RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:21:05 PM
Groups: Member

Etienne and I still haven't played oursa game. He had suggested last night (Monday) so I was on Vassal until late, but something must've come up so he wasn't there. I've sent him another BM but we're starting to run out of time. I hope we can actually play it though...Mandos-vs-Mandos will be lots of fun!
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:51:17 AM

Come on guys. Today is D-Day, Lets get those games in
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:00:59 AM

I've just BM'ed Etienne again (several times this week, actually...I hope I'm not making a jerk of myself).

I hope he gets back to me. Is the BlooMail system on strike again? Does anyone know how to contact him directly? If so, please BM me.

I've been looking at our match (Mando v Mando) and I think it'll be really interesting and fun to play. I just hope we can play it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:11:41 AM

I've tried multiple times to contact McNizzle. At this point even if he gets back to me, I am occupied all tonight.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:22:17 AM

So Timmer and Thereisnotry get 3 points for trying harder than their opponent!?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:26:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

That's what it looks like.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:34:14 PM

I don't want POINTS! I want GAMES! lol But yeah, the show must go on. So if Etienne can't get back to me in time then I guess I'll take the "win." Arg.

But on that note, if anyone wants to play a game of SWM (whether using our "official" squads or other ones instead) then BM me. I'm in SWM withdrawal, where my life-force was expecting to play a game and is now stuck in the anticipation-netherworld, where it languishes in sorrow. So if anyone wants to play some SWM tonight then lemme know! :)
Naarkon
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 3:50:36 AM

I will have the new pairings up this afternoon.
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:02:08 AM

Official Pairings up anywhere?
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:15:55 PM

New pairings are up. Sorry about the delay.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 5:52:06 PM

UrbanShmi over Shmi15, 207-36 on Anchorhead.

After initially being paired in round two before the repairings, the Shmis finally met in an epic battle on Anchorhead. I won map roll and Shmi15 deferred set up, so I set up on right side. The first few rounds saw us positioning toward the center, with him getting off Atton shots on Khalee (evaded) and my Zonoma Scout (dead). He tried to lock me out of gambit, but I Firejellied with the Consul and the next round moved my forces into gambit. Revan showed off his range with the swapping, managing to get Atton into all sorts of inconvenient places, but my evades were with me and I managed to avoid most of the damage. I moved Tsavong up to base Lord Kaan, thinking that I would be able to get retaliatory attacks or indiscriminate reactions if I got a little lucky. Instead, I wound up killing Lord Kaan with a Cunning YYD at the beginning of the next round. Tsavong was killed not long after, which gave me the chance to move up (Jakan's CE) and attack (retaliatory attack) on Atton with Khalee. YYD the next round finished off Atton (he autofailed his Avoid Defeats). At that point, it looked like it was over, but we had around 10 minutes left, so we agreed to play it out. Shmi15 gave up a bunch of AOOs, resulting in death for Amanoa and his mouse droids, and at the end of the round I went over 200 on gambit.

This was a tense match and a lot of fun. Shmi15's squad definitely kept me on my toes. Thanks for a great "Shmi Battle"!
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 9:07:50 PM

UrbanJedi beats Caedus 204-126

Caedus wins map and chooses his own map cloud city.

I set up inside, and he sets up outside on the litte precipice between the room and the landing platform with ominin in the gambit room.

Rd 1
I move Inquisitor to the gambit turbolift and Obi and the father up. He moves his people up and activates force suppression and gives Zannah Satchel Charge with the trader. 10-10

Rd 2
He goes first and intuits cognus into the gambit room and then moves Zannah into the middle of the gambit room. I blow the main door to the landing pad, the levitate the inquisitor out the door, then follow him out into the gambit square outside with the father. Then Spinning blades with the inquisitor. I make the save for the presence of the dark side and kill the krath witch and the missionary and he successfully illusions the hit on amanoa. He moves cognus in and rages and hits both and I fail the LS defense. Amanoa tries to do 10, but I make the save 15. I then try and push cognus off into the pit and he makes the save. Nothing much else happens. 42-20

Rd 3
I win init, and he intuits back into the room so I can't push him into the pit again. I make the presence save again, and then move away and push Cognus again (although she has no where to go as she is blocked in by her own people with no squares farther away that I can get her). He brings exar out a bit (so he is within 6 of the inquisitor) and then bolt of hatreds him down to 40. Then the father goes, and Obi runs around the corner (takes 10 and loses his FP) and then uses 5 of the fathers points to push Cognus (and kill exar). He runs up with Zannah and hits/misses on obi (who takes 10 because of bescar) then takes 10 more (Again failing bescar) form amanoa. 116-30

Rd 4
I win init. I push Zannah off OBi (she bubbles all the damage) with the inquisitor and move him up along the wall out of sight of ominin. He runs Zannah up to the inquisitor and punches him. I riposte trying to see if I can get some damage through. He rolls a 1, then rerolls to a 20 sending the 40 damage back at me and killing the inquisitor. Then I activate the father, and then Obi goes, flies over Zannah and tries to push her into the pit (she rolls a 1 this time with no force to reroll). 174-96

At this point, Shawn concedes as we have plenty of time left, he can't stop me from getting 200 by just standing where I am for 3 rounds, and I can't stop him from getting 100. So final score is 204-126 (three rounds of us doing nothing).

It was a fun game, and I really wish Shawn had realized he could be pushed into pits. He could have chosen my map (rhen var) which would have made the pit pushing much more difficult and it is very likely that he would have emerged victorious as on Rhen Var, there isn't anywhere in gambit to hide from ominin and his presence and bolt of hatred.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 6:39:33 PM

FlyingArrow over spryguy (3-1)

Played on Rhen Var

I didn't take good notes, but key of the game was probably when Tsavong Lah missed his Avoid Defeat on the first use. Combined fire a lot to take out Sha'kel and his Embrace of Pain.

I had Lobot, Bib, Sanyassan, Lak Sivrak, Talz Pirate, TC-70, Jabba, and Ewok Hang Glider still standing.
He had Shamed One, Yammosk, 8th Cortex.

Close game. We both made some mistakes but nothing totally game ending. Dice were in my favor, I think. If we played again, I'm not sure who would win - assuming even dice and no mistakes.

I had a lot of fun playing this game. And I'm impressed with both of us that we finished the game in the time allotted. These are two of the most complex squads I've played - both with Specialization and tons of moving parts.

Brainiac made what I believe is his competitive tournament debut. Did a pretty good job of nerfing Retaliatory Attack and Sha'kel's cannon shot.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, November 4, 2017 10:01:34 AM

thereisnotry vs theultrastar

We played on Cloud City. Bronson on the left, me on the right.

Round 1: I was able to push Jango up far enough that he could Furious Assault to kill 2 Scout Buggers. Then he died to 7 Explosive Ticks in a row [and I thought the ticks were bad in New Jersey!]. Vindicated also ate a bunch of bugs, bringing him down to 70 hp or so. Bronson pulled back from the doors so that I had no target, other than the AN guy he had left in the gambit area.

Round 2: I killed that guy in the gambit area. Bronson moved up to open the door into that room. Then I activated 3 guys with the Tactician's CE: (1) use my grunt guy to open the bottom of the 2 center doors, (2) triple attack with vindicated (crit to kill a Warrior, then put 30 on 2 other warriors) and then push Mira 6 squares with Vindicated's CE, (3) Mira uses a FP to run 8 and double-grenade a group of 4 Vong guys who were sitting in a huddle, killing 3 of them; she then uses the rest of her movement to try to hide. Bronson responds by vindicating himself on Vindicated, so the score at the end of the round was something like 114-85. If I could just hold them off for a few more seconds....

Round 3: Bronson won init. I resolnare my guys into positions where where I would be able to get at several of his Tick-Tossers. He tossed a Tick at Kelborn, but then I activated 3, using Mira to double-grenade again, then Kelborn to kill 2 more, then the Tactician to kill another. At this point he only had 1 Tick-Tosser left (plus the Subcommander) and I had Kelborn (70hp) and a full-health Mira, Tactician, and Demolitionist, so he conceded.

At the start of round 2 I thought I was hosed, after already losing Jango and having Vindicated at half health. But I was lucky to be able to whittle down his Tick-Tossers before their overwhelming damage output could completely overwhelm my entire squad. I think the main factor was that I was able to get some solid multi-kill activations (Mira, Vindicated, even Kelborn), which ended up really turning the tides here. It definitely could've gone either way. This was also a relatively new map for Bronson, which gave me an advantage.

Anyway, good game man! I'm sure we'll get a rematch soon.

3pts for thereisnotry
1pt for theultrastar

TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 3:58:00 PM

TimmerB123
--Barrel n' Boom!--
32 Shae Vizla
27 Lobot
15 Ree-Yees
78 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x6
26 Outrider on Speeder Bike x2
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Salacious Crumb
9 Rodian Brute x3

(200pts. 16 activations)

vs

Naarkon

--Fall Vassal Regional Squad--
57 Darth Sidious, Sith Master
40 Warb Null
27 Darth Bandon
20 Darth Wyyrlok III
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
13 Amanin Scout
26 Gloom Walker Infiltrator x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

He won map, so we played on Destroyed Base (Commader's base?). I chose left (inside).

I of course brought MTB, and 4 scrubs.

Stephen correctly pinpointed Shae Vizsla and the MTB as my 2 most important pieces, since they were "triggers" to my bombs (he did miss the fact that Ree-Yees is another one, but that didn't really matter.

His squad is quite scary in what it can do. Crazy reach all in one phase (courtesy of the XT-6 droid) with the Amanin, Sidious' Pawn AND swap, and rolling attacks from Warb Null (aka Darth roli-poli). I spread out my bombs wide, because with Bandon's +10 damage he could slice through my Kel'dors, and with damage reduction it would take 2/3 of my Keldors to take him out. If he did that he'd most likely have the game. Otherwise he could take out Shae in a phase with a swap and a double from Warb, and that alone would probably hand him the game. I tried to prevent all of those scenarios.

First round MTB kills a free scrub. Then it was moving up and positioning. I get gambit (bike in an elevator)

Second I again MTB kill a free scrub, then we both move up more, he moves the amanin up. I move up Shae 12 squares to be within 6 to double flame In at the top of the round, knowing how important the amanin is to his squad. I'm overextended a little, and have used my most important piece, but I lock some doors to save myself. I get gambit.

Third round mtb kills a free scrub, and we move into position to go at it. Having double override to lock some doors while he had no override saved me. He swaps in an infiltrator and blows the 1 square wide door with a GW Infiltrator, and the only thing that stopped him from having Lobot, my MTB and the sacrificial scrubs from all going down was my placement of a Keldor blocking that door, next to the infiltrator. He moves his guys up. I put one bike in position to go into his backfield, the other ready for pushing duty. I take a shot with a keldor on the infiltrator needing only a 4 but roll a 1 (that 10 damage would have been nice, because a keldor boom would have killed him.) We both get gambit.

Fourth round I blow the Keldor, (leaving the infiltrator with 10), and use my bike to go into his backfield and kill the XT-6 droid. It was a sacrifice, because he uses Wyyrlok to zap it dead, but I was happy with the trade, knowing what tricks he could pull with a 3 activation phase. He moves up the rest, Warb 2 spaces behind the infiltrator. Then my other bike starts to do its work. The bike pushes Warb into position next to the infiltrator, I stick a keldor next to both of them, and I double flame them both. 50 damage on Warb and dead Infiltrator. He moves up his second infiltrator. We both get gambit.

Fifth round MTB wins the init, and kill the Keldor, 10 left on the infiltrator. I back my bike up out of warbs range, he swaps Warb back to safety for Wyyrlok, then backs up Wyyrlok. I block the door with a keldor. He moves up Bandon. I move up my remaining bombs. Hit Wyyrlok for 10 with a Keldor. I move Shae safely forward. No Gambit

6th round I MTB my last free scrub, and Bandon moves up to choke a Keldor (not killing it), and Sid swaps Warb into place. I use my bike to push Sid and bandon together, knowing Warb will kill it, but happy for the trade. Warb kills the bike, and I run 2 keldors up to base both Sid and Bandon, and move Shae into kill position. No gambit.

7th round. I MTB and kill a rodian, then double flame with Shae, double booming 2 keldors and killing both Bandon and Sid in one move. Naarkon concedes, but we agree to finish the round. He forgot he was getting points while I was blowing up, and he was near 100. He uses Warb to kill my last Keldor getting him to 101. He says that's the game, but he forgot I have Ree-Yees, and his own trigger. I move him adjacent to Wyyrlok in 9 spaces, and then move him back and forth adjacent to try and blow up. I roll below 11 on the first 2 tries, but roll a 16 on my final try to blow up, giving him 15 more, and getting me to exactly 200pts, with 4 rounds of gambit and only Warb left alive. I move Lobot into gambit to make it 210-116

3pts TimmerB
1pt Naarkon

It was a closer game than the score. Placement was so important, I had to spread my pieces out so much, fearing Warb and crazy swap capabilities. I had to give him no wiggle room. Sith Sidious is now a legit option for competitive squads with the addition of the XT-6 droid.

Stephen is always fun to play with, and we had a nice conversation about our squads, the weird tournament meta, the weird outrage over locked rooms, etc.

Finishing with 9 points ain't so bad with this ridiculous squad meant to counter a meta that didn't show up. I had fun regardless, basically testing what the bikes can do. There is certainly potential there, and I look forward to seeing it exploited (just not against me!). I think pushing the enemies into clusters for blowing up and flaming will be secondary. Pushing enemies into range for nasty shooters will be the real threat.

Thanks again to Naarkon for setting this all up! It's not an easy job, but know it's much appreciated!

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 5:25:23 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
He says that's the game, but he forgot I have Ree-Yees, and his own trigger. I move him adjacent to Wyyrlok in 9 spaces, and then move him back and forth adjacent to try and blow up. I roll below 11 on the first 2 tries, but roll a 16 on my final try to blow up,

If I read that correctly, Ree-Yees tried to blow himself up multiple times on the same turn. He can only use Trigger Defeat once per turn:

TriggerDefeatGlossary wrote:
Once per turn, whenever a character activates, moves into a square, spends a Force point, or targets a character, this character may immediately attempt a save of 11. On a success, this character is defeated.

He can try again at the start of the next character's turn, and the next, and the next, but on his own turn he'd only get one shot at it. If you had 2 more activations after Ree-Yees, it's a moot point, but wanted to clarify for next time it comes up.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 6:48:07 PM

Aww well shoot - you did read that right. I had many activations to go so it would be moot in this case, but that is good to know. Easy to overlook when you don't have the cards in front o you, lol
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 7:09:11 PM

oh how adorable!
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 10:01:01 PM

Any word on Frenchy vs Darth O and Kezza vs Mcnizzle? I'm going to have to give out double losses if no one has communicated at all (which could matter for top 4).
Darth O
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2017 11:02:50 PM

I've sent Frenchy a couple of BMs with no reply yet. Definitely won't be able to play if he responds, as my next free day is next week.