RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
pegolego
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:11:03 PM
Groups: Member

scruffyhan wrote:
after looking through this set I have to say that I am extremely impressed. Absolutely excellent. Top to bottom. I'm in. That means the other 15 of you can just pack it up. Not to brag, because I am above that and would never do something as petty, but when the scruffy one enters a tournament, all I do is win.

Excellent! Perhaps at last we shall have a rematch...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes, so we all may as well at least try Meh
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:42:30 AM

Try not! Do, or do not.

-Thereisnotry.
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:47:26 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Try not! Do, or do not.

-Thereisnotry.

OMG
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:48:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I thought Yoda said that.
Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:31:26 AM

theultrastar wrote:
4. All commander effects (even the ones that are rangeless, like on Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero) have a range of 6

Can we please clarify this (if it hasn't been already)? Some of the LEGENDS pieces have CEs that have a lower than 6 range (Tarkins FSM for example). Does this rule make his range now 6? I understand that the intention was probably to restrict the range less CEs. The way this is worded makes it look like a CE with a range lower than 6 now becomes much better.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:18:09 AM

If a CE does not have a range to it, such as Luke Galactic Hero, it is now considered to be a range of 6. If they are like Tarkin that has a range, then this does not apply even if it is lower than 6. And yeah the intention was to restrict rangeless CE's so that commanders had to stay with their squad and actually command.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:32:12 AM

--Revenge of the Sith--
Darth Maul, Instrument of Fear (Legends) 47
Quinlan Vos, Double Agent (V-set AS) 39
Darth Sidious (CS) 36
Sora Bulq (V-set AS) 33
General Whorm Loathsom (GaW) 20
R7 Astromech Droid (GaW) x2 16
Mouse Droid (IE) 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist (CotF) x2 6

I was facing Amadeus and his Separatist squad which included the TN Durge and Bossk, as well as 4-Lom, BH, led by Cad Bane, BH. He had Lobot and reinforced with Dr. Evazan, GC.

Map roll went to Amadeus, one of the few rolls that went his way the whole game. I took Charging Fire +10 with Con Artist for Quinlan. I setup on the left side of his map, which was Theed Palace, he setup on the right.

Round 1, I won initiative, we moved towards the middle of the board. Neither scored gambit this round.

Round 2, Amadeus won initiative this time. I moved Sora Bulq in after a few phases, lightsaber throwing an Ugnaught in the process to open up a place to move in Maul. Amadeus took several shots at Sora with his other characters (hitting most if not all of them) but I believe I made ALL of the Soresu saves (Scared), though I had to reroll some to do so. I then proceeded to Pawn Maul and move him up into position to Sweep a Mouse, Rodian, Bossk and Durge. As my last act, I did so, dealing 40 to all of the above (only 10 to the 3 point ones, of course), with Shii-Choo helping immensely. Cad Bane took some shots at Maul/Sora/Quin with Furious, but I believe Quin was the only one who took any damage (40) from this barrage, due to Soresu.

Round 3, I won the initiative check, and elected to go 2nd in order to get more damage out when my turn did come around. Amadeus shot at Maul with 4-LOM. One shot missed, the 2nd was a CRIT (one of what was eventually quite a few untimely critical hits by Amadeus this round lol, but I had my share of 20's to, they just happened to mostly fall on Soresu saves), which would have been 60(!) damage, but I saved it and the Paralysis save as well. I then proceeded to finish hit Durge with Sith Rage, but he made one of his Shields saves (he had failed both last round, so he now had 10 HP left), and so I had a bit of a dilemma... I ultimately elected to use Sora's LS Throw to take him out from a safe distance and hopefully save Maul's 'extra turn' with Sidious' PotDS for more potential damage later. I killed Durge, but things then took an unexpected twist...

Bossk, Wookiee Hunter took his turn. I DO have 24 Defense from Shii-Choo still at this point, so I wasn't overly concerned, until BAM! Critical hit on the first roll. Well, that's just 30 Damage with Shii-Choo I say, so ok. But it didn't stop there. The Twin Attack missed, so things were still looking pretty good, until he took the next shot... ANOTHER Critical hit! And on the hit that counted for Rend +10 no less, 40 damage shot this time, Maul was feeling the pain now. The last attack hit as well, but it ultimately was irrelevant (Dr. Evazan made sure of that lol), as the not-so-good Dr. came in and attempted an ultimately-fatal surgery on Darth Maul in an effort to repair his missing lower half. I was left with Quinlan Vos in range to do anything, so I charged in and was able to kill Bossk off. Cad Bane then made a Furious final effort, but it was ultimately futile, as my gang was left hanging on for dear life, but with it's life mostly intact.

Final score: pego 81, Amadeus 50 (he wasn't able to get any Gambit, and I don't blame him, with all these scary Dark Jedi in that room!).

It was a hard fought game that was ultimately very close. I had the Force (and dice lol) on my side for most of the match it seemed, giving my melee-beats a good opportunity to reach his shooters, but a few crits very nearly became my undoing. Amadeus was a great sport, and I think we both had fun! It was great to see so many of our favorite characters on a competitive table, without having to carry around 20 acts and such nonsense (both had only 10 activations in our squad, though he added 2 with reinforcements).

Good game buddy, and good luck throughout the rest of the tourney! Smile

1-0, 2 points.
scruffyhan
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:30:07 AM

Sounds like a fun game. Looking forward to reading more reports. Highlight for me was reading about Bossk coming to blows with Maul. 2 crits! Well done Amadeus. Also I love the idea of Sidious pawning Maul. Clever.
Amadeus
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:53:51 PM

Here's a repeat for the above playtest!

I took the following squad:
--Bounty Hunter Battle Bros--
45 Durge, Gen'Dai Bounty Hunter (LEGENDS)
43 Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
33 4-LOM, Bounty Hunter
27 Lobot
20 Bossk, Wookie Hunter (LEGENDS)
20 General Whorm Loathsom
3 Mouse Droid
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

And my Lobot Reinforcements were:
16 Dr Evazan, Galactic Criminal
3 Rodian Brute

So I won map roll, and so we played Theed Palace since I had played on that map before and knew what to expect.

Right off the bat I watched as pego unloaded a sizeable handful of heavy melee beats. Quite frankly it was my first time really seeing a lot of these characters so there was a lot of searches run and stats checked. I decided to bring in Evazan for the auto-damage and heal, which could be a game changer especially with all of the soresu.

Quinlan Vos stole Charging Fire from my Cad Bane, and Sidious chose maul to get dark master's benefits.

Both parties approached the gambit area fairly directly, and I blew up the door closest to me and set up postion just outside the door. I shot a potshot at an uggie and killed it, but otherwise it was a matter of who would make the first move into gambit. I opted to hold my main Bounty Hunters at the doorway to stay out of range of enemy lightsabers so I could get some free shots off. I did however end up scattering a couple Rodian brutes around to get some AoO's on any of the heavy beats who might try to get by.

Sora Bulq made the first move into the gambit area. He threw his lightsaber to take out the ugnaught who had just taken out the door. I immediately commissioned a state funeral in his honour.

I, of course, saw the perfect opportunity to blast Bulq into a million sithy-bits. Unfortunately, it would seem that the dice were under the tutelage of a Sith Lord, and the ultimate evil of Soresu Style reared it's ugly head.

For the sake of length, let's just say it was extremely rare that a save wouldn't be made. I think there was only 1 reroll done.

So then this Maul guy shows up to join in the festivities. Using Pawn of the Darkside, Maul gets up in my grill and sweeps the floor like my roomates never have. I lose a brute and mouse to this horrible turn of events, with Durge and Bossk also taking some hits.

Cad does a furious assault and manages to do a little damage around this time, including on Quinlin, who at this point is sneaking around under gambit. No droids were harmed in the making of this turn.

At the top of the round, with Maul still in the heat of everything, pego allows me to go first. I have a trick up my sleeve though! I specifically chose 4-LOM bounty hunter for this one task: Shoot things and paralyze them.

He lines up his shot...

and misses.

I make the good bounty hunter aware of my immense displeasure in what he just did. A near point blank shot. And he missed it. I am a merciful master however, and allow him a second chance for his twin.

Which happens to be the best shot he's ever made. One 60-damage shot hurdles at Maul, a headshot!

But thanks to Maul's regular yoga classes he is able to avoid the damage all together.

Yet not all is lost! My shaved knuckle in the hole - Paralysis - kicks in. Of course, a successful save is made and nothing happens.

Now maul is free to sith rage the beloved fan favourite: Durge. Following this, Durge unfortunately passes away following a swift light lightsaber to the groin. I think I only made 1 successful shield save the whole game.

Then it happens.

Maul and Bossk are staring it out, and suddenly the lizard goes full-Hamlet and starts tearing flesh from the sith's body. The first strike is a critical hit - Bossk literally is holding Maul's intestines in his claws. He misses the next hit, then goes in for another round, doing a better job of ripping Maul in half than Kenobi could ever do, critically rending the Zabrak to pieces. Another hit, and Dr. Evazan mercifully ended him.

In response, Quinlan Vos surged forward to avenge the fallen Maul, killing off bossk using charging fire stolen from Cad.

Time was out, but there was a possibility I could finish off some more points since I still had some guys to attack with. Cad's Furious Assault didn't do much because of soresu saves.

By the end this is what the board looked like:

It was a close game, I didn't score any gambit because of my position. I really wished we could have gone another round or two though, since I was so close to killing some high-point characters and finishing things off (Many of my big guys still had full health). But overall, great game, really enjoyed playing it. Pego is a fine opponent to play with, I look forward to future games with him.

(Sorry for any innacurracies, I've probably forgotten a few things here and there about the match)

pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:59:54 PM

I greatly enjoyed reading this play report lol, very entertaining!

Everyone can pretty much ignore mine now, Amadeus' gets everything across in a much more interesting fashion.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:52:16 PM

pegolego wrote:
I greatly enjoyed reading this play report lol, very entertaining!

Everyone can pretty much ignore mine now, Amadeus' gets everything across in a much more interesting fashion.

Totally agree haha, loved the screen clip of the game! I watched the game, it was a lot of fun. Amadeus you must write more reports through this tourny, they are must read worthy. Looking forward to seeing you both in round 2 action!
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:53:13 PM

Also, Deathweilded and Deaths_Baine are playing right now on Vassal in their round 1 game for all who would like to come watch!
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:53:38 PM

scruffyhan wrote:
Sounds like a fun game. Looking forward to reading more reports. Highlight for me was reading about Bossk coming to blows with Maul. 2 crits! Well done Amadeus. Also I love the idea of Sidious pawning Maul. Clever.
True, but maybe illegal....
PotDS requires a non-unique target, and Maul is Unique.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:57:53 PM

Maul has an ability called Pawn that lets him be effected by PoTDS.

From the Legends set, Darth Maul, Instrument of Fear
Pawn (Counts as a non-unique for purposes of allied force powers which effect non unique characters)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:01:07 PM

yeah we used replication for the basis of allowing it. if you can break the unique rule and have multiples of the same character, then we thought you could break it for allowing them to count as non-unique for force powers and stuff.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:32:40 PM

Ok, that makes sense then. It also makes the Maul/Sid combo pretty powerful.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:34:31 PM

Yes it does. We had a lot of fun playtesting it.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:24:43 PM

well, my game is over and I want to thank deathwielded for a fun game! I learned a lot from it and had a great time.
going to bed so everyone will have to wait to see how it turned out.
scruffyhan
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:04:45 AM

I am finally getting around to posting the report for my match with Mando. We played on Asteroid Mining Complex. It just so happened, that I got the munchies around the time we started playing so I went down to the local McDonalds and treated myself to anything on the Dollar Menu. I decided to set up camp there, and play my game.

Mando ran a Seps build that was all Vset. My memory is a little hazy, so I will do my best. He ran Cad Bane Bounty Hunter, Dray, Aurra Sing Assassin, Hondo Ohnaka, Ponda Baba Galactic Criminal, and Lobot. With his Lobot reserves he brought in the Legends piece Bossk, Wookiee Hunter.

I on the other hand ran all Legends, and was able to use their supreme power to decimate my opponent. The final score of the game was 233 - 7

I kid.

I ran New Republic. I dropped Luke Skywalker Galactic Hero, the Legends piece Jaina Solo Galactic Hero, Jacen Solo, Ganner Rhysode, and last but certainly not least, the Legends piece Ben Skywalker Jedi Infiltrator.

That is the beef of both squads. I did not bother to name all of the filler we had. We both had 10 activations, which was interesting and rather refreshing I must say. Mando chose the bottom left hand corner of the map, I decided to set up in the bottom right hand with the hopes of keeping the action in the hallway's tight space. First round we jockeyed for position. I assumed that he was going to try and bring Cad Bane on me and light me up with Furious Assault, which was fine. I just wanted to limit what he could shoot at, and so I kept everything on one side of this room at the very bottom of the map, with the exception of Ganner, and Luke. Top of the round one of two things was going to happen. One he would win init, and he would have to let me go first (he needed to act two pieces. One, to get the door to the room open, and Two to run Cad in and furious.) or the second option, I would win init, in which case I would still go first, and either way my initial move was still the same. I would move my R7 into the room and lock the door sealing off my crew on the otherside.

Now if Mando wanted to Furious Assault he was limited in what he could shoot at. If he comes into the room he can shoot at Ganner and R7 which I am fine with. It is but a small price to pay to kill Cad Bane. The move seems to work, feel free to correct me if I am wrong Mando, it seems to throw Mando for a loop as he tries to figure out how to press the attack on me. It buys me the time I need to further position my dudes on the other side of the door to protect from Cad's attack. Cad eventually makes his move, but he does not get much. I blow the door and use Ben to Pull Cad over. I attempt an attack with Ben and miss wildly. I then proceed to runaway. Cad shoots him twice for his efforts. Luke moves in and hits Double/Twin on Cad to end his days Bounty Hunting.

Mando sets up a clever move, and runs up to base Luke, Jacen, and Ganner with Aurra. At this point I am expecting him to attack Ganner and Jacen. Which at this point I am gladly giving him, because I know I am still taking Aurra and his Lobot this round which means I win the game. He throws down on Luke which I did not anticipate, I make my Lightsaber Defense saves for each of her attacks. Dray then moves in and uses his Force Vision to let her attack again. This time she attacks Ganner and kills him. I have to say I was well pleased at how this played out because now I am able to run Jacen six squares and Unleash The Force. I get all of his pieces since my initial strategy was to keep him in a close space. He runs Hondo out and Twin's Jacen. Hits one, misses one. He then places Bossk adjacent and is able to drop Jacen. I finish the game up by Force Pulling Aurra to Ben and attacking, Luke comes out and kills her. Time is up. Final score 112 to 78.

It was a great game. I enjoyed getting to play a competitive game filled with the heros and villains of Star Wars as opposed to a bunch of grunts. Kudos to the gentlemen who took the time and effort to design this set. Terrific job.

On to the next round.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:51:30 AM

My squad

62-Te Ani'la Manda'lor, The Great Shadowfather
34- Darth malgus, Sith Warrior
33- The Sith Emperor
28- Kelborn
17- Candra Slicer
3x Sith Recruits
1 Mando Demi
2 Mice

Darth O's squad

Legends Bane
Legends Sidious
Lobot
4 Recruits
1 Uggie

I won map, we played on Cantina, he set up left, I set up right. He brought in a Chandra and an Uggie for reinforcements. I emplace the Emporor away from gambit next to a door.

1st round is positioning with him claiming Gambit early with Sidious and Bane.

2nd round I get bold, and Resolnare,up to the gambit area to try and convince him to come out and fight... and he does, and I immediately regretted it. He runs Bane with Master Speed and bases Malgus. 3 attacks at +16 for 40 a pop. and He rolls a 1 on his first attack. Phew. He connects on his next 2 attacks, but I'm able to FAA 20 total damage away. his next act he runs Sidious up adjacent to my Mando Demo, and Lightnings him,Malgus, and Manda'lor. I fail all my faves except for the Manda'lor, so Malgus is down to 30, and he is down to 110. My turn I need to make it count. Malgus swings away with Rage 2, misses the first hits, rerolls with his FP and then connects. Hits his 2nd also, 80 damage. Then Mandalor Dead Eyes him. Hits the first for 40, misses the 2nd, I sack a recruit, miss again. Run Kelborn up, he attacks and hits 1 for 20 more damage. Malgus i down to 40 now.

3rd round I sack a recruit to win init, and Malgus ends Banes life, then hits Sidious(who he intuitioned up) Sid Ilussions I make the save. Then one of the key moments, where Sid attacks Manda'lor... rolls a 3, he FPRR, gets a 5, sacks a recruit, gets an 8(what he needed) made the Mando armor save, then he rolls a 5 :( . And finishes with a 19. Only dropping only 50 damage in the process. I then use Mandalor, who crits, he illussions, I fail the save, sack a recruit, then make the save, but miss my 2nd attack. Then Kelborn comes in and finishes off Sidious for the win. We played one more round, but that was so I could get to 200.

Final Score- 202/204 to 24

Fun game all around, battle started at the 2nd round, and didn't finish until the end of the 3rd round. And non uniques were not a factor.