RegisterDonateLogin

That's two you owe me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:15:55 PM
Groups: Member

New pairings with everyone actually included are up.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:59:34 PM

I have a question I'd like to bring up. First off I think you're doing a great job Naarkon and I appreciate all of your efforts. I am curious though, how does Shmi15 end up with the bye when he went 1-0 with a 3pt win. I personally feel like someone who went 0-1 with 0pts should have the bye.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:08:57 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
I have a question I'd like to bring up. First off I think you're doing a great job Naarkon and I appreciate all of your efforts. I am curious though, how does Shmi15 end up with the bye when he went 1-0 with a 3pt win. I personally feel like someone who went 0-1 with 0pts should have the bye.

I echo Spry's praise and appreciation for your efforts Naarkon.

From a rules standpoint - the bye should be someone with the lowest tournament score (at this point - it is 0 points) - Flying Arrow, McNizzle, or. . .

Actually - this brings another question - Perhaps I am wrong, but didn't Deaths Baine concede to Darth Rattlehead? If so, you have them reversed.

So - either Flying Arrow, McNizzle or (the one who conceded between) Deaths Baine/Darth Rattlehead should get the bye.

Naarkon - keep kickin butt. It's not easy being a tournament organizer. These small road bumps (due to understandable and/or specific confusing circumstances) are nuthin' in the whole scheme of things.

PS - bloo mail does kinda suck.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:17:17 PM

Naarkon wrote:
kezzamachineII wrote:
Naarkon wrote:

Name: Kerry Logan
Screen Name: kezzamachineII
Map: Simulation Deck
Squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179162/amphistaff-of-destiny

How come you have all this info from September 11 if I'm not registered?! I sent two BMs to the organiser on the 12th (NZ time) of September. None back. What the hell?

I am so sorry man. I must have put you in and then gotten mixed up. Give me a bit, and I'll have it fixed.

Edit: You know what, I think you could be a little more understanding when errors like this happen. I'm doing this on my own time just because I want to, and I'm working with tools (like the bloomail system) that don't work well for this sort of thing. You registered late, and at a time when my inbox was getting filled with messages. I'm still putting you back in, but c'mon man. I'm not getting paid for this.

Hi guys. I wanna apologise to you all. Naarkon especially. This is an awesome tournament and I know what its like to be the organiser. I was out of line to be so aggressive with my response. Its a bloody good reminder not to write an email/message when you're frustrated.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:18:37 PM

The final (hopefully) pairings are up. Didn't know how the bye was decided normally so made it random.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:32:34 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I concede move along

Still the question on Deaths_Baine vs Darth Rattlehead.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:41:11 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
I concede move along

If someone fails to communicate, they automatically concede. Deaths_Baine was in communication.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:46:03 PM

Thank you to everyone for being understanding. Never done this before Crying
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:50:39 PM

Naarkon wrote:

Your the real MVP Naarkon and your doing a smashing job! Hosting a tournament for the first time is always a learning experience. Do not sweat it!
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:18:36 PM

Naarkon wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.

Round two here we come!!!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:21:02 PM

Naarkon wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
I concede move along

If someone fails to communicate, they automatically concede. Deaths_Baine was in communication.

The communication did come, just with 3 days left.

i would like to revisit the idea that we have some form of "if you do not communicate before the 3rd day" or something like that than you get a warnin/reminderg bloomail and if you haven't communicated by the 5th day you auto lose.

Or some form of ruling on it
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:14:36 AM

It's really hard to regulate down to the smallest detail. In the end it's up to the TO, and I have no doubt he will make an honest fair decision in any circumstance.
Darth O
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:40:43 PM

Darth O defeats jen'ari by concession 200-15 on Commander's Office.

I won map roll and jen'ari set up on the bottom left. Round 1 he moved his guys through the bottom with Barriss and Caedus in lifts. Once he had finished his round, I moved Yoda God knows how many squares and swapped in Momaw to war throat. This killed the XT-6 and put 20 on Caedus and Barriss, but Malgus made both Dark Armour saves.

Round 2 I won init, but Caedus used Aing-Tii to SBM Momaw. He used double attack, but rolled a 1, so Momaw lived. I then used him to war troat again, bring Caedus down to 70, Malgus to 150, the R7 to 20 and Barriss to 50. He then killed Momaw. I tapped a few commanders and uggies, and he blew up the big centre door with his uggie and used the R7 to lock open the first 1-square door below gambit. Since his Sith were on the other side of the big bottom door, I ran 26 with Yoda to gallop the uggie, swapped the flametrooper in, killed the R7 and put 20 on Barriss. I then towed Blizz up and locked the bottom door with R2.

Jen'ari conceded at this point with about 30 minutes left, since he had no door control left and I could just pick off the rest of his squad at the end of each round. It was a tough matchup for him with so much movement and door control, and the 1 on Momaw made things much worse.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:51:17 PM

Great game from DarthO
Caedus not killing nadon too kthe wind out of my sails. But the good move to kill the r7 was the end game.
I can't play these guys right at all, haha but I learned a lot more from a great tarpals build.
Just absorbing all this information so I can be competitive with different things
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:18:37 AM

Just played my game with Laura. It wasn't much of a game and that's no reflection against Laura, it's just that it was a massive mismatch in squads. There was nothing her melee squad could do against this Blast Bug juggernaut. I won map, chose Laura's map of Anchorhead. Laura took left, I had the right. First round I took out Tsavong Lah, Laura failed both Avoid Defeat rolls. 2nd round I won init, put 20 on Shedao Shai and moved away. Laura tried to go around the gambit room to cut down the number of pieces I could hit her with. I was able to open doors, get a line on Shedao and cut him down at the end of rd2. Laura conceded there.

With Forward Positioning. Stable Footing. Pathfinder. The ability to bring in 40 pts of Reinforcements and then of course, that much in unavoidable auto dmg. The squad is too broken. It's impossible for Melee to face it at all. If Melee even attempts to face it, the result is this game. All your good pieces die inside the first 2 rounds and the game is called.

Laura is a great competitor, always a pleasure to play a game with her.

When running this Vong squad there is just zero strategy that goes into it. You just point and say 20 dmg to that piece. It's impossible for Melee to be ran competitively when you have this lurking out there. I sincerely hope the Balance Committee takes a hard look at this squad and nerfs it. That being said, 3pt win for me.

UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:13:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yeah, always a pleasure to play with Bronson. I had essentially one possible chance, to wallclimber around and get to his commanders, but that was impossible because of how quickly and efficiently he set up his kill box. The blast bugs are truly a nightmare for melee, and really for almost every other squad type. Only strafe really has a shot.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:37:36 PM

Tim and I just finished our game. I won 200-100 in about 40 minutes. Basically the game boiled down to Tim miscounting squares for Ree-Yees to move. He'd thought he'd set up a situation where I had 4 guys all bunched up for Ree-Yees to come in and blow himself up and do 40 to each, but was just off. Blizz was the hero, using flamethrower to kill 1 dude outright and put 20 on 3 others, and Embo came in and took out Shae Vizla. After that it was math (3 kel dors to kill Embo, 1 kel dor and Ree-Yees to kill Blizz), with Tim blowing up his final Kel Dor to kill my R7, giving him 100pts.

Had Ree-Yees been able to put 40 on those characters I still would have made the move with Blizz, and to save Shae Vizla he would have had to retreat her right away. If that had happened, he still had plenty to regroup with and I would have had a number of power pieces seriously damaged. The exchange would have made a game of it. I'm not sure I want a rematch lol. Good game, Tim.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:08:10 PM

Baby steps for me - I actually put Shea Vizla on the board this time! She didn't do a single thing, then she died, but at least I put her on the board.

It wasn't as close as the score. Jim played it perfectly and I made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. His win was well deserved.

Goal for next game - use Shea Vizla at least once to do damage. ThumpUp
shmi15
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 1:56:57 PM

Oh boy. I almost embarrassed to even say this. Trevor beat me 228-0. As lopsided as you can imagine it being. Crying
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 2:07:05 PM

Ahhhhh mace windu you are so much fun.