RegisterDonateLogin

Caution: May bring balance to the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:01:38 PM
Groups: Member

*Thoughts on the tournament thus far...

So what we are doing is pretty unprecedented. Our project, and this tournament have been a huge success thus far. Feedback, and response has been great. To my knowledge our 16 man tournament is the biggest Vassal event this year, possibly ever? I don't know, but I do know that a ton of people have been on Vassal not only to play using our set, but to WATCH. I know tonight for the game with dieandbemetal vs deathwielded we had at one point around 7 or 8 in the room watching. That's phenomenal. Thank you so much to everyone who wants to get involved and be apart of what we are doing.

Thank you for the shout out on the SHNN last week. I understand that a lot of people turned out on chat to talk about the set, big props to those of you who did that, it is very appreciated, and thank you to the host Darth Jim for having an open mind.

As of this writing this event has 11 pages, and over 4000 views, and we are just wrapping with the 2nd round. I'm constantly blown away by the success of this event. For those of you who did not get in on this event, don't worry, we have begun work on the 2nd set and we plan on doing this again.

We designed 60 pieces, and we playtested them heavily leading up to this tournament, but we all wanted some feedback, and a fresh set of eyes to look things over. Unfortunately we do not have the vast pool of playtesters at our disposal like the vsets, so we came up with this tournament as a way to get things playtested by outsiders who had nothing to do with our set. This accomplished many things, it got people active in what we were doing, and it rewarded them for helping us out, so everyone wins. The feedback has been great, and has truly helped. I wanted to take this moment and personally thank everyone involved.

I will close with the following announcement. For set 2 we are breaking it up into three, 20 piece releases. The winner of this tournament will get to design a piece in set 2, and we will also be doing a community piece much like what happened with the Sarrlac in the standard minis version. We are very excited to get the ball rolling on these projects. Once again very proud of this tournament so far, hope the momentum continues into the 2nd half of this tournament, and into the playoffs. As always, may the force be with you.
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:24:03 AM

Amadeus wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
Round 3: (FIGHT)
Spry 2-0 6pts vs Shmi 2-0 6pts
theultrastar 2-0 5pts vs Obiwan1knight 2-0 4pts
Thereisnotry 1-1 3pts vs Amadeus 1-1 3pts
Dr Daman 1-1 3pts vs Deathwielded 1-1 2pts
Darth O 1-1 2pts vs pegolego 1-1 2pts
Deaths_Baine 1-1 2pts vs scruffyhan 1-1 2pts
dieandbemetal 0-2 0pts vs Mando 0-2 0pts
Darth Rattlehead 0-2 0pts vs general_grief 0-2 0pts

won't be here for this matchup, do I sit out again?

wait if Thereisnotry and theultrastar wont be here for this round why not have Amadeus and Obiwan1knight play? then TinT and Ultra can get a half point or whatever
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:29:28 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Amadeus wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
Round 3: (FIGHT)
Spry 2-0 6pts vs Shmi 2-0 6pts
theultrastar 2-0 5pts vs Obiwan1knight 2-0 4pts
Thereisnotry 1-1 3pts vs Amadeus 1-1 3pts
Dr Daman 1-1 3pts vs Deathwielded 1-1 2pts
Darth O 1-1 2pts vs pegolego 1-1 2pts
Deaths_Baine 1-1 2pts vs scruffyhan 1-1 2pts
dieandbemetal 0-2 0pts vs Mando 0-2 0pts
Darth Rattlehead 0-2 0pts vs general_grief 0-2 0pts

won't be here for this matchup, do I sit out again?

wait if Thereisnotry and theultrastar wont be here for this round why not have Amadeus and Obiwan1knight play? then TinT and Ultra can get a half point or whatever

the ultrastar should be here this round. I will play Amadeus..... he will still get the 3 point win automatically I guess, but at least he will get a game in....
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:41:13 AM

I will definitely be here, not sure how that came up.
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:59:42 AM

So with upcoming custom sets you have planned, are you still going to be having regionals using the V-sets next year, or is this going to continue to be just a yearly vassal tournament thing? I have always enjoyed reading the regional reports of the Tennessee group cause you guys have a nice playgroup of excellent players, and it helps me get a gauge on the meta when it comes to regional's that I'll be attending.
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 8:15:34 AM

We will be holding a regional, it will however be in this format. No one in our playgroup still desires to play the standard minis format. Deaths_Baine and Shmi15 were done with standard minis long before me, but continued to play for my sake all the way through this past season. For us it's just come to a point where standard minis are not fun anymore. So instead of stopping altogether, we created this alternate version to play, and intended to keep it just as a TN playgroup thing, but through playtesting we found that it was such a blast that we decided to open it up to the world, because we know there are more people like us who have just become disenchanted with standard minis.
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 8:17:29 AM

theultrastar wrote:
I will definitely be here, not sure how that came up.

I thought I read that you were going away for vacation and won't have access to the internet for a weeks so you would be sitting out for a round. I was pretty sure I read that somewhere, but if not just ignore my comment then.

(perhaps I just dreamed it?)
I thought I read it last night as I was getting ready for my match with Dieandbemetal
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 9:10:34 AM

Okay so me and Dieandbemetal had our match last night.
And man let me tell you up front it was pretty crazy
I was running
*New* Boba (or Bob as we took to calling him)
*New* Calo Nord
*New* Capt Nico
*New* Czerka
*New* Charda Fan Slicer
Wicket
Lobot
3 Uggies
an R7

For Reinforcements I pulled in 2 more uggies and a Czerka Shield Tech
(i had planned on either DR E or Bossk, saving Momaw in case of swarms, as I needed another attacker but the Shield Tech was extremely useful)

and Die was running a Charging Bounty Hunter Seps squad:
Cade Bane Bounty Hunter
*New* Durge
*New* Bossk
Aurra Sing (V-set)
Greedo (V-set)
*New* Charda Fan Slicer
2 Mice and other tech.

We rolled for map and Die won picking Peaceful City (which surprisingly we had both picked)
I set up on the left him on the right.

the opening INT rolls were 20's then then a re-roll with him a 14 and me a 15.
Yeah this was the start of a pretty crazy match.
So I messed up setting up having Nico and the Elite Czerka 1 square out of position so they couldn't reach the bushes that I needed too.
First round was positioning, but since I didn't quite get were I needed to and I moved Nico pretty early Durge got a quite 40 damage shot off on Nico (couldn't counter shot and missed my shield save) then I took another shot dropping Capt Nico to 30 hp, so I moved Boba and Calo in front of him and adjacent to the Shield tech (the only reason Nico was still alive since the Anti Twin shields were working fine, but my shields 1 saves were crap) so more positioning were Dieandbemetal setup on the lower right side of the map ready to charge me while I setup in the bushes and around the middle door next to gambit.
Door Control BTW was almost totally wasted on both sides. I really didn't need so much Override and most of the time it was totally inconsequential.

Round 2 I win INT and have Nico GMA out to shoot cad bane, both shots miss even with Gamblers luck so I take 10 damage from my own shot. then I move him farther behind Boba and Calo Nord hoping to keep him safe.
So Dieandbe metal sees his opportunity and has Cade Furious assulat my squad hitting my r7 (only for 20, because he missed once) Socked out wicket and an uggie. deals no damage to Calo nord because of shields and Baskargam (not getting twin really hurt) misses Boba, but and here is the clincher, he shot Nico (darn you Sniper!) with his only shot at him and I failed his shields 1 save for the 3rd time in a row, killing him. (we all agreed that Nico had absolutely the worst luck as he failed everything he rolled including his Gamblers luck re-roll and that it was due to how poeple said he was OP so the gods of Vassel decided he wasn't going to make a single good roll)
So Die is now winning, but he made a serious mistake there, now Cad Bane was in range of Bob's Disruptive and none of the Bounty Hunters can charge now, so instead of having Durge charge like he wanted too, he instead moved him behind Cad so he had someone to use Hostage Shield on.
On my turn I move my Shield tech so she still protects Boba, but at the save time messes up Durges Shields 1. Then Boba took 2 shoots at Cad, both hits and Durge Refuses to take the damage. (I didn't know hostage shield had a save, especially even with the ally and that if he rolls 11 or higher he can't tranfer the damage)
so cad is now at 20 hp thanks to blast cannon. Die makes some more moves basically all I remember was Bossk moving behind Durge. On my turn again Calo acts Shooting at Cad bane twice with Double. (he had Hunter on CIS or Seps if you prefer) shooting at +14 for 40 damage a pop. And both hit... Durge as he 'fails' his hostage shield saves. now him and Cad are at 20 hp apiece. some minor moves, during which Die moved his squad behind Cad and Durge, but other than that nothing really remarkable that I remember.
Round 3.
Now here is were the game gets really crazy.
Important Int right?
So we roll and Dieandbemetal wins it, but I had a trick up my sleeve that I was planning on, weather or not I won INT. The Legends version of Quick shot, which lets me make an immediate attack at the start of the round before anyone else activates. so Dropping 40 damage on Cad or Durge if he decides to HS it, either way killing one of them. So then I roll a 20!!! Wow! Only to then realize that my connection had dropped Confused So when I got back I found out that the 20 was rolled right after I got booted Scared well I can't prove it and I felt pretty confident that I can roll a 4 or more to hit so I re-roll and get... a 1.LOL no joke, totally deflated me, not only that, but very shortly after I rolled that I got booted off again. and over the next 5-8 minutes I kept getting booted off and learned over the short breaks that I was still on that Dieandbemetal proposed a roll off to determin if I would be allowed to reroll that 1 since I said I had rolled a 20 right after I got booted off the first time, but before I realized it. So after I fixed the internet (darned Router and little brother messed it up) I made sure it was okay with both parties, then rolled and won the roll off, so I get to roll for the Quick sot attack again.
I then proceeded to roll a 20 critical hit again!!!OMG Laugh we couldn't believe it!

well after that Cad dies and Dieandbemetal chooses to go first acting Greedo and has him base Bob(a) and snare him with Snare Rifle. It hits and Boba Takes 20 damage and cannot move for the rest of the round. So on my turn Boba Smokes him since I cannot shoot anyone else even with Accurate shoot (good move on DabM's part) then I decide to act Calo nord, I was thinking about moving him down and using Grenades 40 on his cluster of people hitting 4 or 5 people with it, but with all the crazy high rolls he was getting I decided not to chance it, so Calo Shoots Durge and off's him then I move Calo into Gambit. Boosk moves out and lobs his Thermal Detonator hitting and Killing my Elite Czerka (failed her Shields save) then dropping 30 damage on Boba. Tie was running out so we played as fast as we could, both struggling for Gambit at this point, locking and unlocking the door to get in, but he manages to get DR E in to dropp 30 on Calo, but it's not enough. Near the end of the round Aurra sing Moves out using a force point to move farther and attacks Boba hitting and dropping him to 20 HP, but we remind DabM that since Lightsaber counts as Melee Aurra can get around the Shield Tech's SAand hit him again with twin. Which he does taking Boba out.
that was the last round and we both were at 100 odd points, I win only because I moved Calo into gambit, it was that close.

Crazy, crazy game. I may have missed some stuff and I'm not 100% sure when Bossk threw that Thermal Detonator in the 3rd round, but other than that I think I got the jest of it.

Dieandbemetal was really fun to play against and was really understanding of my mistakes. We had like 4-5 people just watching our game so I hope they had lots of fun too. I'm going to leave a break down of all the Legends pieces played and what we talked about them right below.
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 9:13:14 AM

Legend Playtest Report:

Boba Fett, Hired Gun
I really like Boba as the disruptive piece since it makes me want to get closer with him, my experience with Other high cost shooters is you get them really far from the battle and GMA out to shot every once in awhile. I like his own damage boost and even though I didn't use Dodge I think it's pretty cool too. I think he is pretty much perfect for what he can do and is meant to do.

Calo Nord, Bounty Hunter
I really like him personally and I'm glad he gets a good representation as he was THE Bounghty hunter of his Era, just like Jango, Cade Bane and Boba in their era's respectively. Hunter with his Low attack actually worked really well and nades 40 is great flavor. My only complaint would be that Quick shot is slightly too powerful, but for his cost it is well worth it. This guy basically was the main attacker in my squad as it turned out. Would I change anything? Maybe drop Quick shot and lower the cost, but as is he is great.

Captain Nico Okarr
I had to look this guy up to figure out who he was and it was the awesome Smuggler from the Old Republic Trailer! I had thought he deserved a cool Mini and he got one! I think he is what makes an all fringe squad able to work without Talon Karrde.
Not really overpowered in my opinion, but then again he had the absolute worst luck I have ever seen. I think the CE could be dropped or switched for something different, but Smugglers has to stay. Good SA's but his only +9 attack makes it hard for him to hit anything without Gamblers luck. Smuggler should grant Stealth instead of Cloaked IMO. That would be more flavorful and allow him to be targeted at range to trigger Bodyguard more. Cloaked is just to much, though granting Stealth might be a problem allowing the character to pick up Evade from the Bith ect.
Still really cool piece though.

Elite Czerka Technician
this is probably the piece that would put the Legends Fringe over the top.
Shields and Blast Cannon together are really really good.
However while good I like her handing out Blast Cannon alot so don't change that. but maybe instead of Armor Upgrade you give her Personalize Shields (At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character. For the rest of the skirmish, that character gains Shields 1) and raise the cost? That way she can still give shields 1 to an ally, still be needed up close (for Blast cannon) and also at the same time be useful to other factions. I would then cot her 20-21.

Charda-Fan Slicer
I really like this piece what more can I say?

Durge, Gen'Dai Bounty Hunter
I think this guy is a great representation and alot of fun to play with/against. The only thing is he was alittle easy to kill with Shields gone, but that may be due more to my strategy then to his design.

Bossk, Wookiee Hunter
for the cost he is fenominal. 20 points for a very powerful Thermal Detonator that chooses a SQUARE to target thus getting around targeting issues. not to mention Infa-red Vision which ignores Stealth and Cloaked. Plus his stats are pretty darn good for 20 points. 90 hit points and Regen will mean he may live long enough to regenerate.
I think he just costs too little for what he can do I think he should cost 5-9 points more for what he brings, but then make a non-unique with Infa-red Vision to keep it in Lobots box. (cuz I really like it)

I would change Hired Gun to (Can only be in squads that contains only Fringe characters or characters with Independent Outfit) That way IO can be apart of the faction (may require some play testing) also if you could find a way to include your Kenobi in that wording that would be great!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 9:20:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

How long will this tournament be running? The next massive campaign will hopefully start soon. We planned to wait until this one is over, but I haven't been following this thread closely. I was under the impression it would run 3 or 4 weeks, but it sounds like there's still a long way to go.
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 9:37:28 AM

While I do enjoy trying new formats and such, I want to make clear that I wholeheartedly support the V-sets. I probably won't be participating in multiple tournaments per year of the custom sets, but I would like to try one at least per year to try my hand at a different format just to see how well I'll do, and it is refreshing to play a game where I don't have to worry about a san hill squad with 20 drones. ThumbsUp

I will need to prepare for regionals next year using the V-sets, so i won't be able to be in a tournament like this until next year at this time. I this is still going on, I'd be down for trying it again, cause this time of year there are no tournaments to prepare for in a while that use the V-sets and I think its fun to try new pieces and help playtest new figures. I've had fun playing in this tournament, even though I've lost both rounds, its still fun to try and figure out strategies within the format rules. I don't know the optimized squads, but hey, if one of my squads can manage to do something, I'm happy with that. I would have loved to have gone against the Boba/Nicco/Calo squad with my Telosian Tanks but unfortunately it ran into a very bad matchup with Caedus and the new Sidious (which is amazing btw!), who had every single advantage againt my guys (making shield 1 saves with needing a 15 is harsh! + not getting to use Damage reduction) and Sidious was a absolute TANK cause he could Illusion 2 times with me needing to make a save of 15 (harsh!!!). Totally read the small window of a meta forming for this format wrong. LOL

Interesting results for the second round. I'm curious to see what the 3rd round brings.
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:37:43 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
How long will this tournament be running? The next massive campaign will hopefully start soon. We planned to wait until this one is over, but I haven't been following this thread closely. I was under the impression it would run 3 or 4 weeks, but it sounds like there's still a long way to go.

We are currently kicking off the 3rd round. We're running 4 round's in this tournament. Plus a top 4 playoff. We will be running another tournament, but it will be somewhere around the first of the year.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 11:53:06 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Okay so me and Dieandbemetal had our match last night.
And man let me tell you up front it was pretty crazy
I was running
*New* Boba (or Bob as we took to calling him)
*New* Calo Nord
*New* Capt Nico
*New* Czerka
*New* Charda Fan Slicer
Wicket
Lobot
3 Uggies
an R7

For Reinforcements I pulled in 2 more uggies and a Czerka Shield Tech
(i had planned on either DR E or Bossk, saving Momaw in case of swarms, as I needed another attacker but the Shield Tech was extremely useful)

and Die was running a Charging Bounty Hunter Seps squad:
Cade Bane Bounty Hunter
*New* Durge
*New* Bossk
Aurra Sing (V-set)
Greedo (V-set)
*New* Charda Fan Slicer
2 Mice and other tech.

We rolled for map and Die won picking Peaceful City (which surprisingly we had both picked)
I set up on the left him on the right.

the opening INT rolls were 20's then then a re-roll with him a 14 and me a 15.
Yeah this was the start of a pretty crazy match.
So I messed up setting up having Nico and the Elite Czerka 1 square out of position so they couldn't reach the bushes that I needed too.
First round was positioning, but since I didn't quite get were I needed to and I moved Nico pretty early Durge got a quite 40 damage shot off on Nico (couldn't counter shot and missed my shield save) then I took another shot dropping Capt Nico to 30 hp, so I moved Boba and Calo in front of him and adjacent to the Shield tech (the only reason Nico was still alive since the Anti Twin shields were working fine, but my shields 1 saves were crap) so more positioning were Dieandbemetal setup on the lower right side of the map ready to charge me while I setup in the bushes and around the middle door next to gambit.
Door Control BTW was almost totally wasted on both sides. I really didn't need so much Override and most of the time it was totally inconsequential.

Round 2 I win INT and have Nico GMA out to shoot cad bane, both shots miss even with Gamblers luck so I take 10 damage from my own shot. then I move him farther behind Boba and Calo Nord hoping to keep him safe.
So Dieandbe metal sees his opportunity and has Cade Furious assulat my squad hitting my r7 (only for 20, because he missed once) Socked out wicket and an uggie. deals no damage to Calo nord because of shields and Baskargam (not getting twin really hurt) misses Boba, but and here is the clincher, he shot Nico (darn you Sniper!) with his only shot at him and I failed his shields 1 save for the 3rd time in a row, killing him. (we all agreed that Nico had absolutely the worst luck as he failed everything he rolled including his Gamblers luck re-roll and that it was due to how poeple said he was OP so the gods of Vassel decided he wasn't going to make a single good roll)
So Die is now winning, but he made a serious mistake there, now Cad Bane was in range of Bob's Disruptive and none of the Bounty Hunters can charge now, so instead of having Durge charge like he wanted too, he instead moved him behind Cad so he had someone to use Hostage Shield on.
On my turn I move my Shield tech so she still protects Boba, but at the save time messes up Durges Shields 1. Then Boba took 2 shoots at Cad, both hits and Durge Refuses to take the damage. (I didn't know hostage shield had a save, especially even with the ally and that if he rolls 11 or higher he can't tranfer the damage)
so cad is now at 20 hp thanks to blast cannon. Die makes some more moves basically all I remember was Bossk moving behind Durge. On my turn again Calo acts Shooting at Cad bane twice with Double. (he had Hunter on CIS or Seps if you prefer) shooting at +14 for 40 damage a pop. And both hit... Durge as he 'fails' his hostage shield saves. now him and Cad are at 20 hp apiece. some minor moves, during which Die moved his squad behind Cad and Durge, but other than that nothing really remarkable that I remember.
Round 3.
Now here is were the game gets really crazy.
Important Int right?
So we roll and Dieandbemetal wins it, but I had a trick up my sleeve that I was planning on, weather or not I won INT. The Legends version of Quick shot, which lets me make an immediate attack at the start of the round before anyone else activates. so Dropping 40 damage on Cad or Durge if he decides to HS it, either way killing one of them. So then I roll a 20!!! Wow! Only to then realize that my connection had dropped Confused So when I got back I found out that the 20 was rolled right after I got booted Scared well I can't prove it and I felt pretty confident that I can roll a 4 or more to hit so I re-roll and get... a 1.LOL no joke, totally deflated me, not only that, but very shortly after I rolled that I got booted off again. and over the next 5-8 minutes I kept getting booted off and learned over the short breaks that I was still on that Dieandbemetal proposed a roll off to determin if I would be allowed to reroll that 1 since I said I had rolled a 20 right after I got booted off the first time, but before I realized it. So after I fixed the internet (darned Router and little brother messed it up) I made sure it was okay with both parties, then rolled and won the roll off, so I get to roll for the Quick sot attack again.
I then proceeded to roll a 20 critical hit again!!!OMG Laugh we couldn't believe it!

well after that Cad dies and Dieandbemetal chooses to go first acting Greedo and has him base Bob(a) and snare him with Snare Rifle. It hits and Boba Takes 20 damage and cannot move for the rest of the round. So on my turn Boba Smokes him since I cannot shoot anyone else even with Accurate shoot (good move on DabM's part) then I decide to act Calo nord, I was thinking about moving him down and using Grenades 40 on his cluster of people hitting 4 or 5 people with it, but with all the crazy high rolls he was getting I decided not to chance it, so Calo Shoots Durge and off's him then I move Calo into Gambit. Boosk moves out and lobs his Thermal Detonator hitting and Killing my Elite Czerka (failed her Shields save) then dropping 30 damage on Boba. Tie was running out so we played as fast as we could, both struggling for Gambit at this point, locking and unlocking the door to get in, but he manages to get DR E in to dropp 30 on Calo, but it's not enough. Near the end of the round Aurra sing Moves out using a force point to move farther and attacks Boba hitting and dropping him to 20 HP, but we remind DabM that since Lightsaber counts as Melee Aurra can get around the Shield Tech's SAand hit him again with twin. Which he does taking Boba out.
that was the last round and we both were at 100 odd points, I win only because I moved Calo into gambit, it was that close.

Crazy, crazy game. I may have missed some stuff and I'm not 100% sure when Bossk threw that Thermal Detonator in the 3rd round, but other than that I think I got the jest of it.

Dieandbemetal was really fun to play against and was really understanding of my mistakes. We had like 4-5 people just watching our game so I hope they had lots of fun too. I'm going to leave a break down of all the Legends pieces played and what we talked about them right below.

fantastic!
all-shooter squads (or mostly) and so much going on. shooters that don't hide, incredible!
glad Bossk's Thermal Detonator works well. I love the idea of targeting a square when possible.

7 Legends pieces and it was a perfect balance it seems, that's wonderful and a compliment to the designers who wanted things balanced and engaged.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 1:41:48 PM

Just finished my game with Shmi15 and lost 166-160

I didn't play bad by any means, and he played well enough to win also, but the dice also finally caught up with me, 2 6's or better and I would've gotten over 200pts. I won't post much of a report as I was too busy tracking his score and my score and my brain is fried.

I ran
Rebel Circa 2009
45 Luke's Snowspeeder
36 Legends Chewie
27 Lobot
27 Han-Smuggler
20 Princess Leia
18 C3P0 and R2-D2
14 General Rieekan
6 Mouse x2
6 Uggie x2

Rich had
65 Legends Kyle
48 Luke-GH
33 Legends Ben
29 Ganner
8 R7
9 Uggie x3
6 Mouse x2

I was able to get Luke early with Leia shots and Snowspeeder shots, then the snowspeeder could not hit a 21D for 3 rolls allowing Ben to live. Han was able to kill Ben but in process my Snowspeeder died as Rich made a Bowcaster save for activation then Ganner killed Chewie. Han then needing 6's to kill Kyle rolled 4,4,5 respectively. Thats the extent of it.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 3:26:19 PM

^^^^ can anyone post a play report, seems like a good chance to see Katarn's defense in action.
I would love to know how the legends pieces did.
I do not see the significance of Chewie in this army, but would love to know how he did.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 3:27:15 PM

theultrastar wrote:

Daman said he has not had time to write up a report.

would love the play report...
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:36:04 PM

Just wrapped up my game for round 3 against Darth O.

Darth O won map roll and we played on Ganster's Palace. I started on the left side.

I ran:

Darth Maul, Instrument of Fear (Legends)
Durge, Gen'Dai Bounty Hunter (Legends)
General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
Darth Sidious
Lobot
Ugnaught Demolitionist x1

Reinforcements were:
Czerka Shield Technician (which proved critical)
Mouse Droid
Ugnaught Demolitionist

Darth O ran with this:
Te Ani'la Mand'alore, The Great Shadow Farther
Boba Fett, Mercenary
Kelborn
Mandalorian Captain
Mandalorian Scout
Mouse Droid
Uganught Demolitionist x2

Round 1 was positioning, O won init. No damage dealt in this round, both of us got gambit (and would in all 4 rounds).

Round 2, O used Intuition from Boba and Kelborn's Resol'nare to work up to the top side and get some shots down on my characters (I won init, though, so I got to go first and I was able to activate Durge, who was vulnerable to 4 Cunning Attacks other wise. I missed both shots with him, though, and proceeded to hide him). Darth O took his turn and shot at my Czerka with Boba, hoping to eliminate a nuisance early. One shot missed (Scared), the other would have killed it, but for my Shields 2 save. Mandalore and the Scout moved towards the middle but kept in their own room, minding their own business. I moved Maul up to hit Kelborn, 60 damage on the pawn. Grievous moved around the wall in the middle and to the bottom of the room that Mandalore and the Scout were in, daring them to come out at and fight him. I locked Boba in the top room with Lobot, but Kelborn was still outside with Maul.

Round 3, I lost init, Kelborn did some damage to Maul (the 10 extra from Gauntlet knife was eliminated by Teras Kasi), with a Critical on the first attack, but 1 on the 2nd. Maul had 70 HP remaining. O has an Uggie up there with Boba, so of course he's gonna come out at me next phase, so I plan to use Maul to finish of Kelborn and then run away from the Bounty Hunter. I miss the first attack, but reroll it. I miss that attack, and then roll a 1. I move into the corner, tucking myself safely away from 4 Boba attacks. Boba opens the door, runs the Ugnaught away to avoid triggering Shii-choo. Next phase, I burn a couple acts, then O brings Mandalore out to fight. I put 20 on him with an AOO from Grievous (both of his Twin Attacks hit, but both Mandalore's Armor saves were made), then Grievous comes down to 60 off Mandalore's subsequent attacks. The Captain moves up to grant Twin to Boba even should I kill Kelborn. I pawn Maul and move (taking a couple aoo's from Boba, one missing by 1 due to Shii-Choo, the other missing because it WAS a 1), LS Sweep, Kelborn dies, Boba goes down to 70. Grievous then goes at Mandlore, succeeds in hitting 3 of his 4 attacks, needing 13's (I had to reroll one, though), dealing a total of 40 damage (Mandalore now has 70 left). The Mando Scout comes and pops Sidious a few times, one crit was rolled, but ultimately Sidious still had 80 HP after the end of the barrage. Durge expressed his displeasure at his boss getting shot at by proceeding to eliminate the Scout with a couple quick shots. I moved the Czerka next to Durge to keep him from taking any hostile Twin Attacks. I based the Ugnaught (the legendary tribe-leader shermun) that O had advanced with my own.

Round 4... I lose init again, Maul dies, but Boba rolled ANOTHER 1, so he wasn't able to move afterwards. I go after Mandalore with Grievous, now free of the Maul threat, bring him down to 30 (2 hits out of the 4 attacks, no FP to reroll, since Sid had Dark Mastered Maul in anticipation of plenty of Soresu saves, but Mandalore failed both Armor saves), then moved the Czerka down to preserve the beloved Cyborg, since Durge was now relatively free of danger. Mandalore takes his one shot on Grievous, crippling the Cyborg's use of his extra two arms, but not killing him. Durge and Sidious take the no-fun/easy-way-out method and Flamethrower 20 (twice with Overload)/Sith Lightning 30 Boba, ending his existence in this galaxy at long last. Shermun critical hit my Ugnaught (Crying). The Captain Twins Sidious, but to no avail.

We were one minute over time at the end of the round, so I could not finish off Mandalore, the final score was 145-90, with me getting the 2 point victory.

Overall, a fun and interesting match with some crazy rolls. Darth O was a great sport, even in the face of defeat.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:23:23 PM

sorry been super busy I played my game with scruffy(douchebag)han he ran:

43 Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
33 Aurra Sing, Assassin
27 Lobot
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I was trying something in the legends set out to see how it would do and if it could be competitive and was trying to get ideas for the next set and dropped:

Legends nomi
Legends Draay
the jedi exile
Carth
Zayne
2 younglings

I wanted to get some information out of this game, but no scruff won map roll chose rancor and proceeded to destroy me. the whole game he talked about how crazy it was that he was destroying me with all vset stuff. I did manage to win in init and kill aurra. scruffy won 3 pts. last time I ever play against him.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:26:01 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
sorry been super busy I played my game with scruffy(douchebag)han he ran:

33 Aurra Sing, Assassin
27 Lobot
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I was trying something in the legends set out to see how it would do and if it could be competitive and was trying to get ideas for the next set and dropped:

Legends nomi
Legends Draay
the jedi exile
Carth
Zayne
2 younglings

I wanted to get some information out of this game, but no scruff won map roll chose rancor and proceeded to destroy me. the whole game he talked about how crazy it was that he was destroying me with all vset stuff. I did manage to win in init and kill aurra. scruffy won 3 pts. last time I ever play against him.

bad match up for Nomi:

jedi hatred
jedi hunter
assassin

every Sep character is getting boosts against every OR except Cad who can furious assault
every character has twin (or possible twin)
ouch! practically a hate squad
poor Nomi

any info on how she would do otherwise?

p.s. I dont like the Quinlan Vos piece, too poweful IMO

scruffyhan
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:54:54 AM

I wanted to run all vset pieces just to see how competitive it would be.

Another version that I considered running was
33 Aurra Sing, Assassin
21 Marn Hierogryph
12 Rune Haako
10 Figran D'an

We have seen an all Legends squad (All fringe, and now even deaths_baine), so I wanted to see an all Vset squad in this format and gauge the power levels. I doubt my squad is the best you can do with all Vset in this format, Separatists were the first faction that jumped to my mind. Hero of Hypori can take on multiple Jedi, deal damage to multiple pieces. He has parry so that's really strong I feel in this format. You have Cad Bane who can shoot multiple pieces with a really solid attack. You have a big damage dealer in Quinlan Vos. You have Aurra who I feel is really versatile in this format. She shoots, she can base you and do 90 damage, and that's all from 12 squares away.

In the end I went with Lobot, the mice and the Uganught Demolitionist because I wanted to play on the side of caution. Though I certainly feel as though my pure Vset version would have performed just as well, especially on Rancor Pen. After running this squad, I am certainly not
going to sit here and say that these vset pieces are too powerful. I will say that I do not feel that the Legends set is any stronger than the V-sets, or the Wizards of The Coast pieces. The designers all did a superb job. I find the selected V-set pieces, and the Legends set to be a nice mixture that blends very well with the 16 Wizards of the Coast sets. I urge those of you who have not done so to really take a hard look at these pieces. Very intelligent work gentlemen.

Well gents, that's all for me. I hope that those of you who read this found your edification to be satisfactory.