Aurra Sing
Destroyer Droid x2
Whorm Loathsom
Nute Gunray
Wicket
R4
3 ugnaughts
3 mouse droids

I wanted a way to get a IG-100 Combat Droid involved to help Hypori's longetivy.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 9:19:23 PM
Groups: Member

I don't know if I can find a better squad than this:

Revan
The Jedi Exile
Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
Zaalbar
Old Republic Commander
mouse droids x2
Ugnaughts x2

Carth Onasi goes to triple twin with GMA, hitting for 180 when using cunning attack and has the ability to move 6 before a round starts.
The Jedi Exile can help out against force users with Force cancel and Zaalbar can even be used to bodyguard Carth Onasi if you wanted it that way.
jerjerrod4
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:49:47 AM

This looks fun, I'd do it except finding time to play is hard, but I await results with baited breath.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:12:32 AM

jen'ari wrote:
I don't know if I can find a better squad than this:

Revan
The Jedi Exile
Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
Zaalbar
Old Republic Commander
mouse droids x2
Ugnaughts x2

Carth Onasi goes to triple twin with GMA, hitting for 180 when using cunning attack and has the ability to move 6 before a round starts.
The Jedi Exile can help out against force users with Force cancel and Zaalbar can even be used to bodyguard Carth Onasi if you wanted it that way.

a solid squad man! I'd be interested to see how it does. Nice use of the old Jedi Exile!
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:23:23 PM

Ive had pretty decent success running this one

Revan
Meetra Surik
Bastila, Jedi General
Juhani
T3-M4
Chadra Fan Slicer
Uggy

Juhani gets GMA for double and with crits can go off for 140 damage, Revan himself goes off for 120 with cunning, Meetra has not the best damage potential, but the ability to block for anyone within 6 squares, and use FP from others so she might as well have renewal 3 at that point, and the ability to give Makashi/Soresu to bastila who has not only the ability to nail with triple with GMA, but has force stasis and squad heal to keep those guys in the fight... not to mention T3 and his ability to nail for 40 free damage against a group of guys... not the most solid damage output potential... but the variety of capabilities makes them a pretty dangerous force to be reckoned with
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:29:33 PM

It's a solid OR squad for sure. I really enjoy how Meetra and Bastila work together.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:44:20 PM

Seeing a lot of vassal activity running Legends and Veterans of War pieces, some interesting looking armies as well!
Things I would not have thought about.

I got to watch Vader face off against Galen Marek which was sweet. I love watching match-ups that really kind of happened in the verse, it just adds so much flavor.

I would love to watch the New Krayt squad vs the Cade squad.
Or some good Ol' fashion Mandos vs Old Republic
Justin Cook
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:48:44 AM

sign me up y2b. that's right boys! Shmi I am going to prove once and for all that I am the better man! That brings me to my brother Jenari. Don't think I have forgotten about you. You are going down and I will avenge my only loss to you. That is all. The Flame is rising. Motherfrickers.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:55:39 AM

Gotcha signed up! Pretty great turn out so far! Our goal was 20 and we have 15. 5 more to go everyone! If you enjoy our tournaments tell your friends and introduce them to it. If perhaps you are part of a play group where some players stopped playing due to certain NPE's let them know they do not exist here. Try and bring them back into the game. We would love to have them!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:51:47 PM

Justin Cook wrote:
sign me up y2b. that's right boys! Shmi I am going to prove once and for all that I am the better man! That brings me to my brother Jenari. Don't think I have forgotten about you. You are going down and I will avenge my only loss to you. That is all. The Flame is rising. Motherfrickers.

Only loss and only game bro.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:08:35 AM

you know, I just listened to the SHNN 1/8/15 and I believe there is an underlying tone of cynicism from the host and the others I heard on the show about the veterans of war release.

here is an idea for you haters--- sign up, win the league, get 300 dollars for winning, and then put the money towards the dying v-sets. heck if you clean house its like $475 you can guys can use to keep your own version going, shouldn't be such a tall task for the v-set designers since they are the best players in the game.
Amadeus
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:44:14 AM

I haven't listened to that one myself, but can we try and keep hostility to a minimum? Everyone on both design teams is just trying to find ways to keep the game fresh and interesting, we really don't need a flame war. (no offense intended to anyone, I just want bloomilk to stay a happy place)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:06:49 AM

I don't know, maybe a flame war will generate some buzz one way or the other and keep people coming back to bloomilk, which in turn may keep them interested in the game, so in the words of the immortal Human Torch:

Flame On! LOL
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:14:41 PM

I listened to it. It is clear that there is a tone of nonchalance and even superiority about it.
Right now there are 15 players signed up. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is a lot of players signed up. A lot more than most (or all) regional tournaments.

This league will stretch for about 5 months after the time it takes to PT new releases and the finals. That is almost half a year of Star Wars mini's!! Who can balk at that? Its wonderful. Let's be honest this Release has brought out twice as much interest on the forums than we have seen since ... well ... since LEGENDS was released.
I have seen more people on Vassal in the last week than I have seen on Vassal in a very long time. The other night there were three games going on at once. Two of which were PT their armies for VoW.

The pieces are wonderful, the opportunities for armies are wonderful, the flavor of the armies is what makes these sets so amazing. You can run theme armies and have them be very powerful. Krayt with his hands Nihl and Talon and his pal Wyyrlok, how sweet is that?!? and where else can you find such "camaraderie?"

The fact is that the TN version is ran by some very passionate people who know how to put on a good event. This event will be talked about for 5 months and it will be a blast. The LEGENDS event was massive and everyone who participated in it had a great time. This will be the talked about event of the fist half of this year. I do not see why anyone would try to be superior or act like this is not worth looking into.

LEGENDS and VoW are wonderful sets and the games are fast paced, exciting, and draw you in. It is a lot more real way to play when compared to Star Wars movies and Star Wars books. Its a blast, I think this event will further prove that and I think others who are afraid or nervous about this release really ought to give it a try and learn from it. They should embrace the fact that this way of playing is fun and exciting and might be a very good way to bring in new players. We have learned a lot from the V-sets and used what we learned when designing. We have fine tuned the game that has went down some rough routes with the V-Sets, it will take a lot for us to not go down rough routes as well as we continue designing.

In the immortal words of William Wallace "Unite us"

Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 4:47:19 PM

Quick question: Is the prize for the most Legends/Vow/other TN sets based on different TN pieces used, or just quantity? I don't really wanna see someone walk away with $25 just for playing a swarm of non-uniques every game.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 4:57:52 PM

We make non-uniques?
just kidding, I dont know the answer but want to second it that non-uniques should count as 1 piece used.
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 5:03:40 PM

I think that the Vsets and the TN sets are just different. Neither is necessarily better. The Vset stuff is more official and focused on the full game and competitive play, whereas the TN sets are far more creative and make for much more enjoyable games. Each has its place, and I enjoy each about equally.

As for superiority...The TN sets didn't need to replace the old Darth Revan. They made him playable, and maybe even competitive. With one piece. Not even the Vset designers could do that.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 5:08:48 PM

SignerJ wrote:
I think that the Vsets and the TN sets are just different. Neither is necessarily better. The Vset stuff is more official and focused on the full game and competitive play, whereas the TN sets are far more creative and make for much more enjoyable games. Each has its place, and I enjoy each about equally.

As for superiority...The TN sets didn't need to replace the old Darth Revan. They made him playable, and maybe even competitive. With one piece. Not even the Vset designers could do that.

thnx for the great post. one thing we try to do is keep some wizards stuff in the game by making stuff like malak, or nihl with crazy amounts of rapport or awesome abilities or even both for some wizards pieces that just need the help.
pegolego
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 5:11:31 PM

SignerJ wrote:

Exactly my opinion. It seems that many people are leaving because, while the v-sets are, for the most part, doing an excellent job making the game competitive in nature, with all factions having plenty to choose from, there were several NPEs chasing people away after awhile (and of course, as the game gets older, people want to try something different).

These pieces (and the accompanying ruleset) offer a break from that with a fresh and unique balance. As pointed out, Revan is alive and kicking (quite hard; I've seen multiple builds that will definitely have the potential to be TOP SQUADS in the League with him).

And Revan isn't the ONLY old WotC piece now much more fun (and viable) to use through some support from TN minis (some in conjunction with some great pieces brought to us by the v-set designers! Wink). Not even the only SITH LORD; Darth Krayt can now be used in conjunction with several different combinations of his followers to make him fun and, I assure you, quite competitive in TN Minis Smile

Also, the designers made a great Old Republic Revan that makes so many of his old KotOR friends useful; I personally find it very difficult to decide just which ones to use!

These also offer the opportunity for those who enjoy customizing stats to pop in on jawajuice.boards.net and chime in during the design process, giving their feedback and ideas. You can also pick what you like to playtest and report your findings and suggestions that result, while interacting with designers and others interested in the process of the sets as we design.

So, people shouldn't view the idea of participating in this tournament as a sort of 'choosing allegiances', it's just an opportunity to try something different, take a break from standard for awhile, with more of our favorite characters beating up on each other, rather than what has lately been more of a focus on swarms and out-activating the opponent.

Is either perfect? No, not necessarily. But the idea is not to REPLACE, but to offer an alternative game play type. And so far, the reaction seems to have been positive overall, I know of a few people trying out the game (for the first time, or first in a long time), excited to see how TN Minis plays out ThumbsUp

So, give it a shot, everyone. I think you just might enjoy it BlooMilk
pegolego
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 5:17:15 PM

Plus, there's great prizes, so why not give it a shot, everyone? Flapper