RegisterDonateLogin

The perfect complement to Wookiee Cookiees.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 12:55:58 PM
Groups: Member

As a friendly reminder, deadline to sign up for the LEGENDS Vassal Release Tournament, is this Sunday at Midnight! Hope to see all of you on Vassal, this Legends Extension that TiNT made is awesome by the way!
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:49:52 PM

Instead of doing a 10 dollar certificate for Pego's Miniature store, Pego has decided he will do one better for the tournament. 2nd place will now receive a complete sealed set of Imperial Entanglements. Sealed, as in unopened, complete set.

Pretty freaking cool, thanks Pego!!!
Amadeus
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:10:43 AM

Alright put my down as a yes, I've gotten my schedule sorted out.

Trying to convince a friend from my playgroup to join too but I don't have super high hopes :P
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:57:59 AM

Awesome glad to have you on board! Hope your friend joins us as well!
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:11:53 AM

Today is the last day to sign up for the tournament! You have until 11:59pm. I will announce pairings for the first round around midnight, and will also bloomail everyone involved to make sure everyone knows who they will be facing in the first round. There is plenty of time to sign up and have some fun with us on Vassal, so if you have not signed up yet, and have been on the fence, there is still plenty of time to make up your mind.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:44:30 AM

So by Vong not being listed I assume I can play whatever Vong pieces I want?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:09:30 AM

you can run whatever wizards vong pieces you want, there are no v-set vong pieces kept.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:12:26 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
you can run whatever wizards vong pieces you want, there are no v-set vong pieces kept.

Wow, okay.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:16:26 AM

Weeks wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Wow, okay.

yeah we just don't like vong... but we have asked for ideas and stuff for them for future sets, and maybe when we revote on v-set all stars some will get added at a later date... personally I am looking at you Vua Rapuung
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 11:20:00 AM

Weeks wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Wow, okay.

None of us followed the Vong story, none of us are fans of Vong, For the most part we have had an overwhelming amount of people say that they are glad we left the Vong out. I personally feel like, if you don't know, or understand a character you shouldn't be designing it. It makes for poor designs.

This set was designed for our personal use only, but we had such a blast playtesting, that we eventually let others in on it through Vassal, in which they also had an amazing time Playtesting. I remember a game I had with Darth O in which he said that our game was the most fun he has ever had playing star wars minis ever. So it was with that enthusiasm that we decided to share it with more people.

And with 14 people already signed up, I'm glad we decided to do that. David would love to have you try it out, it's been too long since we last played on Vassal.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 11:28:35 AM

also, there are those that wanted me to specify what I meant when I said, we switched Soresu Mastery back to the WoTC errata, here is what that means: Soresu Style Mastery only affects non-melee attacks.

I will put this in the initial post as well. So if you move adjacent to gowk with a Melee piece you can score damage. Shooters however, even if you move adjacent GoWK gets to make a save.
General_grief
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 12:22:10 PM

I'll sign up Bronson
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 2:32:47 PM

Excellent news, glad to have you on board!
scruffyhan
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:32:11 PM

after looking through this set I have to say that I am extremely impressed. Absolutely excellent. Top to bottom. I'm in. That means the other 15 of you can just pack it up. Not to brag, because I am above that and would never do something as petty, but when the scruffy one enters a tournament, all I do is win.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:12:41 PM

Ok, the deadline has passed. We have 16 participants for the tournament. As stated we will be playing 4 rounds, with a playoff for the top 4. Participants have until September 21st at 11:59pm Central Time to get their games in. If participants are unable to get their game in, I will contact both players and find out what the hold up was. If one player tried to get the game in, and the other was unresponsive, then I will award the player who tried a full win. If both players tried but neither's schedule worked out, It will be counted as a tie.

Hopefully neither of these things will have to happen and we can have a good, fun filled tournament. Everyone who worked on this set is really excited to begin this tournament. So without further delay, here are the 1ST ROUND PAIRINGS!

-LEGENDS Tournament- (Rd 1) (FIGHT)

Deathwielded vs Deaths_Baine
obiwan1knight vs General_Grief
DarthRattlehead vs theultrastar
Amadeus vs pegolego
Dr. Daman vs thereisnotry
shmi15 vs Darth O
spryguy1981 vs dieandbemetal
Mando vs scruffyhan
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:42:26 AM

theultrastar wrote:

Anyone else read that in the mortal combat announcers voice? lol.

I'm super excited to dive in and start playing. I made some squads and I felt actually pretty relieved that I could make some squads that are more for fun that I know will be competitive enough. Not having to worry about Bastila, Poggle Bombs, Int Control and Daala, make for a much free'er squad building experience.

I hope this whole thing goes well and we add more pieces with a Legends Set 2 (which I would be glad to contribute toThumbsUp) and have some more V-set All-stars.

BTW I have read the Vong Story line, but I haven't been a huge fan of them in mini's cuz they play differently then what I imagine they would when I read about them. I would be glad to help balence them out for the Legends Format some time. (Vong are a Melee-Centric faction)

theultrastar wrote:
Deathwielded vs Deaths_Baine

Hmm, Death vs it's Bane eh? Wink
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:45:33 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

I'm super excited to dive in and start playing. I made some squads and I felt actually pretty relieved that I could make some squads that are more for fun that I know will be competitive enough. Not having to worry about Bastila, Poggle Bombs, Int Control and Daala, make for a much free'er squad building experience.

I hope this whole thing goes well and we add more pieces with a Legends Set 2 (which I would be glad to contribute toThumbsUp) and have some more V-set All-stars.

BTW I have read the Vong Story line, but I haven't been a huge fan of them in mini's cuz they play differently then what I imagine they would when I read about them. I would be glad to help balence them out for the Legends Format some time. (Vong are a Melee-Centric faction)

There will definitely be more sets coming. We will start working on set 2, soon after this tournament.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:59:38 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

Actually, I read it in the Street Fighter combat announcer's voice:
I loved this game!
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:09:29 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

I loved this game!

Acually I think that was the voice I was thinking of!
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 8:48:33 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

I loved this game!

That's what I was going for haha