RegisterDonateLogin

Impresses females of your species.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 2:20:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
shmi15 wrote:
Oh boy. I almost embarrassed to even say this. Trevor beat me 228-0. As lopsided as you can imagine it being. Crying


Deaths_Baine wrote:
Ahhhhh mace windu you are so much fun.


shmi15 wrote:
There is one ability... I bolded, underlined, and Italicized it for you. Mace Windu has been nerfed enough I think, no need to continue to come out with abilities to make him more and more.... Obsolete.


Wink Flapper
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 2:30:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/12/2010
Posts: 554
TimmerB123 wrote:
Baby steps for me - I actually put Shea Vizla on the board this time! She didn't do a single thing, then she died, but at least I put her on the board.

It wasn't as close as the score. Jim played it perfectly and I made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. His win was well deserved.

Goal for next game - use Shea Vizla at least once to do damage. ThumpUp


Tim this is an intervention because I care. You have been running Vong a lot lately and it’s making us all real uncomfortable. We are not use to seeing you play like this. You are hurting yourself, and it’s time to put the Mandos back on the shelf. We care about you.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 2:47:54 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/31/2010
Posts: 1,620
TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Oh boy. I almost embarrassed to even say this. Trevor beat me 228-0. As lopsided as you can imagine it being. Crying


Deaths_Baine wrote:
Ahhhhh mace windu you are so much fun.


shmi15 wrote:
There is one ability... I bolded, underlined, and Italicized it for you. Mace Windu has been nerfed enough I think, no need to continue to come out with abilities to make him more and more.... Obsolete.


Wink Flapper



Not really sure how to feel about this... it was actually obiwan that killed revan...kaan...atton lol and obiwan that gives him ranged defense that was his biggest weakness...


But either way mace has so many bad matchups now I still dont think he is tier 1.5.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 2:51:21 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
Deaths_Baine wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Oh boy. I almost embarrassed to even say this. Trevor beat me 228-0. As lopsided as you can imagine it being. Crying


Deaths_Baine wrote:
Ahhhhh mace windu you are so much fun.


shmi15 wrote:
There is one ability... I bolded, underlined, and Italicized it for you. Mace Windu has been nerfed enough I think, no need to continue to come out with abilities to make him more and more.... Obsolete.


Wink Flapper



Not really sure how to feel about this... it was actually obiwan that killed revan...kaan...atton lol and obiwan that gives him ranged defense that was his biggest weakness...


But either way mace has so many bad matchups now I still dont think he is tier 1.5.



I had no answer for Mace in my squad.. Because I didn't anticipate Mace, lol. But yea, Obi-Wan did everything. He soaked up every shot from Atton moving down the board. I either missed the attack, or he made his save. And he did kill Revan, Atton, and Kaan, lol. Mace just hit one Crit, and I failed my save both times to prevent it. But that one crit was at a very key moment, other than that, he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. Oddly, it was Obiwan who gave me issues at everyturn.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:17:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
theultrastar wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Baby steps for me - I actually put Shea Vizla on the board this time! She didn't do a single thing, then she died, but at least I put her on the board.

It wasn't as close as the score. Jim played it perfectly and I made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. His win was well deserved.

Goal for next game - use Shea Vizla at least once to do damage. ThumpUp


Tim this is an intervention because I care. You have been running Vong a lot lately and it’s making us all real uncomfortable. We are not use to seeing you play like this. You are hurting yourself, and it’s time to put the Mandos back on the shelf. We care about you.


Playing Vong a lot? Was that a brain fart and you meant Mandos? Otherwise this makes no sense
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:59:17 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,958
Deaths_Baine wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Oh boy. I almost embarrassed to even say this. Trevor beat me 228-0. As lopsided as you can imagine it being. Crying


Deaths_Baine wrote:
Ahhhhh mace windu you are so much fun.


shmi15 wrote:
There is one ability... I bolded, underlined, and Italicized it for you. Mace Windu has been nerfed enough Ithink, no need to continue to come out with abilities to make him more and more.... Obsolete.


Wink Flapper



Not really sure how to feel about this... it was actually obiwan that killed revan...kaan...atton lol and obiwan that gives him ranged defense that was his biggest weakness...


But either way mace has so many bad matchups now I still dont think he is tier 1.5.

Ya mace sucks these days. But his time will come again.
Melee will gain some ground and mace will come back. Especially if there is ever a force battery in republic.
All he ever needed to see the front lines again
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 4:13:07 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/31/2010
Posts: 1,620
Teamwork plus force push for the win lol.
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 4:22:33 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/30/2014
Posts: 312
Location: Wisconsin
Please keep this thread for play reports. Thanks.
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:10:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/12/2010
Posts: 554
TimmerB123 wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Baby steps for me - I actually put Shea Vizla on the board this time! She didn't do a single thing, then she died, but at least I put her on the board.

It wasn't as close as the score. Jim played it perfectly and I made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. His win was well deserved.

Goal for next game - use Shea Vizla at least once to do damage. ThumpUp


Tim this is an intervention because I care. You have been running Vong a lot lately and it’s making us all real uncomfortable. We are not use to seeing you play like this. You are hurting yourself, and it’s time to put the Mandos back on the shelf. We care about you.


Playing Vong a lot? Was that a brain fart and you meant Mandos? Otherwise this makes no sense


Hahaha yeah it was supposed to say Mandos!
Caedus
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 8:56:42 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 911
Caedus 2pts beats Naarkon 149-82 0pts

Naarkon won map (Commanders Office) I chose right side. Set Ommin in Gambit with EX-DFS haunting Cognus

Round 1 - positioning with me getting Gambit

Round 2 - Naarkon with some positioning, moves his gloom walker infiltrator into a spot where I can reach with Cognus and I need 3's, so naturally, I roll a 2 first (more to come) then a 14 to put 20 on his GWI. Naarkon Activates Sidious and swaps in Warb for the GW. Takes 2 swings at Cognus who parries the first and then Naarkon rolls a 2. Round ends with me in Gambit.

Round 3 - I win init again (I only lost one all game, so at least those rolls went for me). I use surprise Attack with Cognus needing 11's with Warbs Sshii-cho. I roll 6 and 9. I then Attack with Cognus with rage and roll a hit and a crit, putting 80 on Warb. I go for a GWI with Zannah and put 40 on it, then I try Victory without war from the Imp Missionary to either take out another GWI or keep it, Naarkon saves and restores its health. I bring Amanoa down to kill the other GWI. He brings Bandon up to grip Amanoa for 20. Round ends with me in Gambit

Round 4 - I roll a 5 for Init and Naarkon rolls a 4 and this was the first key initiative. He made a mistake with his Amanin Scout and left it where Cognus could reach. 2 Rolls later no more scout. I then made a huge positioning mistake and have everyone else in lightning formation. Naarkon brings up Wyyrlok and zaps everyone, then Sidious is next and down goes the Krath death witch and Amanoa and with bubble only puts 20 on Zannah. Warb puts 40 more on Zannah and with a save with his second attack Zannah survives Round ends with me in Gambit

Round 5 - I win this key init and finish off Warb and at the end of the round after time was called I take out Wyyrlok and Sacrifice Cognus and had a 30 hp zannah imp missionary, full health Ommin, EX and my squib. Naarkon had 20 hp GWI, 60 HP Sidious, 60 HP bandon

Great game, and was very competitive.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:13:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
FlyingArrow over DarthRattlehead 3-0 (205-0)

In a complete reversal from round 1, I went from not scoring at all to not giving up a point at all.

Played on Outlaw City.

Round 1 we both ran right through at each other through Cantina/garage, and by the end of the round all the doors were open but no one had attacked anything yet. I had all my main attackers on the skiff.

Top of Round 2, he ran at the skiff and got it down to 10hp in one phase with Jaina and Chewie. I had actually figured that he can't kill the skiff in one activation, so I knew I'd be safe unloading at the top of this round. But for some reason I didn't unload right away... one crit from either Jaina or Chewie and the skiff would have died... but there were no crits and that meant that I didn't have to pay for that mistake. I Disembarked everyone and retreated the skiff. At that point, I was pretty much able to unload my whole squad onto his squad. My squad has some survivability issues, but if all the boosts are active it doesn't lack in damage output. Jaina and Dray died in Round 2. Then Chewie, Leia, and the fodder in Round 3. Jag was the only one standing at the end of Round 3. Jabba gaining gambit meant I was at 205 to end the game.

It was fun to see the squad work, and DarthRattlehead was a trooper to get up and play at 6am his time. As it ended, he was getting breakfast for the kids.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:20:19 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
When does this round end?

I think no matter what Darth Rattlehead has the bye next round... If that helps you with pairings
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:44:06 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/30/2008
Posts: 1,643
shmi15 wrote:
When does this round end?

I think no matter what Darth Rattlehead has the bye next round... If that helps you with pairings


Yeah, with Darth Rattlehead being the only one with zero pts, he should be the one getting the bye. Unless something really crazy happens
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:02:32 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
urbanjedi wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
When does this round end?

I think no matter what Darth Rattlehead has the bye next round... If that helps you with pairings


Yeah, with Darth Rattlehead being the only one with zero pts, he should be the one getting the bye. Unless something really crazy happens


I can't conceive of anything that crazy possible in round 3 of a 5 round tournament.

Round 5 can get ridiculous sometimes
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:18:27 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/29/2008
Posts: 946
Location: Canada
thereisnotry defeats urbanjedi, by a score of 235-142

Jason won the map roll but chose my map because his map (Rhen Var) had too much green terrain (for Mira's Rigged Detonators) for his taste. I set up on the outside, and Jason started his lads in the long corridor under the main building area.

Round 1: He got gambit first round, even though I could've reached it if I'd wanted to...I was just more interested in making attacks and doing some damage. My main maneuver was to push Mira up for a nice double-Gernade on all 3 of his guys at the end of the round after he was out-activated...yes, I out-activated someone while using a squad with just SIX GUYS! It was a good game for that reason alone!

Round 2: Jason won initiative to start the second round, so I used Resolnare to reposition my peeps in such a way that Jason would have to waste 4 FPs to push my Demolitionist before he could then push a better, high-value target. Well, he did that, and went for The Vindicated, but I rolled a 12 on the pit save, so that was big. I did some damage back, but MandObi is a sturdy tank vs shooters (28 Def in cover, plus Soresu) so it wasn't much. But at lease Jango could hit stuff this time! I positioned myself to hopefully kill the Father next round, with Vindicated, Kelborn, and Mira all in the gambit room, and the Father at 130 hp or something. At this point, both MandObi and the Inquistor were at 0 FP, so I figured that if I could kill off the Father before he could activate, that would really hinder Jason's damage output going forward.

Round 3: I did win initiative, and my Tactician could see people, so I could activate 3 peeps after Resolnare. Mira first: 20dmg on a no-cover Twin against Dad. Then Vindicated: Hit-Hit-Crit for 120, which full done killed 'im. ...Or did it? A few moments later Jason remembered that the Inquisitor has Intimidation, which adds 2 Def to the Father, which ended up causing Vindicated's second attack to miss, so the Father lived with 10 hp. But no problem, I still have Kelborn, right? Double attack, no cover, needing a 13...aaaand, I got a 1 and a 2. lol! This round it was KELBORN who had the Nerf gun! So the Father lived, which allowed the Inquisitor to be levitated next to Mira for a nice quick-'n-easy-Jedi-Hunter-smashy kill. D'oh! I should've retreated her with Vindicated's CE.

Round 4: I won init again but the Tactician couldn't see anyone, so I could only activate 1 peep. Furthermore, my 60 hp Vindicated was based by MandObi, while Kelborn was based by the Intimidator (who has that nasty 30dmg attack), so I had no use for Resolnare. I chose to go with Kelborn to put 40dmg (after Leather Armor) on the Intimidator, to prevent him using Spinning Blade Attack. Jason chose to focus his damage on Vindicated (30 dmg from Push and 20 from Obi's magic broom), bringing him down to 10 hp. Jango flew in for a crit to finish off the Intimidator, and a miss on MandObi.

Round 5: I won init again and I think it put one more hit on MandObi with Mandalore, but then Mandalore died an excruciatingly overkilled death from Obi's Push (powered by his Father). I then finished off the Father with Jangalore ("See, Vindicated? I can shoot! Wait...Vindicated? Don't you dare back out on me....Come BACK!") I was at 195 at this point with Gambit, and Jason at 142. I won the next, and Kelborn finally traded his Nerf gun for his Gauntlet Knife, and finished off MandObi. 235-142. My 3 remaining peeps were all at full health, but Jason did a really good job to stay in gambit the whole time and drop half of my squad.


As always, Jay was a great opponent. And once again, our match was a close, exciting contest of skill and mutual out-thinking that could've gone either way. Cheers, man!
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 7:12:01 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/12/2010
Posts: 554
Do we have anymore games left in this round? When does the next round pairings go up?
shmi15
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 8:19:38 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
theultrastar wrote:
Do we have anymore games left in this round? When does the next round pairings go up?



Fall Vassal tournament discussion forum
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:02:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
Kezz just posted on facebook that he won 2-1 over pntkd2.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 5:08:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,958
Crazy match up and fun to watch!
kezzamachineII
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 8:31:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/30/2015
Posts: 176
Short answer is my Amphistaff Jacen beat Pnktd2's Republic 181-136, netting me a 2-1 win at Anchorhead. Long story to come.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.