard to do now, but I think the future holds great things for Nomi. Next we have sith, here I am torn between basically all of them, but I am going to go with Nihl, rapport 16?! It just breaks the mold form low rapports, which frankly don’t do much for me when you are talking uniques. Next up is republic, and I am going to admit I am extremely biased on this because I designed her so I choose Shaak Ti because she is my pride and joy and I love her plain and simple lol. Now onto Seps, I am going to give a shout out to Durge here. I played against him in one of the FUNNEST games I have ever played. Rebels I am going to go with Chewbacca, pride of kashyyyk. Love the flavor of this piece, so much fun. Imperials I am going to go with Starkiller’s Clone, what a bag of force using tricks. Save his force points for clean-up, or run in and nuke? That is the question. New Republic, this one is interesting I originally was going to go with Ben, I designed him and I like him a lot, but fact is I have never played him lol, the one I am going to go with is Cade, so much fun can’t stress that enough, I sat down and used Jariah freaking syn in a game with cade and he was close to being MVP. Mando’s I am going to go with Artus Lok, mandalorian charge and mandalorian armor are such cool new abilities to me I just couldn’t pass on him. And fringe…. Ummmmm can I just say all of them? So many good options here…. Hmmmm…. I will say that while I think Boba is the best, and nico is most important, I am going to rock Calo as my favorite. His design is so that he can’t move and is refreshing to get away from greater mobile attack style pieces.