RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
Caedus
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 4:19:35 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 911
TimmerB123 wrote:
Oh man I just can't catch a break, lol. So many melee squads, and I can't face any!?!


I have been fortunate in my matches, but mine is meant for shooter squads and I have faced zero.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 2:16:23 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
Alright, so last nights game was awesome. Caedus played amazing, and this match once the fighting started really took off. So much fun tho! My saves against McNizzle came back to haunt me this game :( BUT! I should've failed the majority of my saves with the -4 from Exar.


Anyways, I won map, I chose my map, Anchorhead, and the set up on the right, Placing Ominin and the Fs in the moddile in Gambit I set Revan 12 squares away from the front of the door, while setting Atton up at the bottom of the map.

ROUND 1

I went first, and instead of positioning early, on my 3rd turn I run Revan, and swap Atton in adjacent to the door in front of Ominin. I activate Atton, Make my save from POTD, and then make 1 of many very tough decisions this match. I could Sith Rage, and drop 80 on Ominin.... But I needed to roll 7's. I chose not to Sith Rage, and as I thought, I missed one attack, so I FP reroll and hit him. And then I lock the door on his side of the map, keeping his whole squad away from Ominin. Round ends. He gets Gambit.



ROUND2

I win init, let him go first, He blows door with Zannah that I locked and run up in front off Omini to force me to target her. we activate a few things here and there.... and this time, I swap in Kaan the side of the door..... He had activated Ominin and Zannah, allowing Kaans Backlash to work. I completey forget about POTD.... So I make my save.... 10. Sack my recruit roll a 10 :( So I lose a FP, and 10 HP. No thought Bomb this game. So now I'm looking at killing Ominin with Kaan... Oh wait... I can't. I forgot he doesn't get Bravado... AND I would be within range of DoF, so I chose to move adjacent to Zannah to attempt to put some damage on her, getting my Double, and Bravado. Miss my first attack, so I Fp reroll, hit, he fails save, rerolls and makes it. And then I hit again, and he makes his save. He runs Talon 7 using a FP to get adjacent to Kaan and twin him...
Thinking luck is on my side... He misses 1 attack.. so is only able to drop Kaan to 60. He uses Amanoa, and puts another 10 on Kaan. down to 50. I was so happy, thinking I was getting lucky right here. Well, I learned my lesson.




ROUND 3

I roll the dreaded 1 for init :( So he is able to Surpise Attack with Cognus, and then he killed Kaan with Zannah. On my turn, I blow the door open, sack my XT run Revan adjacent too Cognus, try to put damage on him, but instead, I lose 10HP and 1 more FP because of POTD (failed the save) I hit Cognus,he fails the parry save, and no FP to reroll, 30 damage there, then I swap Atton in, and again, can't use Sith Rage because of being scared of missing... Which I did, so I rerolled, do 80 more damage to him ( Cognus at 10) Atton Fails his POTD save, loses another FP and 10 more HP, putting me to 60.... Cognus Sith Rages me. Kills Atton, fail my Avoid defeats Lose my Exar as well
He runs Cognus 6 to try and save him, but I am able to get Amanoa adjacent, and Sith Hatred him, killing Cognus and his Exar.

We both get gambit this round

ROUND 4

I win init, and I drop 60 more on Ominin ( he had been healing him with the missionary) which brought him to 30. I run people adjacent to Omini, so he can't do damage to my guys without killing him. He starts doing auto damage with his Amanoa, and I have a chance to kill his Ominin with GARY... which I think would've won me the game. BUT. I had to roll an 8, and I rolled a 4 :( Al the while, I am failing saves with Revan and Amanoa losng 10HP and 1 FP everytime. He ends up killing GARY, and one of my mouses. and this round I don't get gambit.



ROUND 5

I end up killing Ominin, he does damage to some things, but were in a lockdown battle with Revan and Zannah.

We both Get Gambit

ROUND 5

Nothin I can do, as he can kill either Amanoa, and my mouse and win, or kill Revan and win. He chooses Revan. Needs 7's 4 times... it takes all 4 rolls to get 1 to stick, lol.

He won 230- 187 or something. Very close. Hindsight. I should've haunted Kaan, not Atton, so I could've thought Bomb. Because Iw as never able to Sith Rage anyway :( Super fun game still! Its fun playing 11 act, vs 8 acts with no act control, and mostly melee. Something about that just feels right. lol. He outplayed me tho, but it was fun none the less.


I think this has been the most fun tournament I have ever played in... So far every round ( except against Trevor) Has been a knock down drag out fight till the end! Thanks Darth_Jim, McnNizzle and now Caedus for great games! Screw you Death's Baine, you got lucky! Flapper




TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 2:30:47 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
Are standings going to be updated for round 4?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 2:56:48 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
Cognus is female.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:50:57 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
I've contacted McNizzle twice with no response. I'd like a game. If he doesn't show can I just play Darth Rattlehead?

Or maybe I'll play him just for fun (If I can get ahold of him). Then if McNizzle is a no-show, then we can count Rattlehead and my game (if Naarkon accepts this arrangement.)

It's the bottom of the bracket, so it really doesn't matter. LOL
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:05:57 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
TimmerB123 wrote:
I've contacted McNizzle twice with no response. I'd like a game. If he doesn't show can I just play Darth Rattlehead?

Or maybe I'll play him just for fun (If I can get ahold of him). Then if McNizzle is a no-show, then we can count Rattlehead and my game (if Naarkon accepts this arrangement.)

It's the bottom of the bracket, so it really doesn't matter. LOL


He is reliable! He will get back in touch!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:12:21 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/31/2010
Posts: 1,620
shmi15 wrote:
Alright, so last nights game was awesome. Caedus played amazing, and this match once the fighting started really took off. So much fun tho! My saves against McNizzle came back to haunt me this game :( BUT! I should've failed the majority of my saves with the -4 from Exar.


Anyways, I won map, I chose my map, Anchorhead, and the set up on the right, Placing Ominin and the Fs in the moddile in Gambit I set Revan 12 squares away from the front of the door, while setting Atton up at the bottom of the map.

ROUND 1

I went first, and instead of positioning early, on my 3rd turn I run Revan, and swap Atton in adjacent to the door in front of Ominin. I activate Atton, Make my save from POTD, and then make 1 of many very tough decisions this match. I could Sith Rage, and drop 80 on Ominin.... But I needed to roll 7's. I chose not to Sith Rage, and as I thought, I missed one attack, so I FP reroll and hit him. And then I lock the door on his side of the map, keeping his whole squad away from Ominin. Round ends. He gets Gambit.



ROUND2

I win init, let him go first, He blows door with Zannah that I locked and run up in front off Omini to force me to target her. we activate a few things here and there.... and this time, I swap in Kaan the side of the door..... He had activated Ominin and Zannah, allowing Kaans Backlash to work. I completey forget about POTD.... So I make my save.... 10. Sack my recruit roll a 10 :( So I lose a FP, and 10 HP. No thought Bomb this game. So now I'm looking at killing Ominin with Kaan... Oh wait... I can't. I forgot he doesn't get Bravado... AND I would be within range of DoF, so I chose to move adjacent to Zannah to attempt to put some damage on her, getting my Double, and Bravado. Miss my first attack, so I Fp reroll, hit, he fails save, rerolls and makes it. And then I hit again, and he makes his save. He runs Talon 7 using a FP to get adjacent to Kaan and twin him...
Thinking luck is on my side... He misses 1 attack.. so is only able to drop Kaan to 60. He uses Amanoa, and puts another 10 on Kaan. down to 50. I was so happy, thinking I was getting lucky right here. Well, I learned my lesson.




ROUND 3

I roll the dreaded 1 for init :( So he is able to Surpise Attack with Cognus, and then he killed Kaan with Zannah. On my turn, I blow the door open, sack my XT run Revan adjacent too Cognus, try to put damage on him, but instead, I lose 10HP and 1 more FP because of POTD (failed the save) I hit Cognus,he fails the parry save, and no FP to reroll, 30 damage there, then I swap Atton in, and again, can't use Sith Rage because of being scared of missing... Which I did, so I rerolled, do 80 more damage to him ( Cognus at 10) Atton Fails his POTD save, loses another FP and 10 more HP, putting me to 60.... Cognus Sith Rages me. Kills Atton, fail my Avoid defeats Lose my Exar as well
He runs Cognus 6 to try and save him, but I am able to get Amanoa adjacent, and Sith Hatred him, killing Cognus and his Exar.

We both get gambit this round

ROUND 4

I win init, and I drop 60 more on Ominin ( he had been healing him with the missionary) which brought him to 30. I run people adjacent to Omini, so he can't do damage to my guys without killing him. He starts doing auto damage with his Amanoa, and I have a chance to kill his Ominin with GARY... which I think would've won me the game. BUT. I had to roll an 8, and I rolled a 4 :( Al the while, I am failing saves with Revan and Amanoa losng 10HP and 1 FP everytime. He ends up killing GARY, and one of my mouses. and this round I don't get gambit.



ROUND 5

I end up killing Ominin, he does damage to some things, but were in a lockdown battle with Revan and Zannah.

We both Get Gambit

ROUND 5

Nothin I can do, as he can kill either Amanoa, and my mouse and win, or kill Revan and win. He chooses Revan. Needs 7's 4 times... it takes all 4 rolls to get 1 to stick, lol.

He won 230- 187 or something. Very close. Hindsight. I should've haunted Kaan, not Atton, so I could've thought Bomb. Because Iw as never able to Sith Rage anyway :( Super fun game still! Its fun playing 11 act, vs 8 acts with no act control, and mostly melee. Something about that just feels right. lol. He outplayed me tho, but it was fun none the less.


I think this has been the most fun tournament I have ever played in... So far every round ( except against Trevor) Has been a knock down drag out fight till the end! Thanks Darth_Jim, McnNizzle and now Caedus for great games! Screw you Death's Baine, you got lucky! Flapper







suck it.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:36:57 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,958
#0
Caedus
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 11:27:50 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 911
Anybody else play any games? Are you going to?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 11:33:06 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/17/2009
Posts: 633
Caedus wrote:
Anybody else play any games? Are you going to?


Kezz and I are scheduled this afternoon. I know J and Naarkon are playing on Monday.

EDIT: Kezz and I have to reschedule. Hopefully we can get the game in.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 4:04:01 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
Darth O and I were scheduled for tonight but he had to back out, and we won't be able to get it in on time so he conceded.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 6:44:27 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/12/2010
Posts: 554
I’m really sorry to hear that Darth O lost.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:20:29 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
theultrastar wrote:
I’m really sorry to hear that Darth O lost.


We can hear your dancing from here
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:21:58 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
Still no response from McNizzle
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 9:41:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,277
When is this round over? It seems like most games are just being "forfeited"
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 9:57:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/9/2008
Posts: 3,316
Location: Chicago
It's unfortunate. I entered this tournament to play games, not caring how I did (clearly, lol).

That said, Darth real life can come at any time. Believe me I know. For me this tourament was in part escape from the dark lord of reality.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 10:23:19 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
TimmerB123 wrote:
It's unfortunate. I entered this tournament to play games, not caring how I did (clearly, lol).

That said, Darth real life can come at any time. Believe me I know. For me this tourament was in part escape from the dark lord of reality.


I can play his squad for him if he doesn't get back to you. Unofficial, of course, since it looks like you get the concession if you don't hear back from him. But at least to let you get in a game. Or, if you prefer, you can unofficially play Darth O's squad since it likes neither one of us will get in a game this round.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:18:09 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 911
shmi15 wrote:
When is this round over? It seems like most games are just being "forfeited"


10/26
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 1:28:15 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/26/2009
Posts: 7,532
With Darth O and me, the weekend was our shot to get it in because or schedules don't mesh otherwise. With three more days maybe Tim will still get his game is after all.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 8:08:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/30/2008
Posts: 1,643
Played Naarkon

Final score 233-30 Urban Jedi Won

Pregame
I won map (rhen var) he took the right and haunted Warb Null

Rd 1
All positioning. He sent the amanin scout across the top and most of his other guys towards the middle.

Rd 2
I got into gambit while he kept working on positioning, sending the amanin around and down.
10-0

Rd 3
I Grab an infiltrator and feed him to the inquisitor. He runs the amanin all the way around to the bottom and grips the inquisitor, and pawns his other inquisitor and misses on the father.
33-0

Rd 4
I grab Sid and start feeding him to the inquisitor. Sid gets to hit once, before he dies a horrible death on a riposte, and then gets gripped and the amanin finally hits. Obi takes care of the other infiltrator with a push. He finally breaks into gambit, and Warb stats engaging the father.
113-10

Rd 5
Warb keeps working on the father (missing alot not getting very far), Obi makes his second consecutive Force stun 15 save, Dad tosses Warb to the wolves (err inquisitor) who misses once, but still does 40. Inquisitor down to 30, so next init will be huge.
126-20

Rd 6
I win the init, and the inquisitor finally eats through Warb Null. Obi now starts working on Wyrlock, while Bandon and the amanin both swing and miss at the inquisitor.
190-30

Rd 7
I win init and kill off Wyyrlock, the other 2 guys both swing and miss on the inquisitor who then finishes off the amanin, and the father throws bandon out of gambit.
233-30


Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.